TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Gail Kim gone from TNA

TOP KNOCKOUT GONE FROM TNA

by Mike Johnson @ 10:33 PM on 8/20/2008

Gail Kim, who the entire TNA Knockouts division was initially built around and was the first Knockouts champion, is gone from TNA. I don't have details regarding the departure yet, but TNA did remove Kim from their roster and Knockouts sections this evening. One source commented, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim, a former WWE Women's champion, had been with the company since October 2005, originally as a valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. Kim graduated into the top babyface for the Knockouts division, including a really good feud against Awesome Kong.

In recent months, she had been among the top of the babyface Knockouts alongside ODB, Roxxi and current champion Taylor Wilde, but had not been portrayed as the top female in the division.

TOP KNOCKOUT GONE FROM TNA

by Mike Johnson @ 10:33 PM on 8/20/2008

Gail Kim, who the entire TNA Knockouts division was initially built around and was the first Knockouts champion, is gone from TNA. I don't have details regarding the departure yet, but TNA did remove Kim from their roster and Knockouts sections this evening. One source commented, "It means exactly what you think it means."

Kim, a former WWE Women's champion, had been with the company since October 2005, originally as a valet for Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted. Kim graduated into the top babyface for the Knockouts division, including a really good feud against Awesome Kong.

In recent months, she had been among the top of the babyface Knockouts alongside ODB, Roxxi and current champion Taylor Wilde, but had not been portrayed as the top female in the division.

WTF?? this came out of no where, but he's right. She's not on the website.

Like Marvin said, for Gods sake, let her go back to WWE. She would be a great addition to the women's division. Hopefully WWE wont neuter her moveset like they did during her last run.

I might consider putting her on the SD roster instead of Raw. SD is in need of a core group of women workers if they are serious about the Divas title beyond it being a prop for McCool.

In a way I can't say I blame Kim for leaving TNA, though we don't currently know her reasons. But let's face it, she was supposed to be the top woman wrestler in the promotion and they had her in the Sting/Vader type feud with Kong, but eventually that all fizzled out and TNA put the belt on quite literally a chick from the crowd.

That's kind of a weird criticism though, isn't it? I mean, how long could the Knockouts division be about Kim/Kong? She was the first champ in Oct '07 and held it until January. She feuded with Kong from around Dec '07 to April '08. Then she started feuding with the Beautiful People and was back working with Kong last month after 2 or 3 months apart. They've even got a big match set for Impact.

Realistically Kong and Kim can't be the focus of the Knockouts division forever. They were for the first 6 months or so of the division and are the main reason it was so strongly established. But you need new challengers and champions too. Kim was never pushed aside and forgotten. When ODB started feuding with Kong Kim was right there with her. When she stopped feuding with Kong and the Challenge/Taylor story started she went right into a story with the Beautiful People. She and Love got a built up match recently on PPV and the whole feud has brought her back to Kong and allied with Taylor.

It almost seems like a trap TNA is stuck in. Because Kim and Kong were what made this division as long as Kim isn't directly in the title hunt people seem to think they're doing something wrong. And Kong wasn't a featured player for 2 or 3 weeks this summer and people started to ask what TNA was doing. Other stars HAVE to shine eventually and that means pushing both ladies aside at times. I don't know that there's a real way to avoid that. But TNA's never really dropped them out of the mix like some of the B players like Traci or Roxxi so they seem to be going out of their way to keep Kim and Kong around the top even when others are getting the spotlight.

If its true it sucks for TNA's division but having no idea what happened makes it hard to judge. I think TNA can be fine without her but she's a loss, especially because of this rich history she's formed with Kong. But if it allows someone else to shine I guess it isn't all bad, and if she can help out WWE's divisions then there you go.

This makes zero sense. She was clearly the top star of the women's division, they have been pushing that "It's Gail's sister!" angle for quite some time and isn't she supposed to main event IMPACT tomorrow night in the match with Kong? Unless her deal ran out, which would show TNA are really massive idiots for not paying attention or the sister angle majorly angered her, I am overall confused by all of this.

