TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Gail Kim gone from TNA

Gail Kim sucked when she first came to WWE but towards the end of her stint she improved dramatically and it was a shame they didn't hold onto her but now she'll get a push after her outstanding TNA run.

This news does suck for TNA, but very good for WWE.

I'm glad she left on good terms, has she left just to get more money and exposure?

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

So yes, I'd say it's entirely over money and exposure. Which...is good. She left on good terms with TNA, and she's looking just for a bigger payday now that her stock has risen. And you know that if TNA and the Knockout division is still around when her WWE contract is up that she'll probably head back there. She could be like the female Jeff Jarrett of the Monday Night Wars: a couple years WWE, a couple TNA, a couple WWE, and then another couple TNA.

I am proud of Gail. Her hard work and dedication led to the creation of a women's division and a women's title. Her feud with Awesome Kong earned the title belt and the division a whole lot of credibility. It's great that she left TNA on good terms and will likely return to WWE and earn a nice amount of money, which should help her become financially secure once her wrestling days are over. I'd prefer to see her on RAW as Gail's said a few times that she'd like to wrestle Beth again - they fought each other years ago.

Gail is 32 years old and the shelf life of a female competitor in North America doesn't last forever. Going where the money is while your stock is as high as it's ever been is a very wise decision. The Knockouts Division will take a hit and it will be hard to fill Gail's shoes, but they still have a few solid and sound wrestlers capable of putting on great matches.

One door closes and another one opens and a brand new adventure begins. Thank you, Gail, for the TNA memories and may you continue to realize all your dreams and goals.

Torch/Rajah

The primary reason Gail Kim left TNA for WWE was due to the significant discrepancy between the kind of money WWE offered her and what TNA offered her. According to multiple sources, Kim really didn't really want to leave TNA, but she felt she had no choice but to accept WWE's offer due to the massive difference in money.

Despite being the most consistent TV ratings draws for the company, it appears that no matter how successful the female performers are for TNA, they're still not going to make much money, at least in comparison to the guys. The company still saw the top babyface in the division of what has become, from a television ratings standpoint, their most successful entity, as a low-budget expenditure. TNA offered their top female babyface star well under $100,000 per year, a figure that can only be met if she appears on a target number of shows, so if she gets hurt, she's not getting all the money. TNA's offer to Kim was said to be less than one-third of what WWE was offering - a six-figure downside guaranteed contract for three years. Also, Kim can potentially earn significantly more from appearing on pay-per-views and house shows, not to mention merchandise such as action figures. Additionally, TNA's lackluster offer to Kim probably doesn't bode well for the other girls in the company when their respective contracts come up considering that the top star couldn't even get a six figure offer.

Kim's friends had to talk her into leaving for WWE due to her strong sense of loyalty and happiness with TNA. While Kim loved TNA as well as her friends in the company, she couldn't justify not taking the significantly better offer from WWE. One friend of Kim said she really had no choice but to go for the financial security that only WWE can provide. One TNA source disappointed in her decision said she chose to be unhappy for more money rather than stay happy with the smaller company that made her a star.

There was said to be a huge void backstage at this week's Impact tapings as a number of her friends couldn't believe she was gone, especially without saying goodbye before she left.

One friend of Kim's with knowledge of TNA's apparent lowball offer deemed it to be "insulting" and "possibly sexist." Also, Kim couldn't risk getting hurt or being jobbed out once her decision to leave TNA was made.

PWTorch has learned that Gail Kim has personally reached out to Dixie Carter to see if a deal can be struck for her to return to TNA after all. As PWTorch has reported in multiple instances over the past week, friends have said she felt terrible about leaving TNA, but felt she had to because WWE's offer was at least triple what TNA's supposed final offer was.

Kim did reportedly meet with WWE officials, but has been hestitant to sign a deal with WWE due to her happiness with working for TNA - other than the lowball offer she was given.

From what we understand, neither Kim nor Dixie Carter were happy with the way TNA reps and Kim's reps (lawyers and/or agent) handled the negotiations, and both have decided to at least see if a return could be worked out.

Carter has asked some tough questions to people within TNA lately whom she trusted to handle this part of the business well; there are indications she felt out of the loop and wanted to try to make the situation right.

Keller's Analysis: It's good that TNA may be able to make this situation right. Kim badly wanted to stay with TNA and, as we reported, had to be talked into the only dignified move - walking away from TNA's insultingly lowball offer considering the hard numbers of what she's drawn in her matches on Impact (usually the ighest rated of each show she's on) and her popularity behind the scenes and the respect her colleagues have for her. I've also heard there was a backlash among several TNA wrestlers - women and men - that TNA didn't pay her due respect with a fair-minded renewal offer.

I've said from the start of this whole thing between Kim and TNA that Kim was going to be returning. Seems like she realized that happiness is worth more then money in the long run. I think that if she returns, you will see TNA start giving more money to people, see: Christian, Kong and 3D contract coming up.

Well...if that's all true than TNA has a chance to do something really positive and pay the girl. They act like ratings are the most important thing in their world...well...Gail Kim draws higher ratings than pretty much anyone. Pay her. Fire Kip...and pay her.

Well...if that's all true than TNA has a chance to do something really positive and pay the girl. They act like ratings are the most important thing in their world...well...Gail Kim draws higher ratings than pretty much anyone. Pay her. Fire Kip...and pay her.

I think this will all lead to Dixie taking a more active role in negotiations and it seems most of the wrestlers within think highly of her. That could be an incredible plus for the future of TNA. Kim deserves a raise and should easily be given an offer that makes her more than comfortable to stay. The lady wants to stay, I'm sure the fans want her to stay, and bringing her back with a raise would be a great will sign to the rest of the females.

The negative for Gail is this...if she walks away from the WWE's offer, I almost bet they will NEVER offer her another deal like it. They will low ball the hell out of her and make her pay with jobs.

I have a strong feeling she will appear at the TNA ppv in Canada next weekend, given her Canadian roots and everything.

I have a strong feeling she will appear at the TNA ppv in Canada next weekend, given her Canadian roots and everything.

What I'm thinking is that ODB beats Kong, but Kong beats down ODB after the match. As this is happening some of the face Knockouts run down but get taken out by Kong and Said (or however she spells it), and then a returning Gail Kim runs down and takes out Kong to continue their feud.

Fucking hell do I ever agree with that. How can they justify to keep dead weight like Kip & BG on the roster.. and then lowball Gail Kim. Those two fucks (NAO) haven't drawn shit in years.

BG is really, really good friends with Jarrett. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I can only assume Kip has a job because he's friends with BG.

What I'm thinking is that ODB beats Kong, but Kong beats down ODB after the match. As this is happening some of the face Knockouts run down but get taken out by Kong and Said (or however she spells it), and then a returning Gail Kim runs down and takes out Kong to continue their feud.

That would be cool and lead to a final match for their feud at Bound For Glory where it pretty much began a year ago.

TNA is too small of a promotion right now to have that many jobbers on the roster (like BG James, and Kip mentioned above). This isn't WWE, where the company makes a lot of money to justify having dead weight on the roster.