TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Retard Girl

Promo: Jokes

"A joke."

Taiga is slumped against a wall of concrete blocks in an undisclosed basement-looking area.

"Of course... I've been taken as a joke before. This is nothing new for me."

Taiga is talking about 'Hollywood' Spike Jenkins. Earlier that day, someone told her something. Someone heard from someone that heard from someone that Jenkins had some choice words about her. These choice words were made quite clear to a couple of commissioners and assorted extras in the office.

"You'd think by now that people would understand this. Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I am a wrestler. Yes, I expect to receive a pounding! I don't want to have my opponents 'take it easy' on me. I don't want special treatment. I want to be seen AS A WRESTLER. And one day, I hope, someone will see an upcoming card, see my name next to theirs, and they will say "Oh, Taiga Star, there's a good WRESTLER." Not a girl."

She shifts, folds her legs under her, draws idly in the dust on the floor with a finger.

"I'm so much more than 'a girl'. That's all I've ever tried to prove."

Taiga eventually gets to her feet. She stretches her arms, her legs, bends around and cracks her back a few times. She walks, being followed by the cameraman that we're not supposed to know is there. A door is opened and the blinding sunshine washes everything out for a moment. Taiga squints against the onslaught of the sun's rays before reaching into her pocket and producing a pair of sunglasses, old-fashioned cats-eyes shaped with little rhinestones in the corners.

"What the fuck, man." She scoffs. "Why did we have to tour the Caribbean and Florida in the hottest stretch of the year? Fuck... I'm putting in to tour Siberia next summer."

Taiga wanders around the outside of the Miami Arena, looking for a way in. She is getting flustered in the heat, she pulls out a rag to wipe the sweat off her face. She finds a door, finally, and can't wait to enter the relative oasis of the air conditioned building.

The door she finds brings her into the backside of the cafeteria. "Mmmm, lunch." She wanders her way out of the kitchen and into the cafeteria proper, grabs a tray, and walks the line. She orders a sandwich... no, strike that, two sandwiches. "Can you put that second one in a bag? I'm not going to have it until later."

Sign in to follow this