And her comments are still in an article about Traci Brooks up on the site. What the hell is going on with these yahoos? Every time they do something positive, they follow it up with every possible negative they can.

Gail Kim's Myspace was apparently hacked and there's some picture of a random blonde on it now. What's with TNA wrestlers' Myspaces getting hacked? I know a few months ago Jay Lethal had his hacked for the 2nd or 3rd time according to him.

I was checking to see if Gail Kim had an update on leaving TNA which is why I brought this up.

Former TNA Knockout champion Gail Kim will be heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to several WWE sources. From what I am told, it was a pretty sizeable offer so I'd expect her to be pretty heavily in the Diva mix when she debuts.

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

TNA sources indicate that Kim left on extremely good terms and as one person told me, the "door is always open". I am told there was no heat over her departure. Kim's final TNA appearance will be on tonight's Impact broadcast, facing TNA rival Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=32863&p=1

Former TNA Knockout champion Gail Kim will be heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to several WWE sources. From what I am told, it was a pretty sizeable offer so I'd expect her to be pretty heavily in the Diva mix when she debuts.

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

TNA sources indicate that Kim left on extremely good terms and as one person told me, the "door is always open". I am told there was no heat over her departure. Kim's final TNA appearance will be on tonight's Impact broadcast, facing TNA rival Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=32863&p=1

Gail Kim going back to WWE.....YEA FUCKER YEA! The Knockout Division will definitely be taking a hard shot with her departure. At least they still have a few solid female wrestlers left, but her absense will definitely have it's effects.

I'm proud for Gail going back to WWE, as she got a lot better in the ring the past few years, and will make a great addition to the WWE's women's division, or for the Divas title. Hmmm, WWE now has The Truth and Gail Kim, and I think Tomko should be next, since he too left on good terms in WWE.

Is Impact live tonight? I don't see spoilers around anywhere..

They were in the thread with last week's spoilers.

This week's spoilers are in the thread for last week's spoilers. I had to ask in a different thread because I couldn't find them either.

As for Gail, good for her that she will be getting a better pay day and better exposure. I hope she us put as one of the top in WWE and not an afterthought. Just which brand? Smackdown could use her workrate to help establish the new title, but RAW is desperate for faces in the Divas. All they have is Mickie and Kelly Kelly. It seemed like Mickie isn't feuding right away with Beth right now, could that mean right into Beth/Gail?

Guest WhackingCockDick

Wasn't this bitch supposed to spark the renaissance of women's wrestling? Wasn't that five years ago?

Wasn't this bitch supposed to spark the renaissance of women's wrestling? Wasn't that five years ago?

Look around you, she did spark it. Without the effort spearheaded by Gail Kim & Awesome Kong, we wouldn't have a successful TNA Knockouts Division or WWE's Divas Division response.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Oh, I don't watch TNA. I don't even post in this folder! I just remember her getting over like a fart in church back in 2003.

It didn't help that all she was given was a Matrix-like Titantron and a pair of sunglasses.

Not to mention describing her Women's title win in her first WWE match as "orgasmic".

I was gonna post that too.

Before she debuted everyone blew their load over her (Downhome especially), and then she debuted and botched some spots and everyone got off that bandwagon real fast.

It was funny

Before she debuted everyone blew their load over her (Downhome especially), and then she debuted and botched some spots and everyone got off that bandwagon real fast.

It was funny

wasn't it AndrewTS that was going crazy over her before her debut? I vaguely remember that

Oh, I don't watch TNA. I don't even post in this folder! I just remember her getting over like a fart in church back in 2003.

Gail didn't have a chance at getting over in WWE since they had her win the women's title in her debut, and someone winning a title in their debut never gets over. It didn't help that she wasn't very good then as well.

It was funny

I remember talk of "the female Rey Mysterio".