TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

That makes sense on the apprentice thing, CV...I guess I can see that. Maybe he viewed this apprentice in the same light he would eventually view Luke?

I did read in one of the books about the idea that turning more machine than man may have stripped some Vader's powers, just can't remember which book...the Thrawn Trilogy, perhaps?

I think it was the Thrawn Trilogy that mentioned that. It's been awhile, but I've read that series and that idea sounds like something I've read in the past.

Yeah I think so...I think Mara mentions to Luke that Vader could have been more powerful had it not been for being mostly machine. I dunno, it's been awhile since I read that.

Just downloaded hte demo onto my 360- oh, my fucking GOD. I'm flinging stormtroopers, crates- I tried to throw a TIE, but couldn't lock on properly. Still, this is the most fun I've had in a Star Wars game in a while. I cannot WAIT to get this game.

Also bought the novelization of the plot, it looks solid so far.

Anakin, pick up a crate and put it front of tie-figher that is flying by...good times.

Guest Smues

I enjoyed it for a rental. But other than playing a Luke with a lightsaber it didn't do much for me.

Anakin, pick up a crate and put it front of tie-figher that is flying by...good times.

Just tried that.. yes, good times indeed.

That walker is a bitch, though. I just want to fling it like I flung the TIEs, once I got a hold of that.

Just got playing through the first couple of levels, and yeah, the game is as fun as it seems. The first level playing through as Vader and just wrecking shit is fun. Playing through the first full level as the Apprentice is fun and gives the pace to the rest of the game. I'm a little drunk right now (and while I was playing as well) but hopefully I'll get through it before the weekend is done and I'll have more to add.

I did read in one of the books about the idea that turning more machine than man may have stripped some Vader's powers

I'm way late on this, but just wanted to chime in that I'm pretty certain George Lucas has said that Anakin originally had the potential to be twice as powerful as the Emperor, but losing his limbs left him at about 80% of the Emperor's power. This is cuz the midichorians are in your blood and flesh or whatever, and Anakin lost a shitload of it.

Also, I sorta assumed that Vader never used force lightning because it could've potentially fucked up his electrical systems. I mean, that's kinda why he died, isn't it? Cuz he grabbed the Emperor and got force-lightning-ed, thus fucking his systems up? I'm I'm not mistaken, his breathing doesn't even sound right after that. That was prolly all just stuff I assumed though.

Anyway, I only just heard of this game a little while ago, and seeing that it's apparently getting good reviews, I think I might take advantage of my roomie's new PS3 and rent it.

Edit: Just watched the vid in the first post, and holy fuck, tonfa lightsabers!!

Anyway, I only just heard of this game a little while ago, and seeing that it's apparently getting good reviews

It is? Where? I wanted this game to be good, but EGM gave it a B-, C, and C, and they hyped it hard. It has an average of 74%so far at GameRankings. The EGM review said that, around 1/3 of the way into the game, enemies get force fields that negate your force powers, thus undermining the whole premise of the game and devolving it to a subpar hack and slash.

I can wait.

Just remove your system from the network and you'll be fine.

Its how a few of us at my job played thru SoulCalibur and a few other games before they were officially out.

Its how a few of us at my job played thru SoulCalibur and a few other games before they were officially out.

You don't have to do that at all. There's no punishment for getting a game early. I have 2 friends who were playing Rock Band 2 online several days ago.

You don't have to do that at all. There's no punishment for getting a game early. I have 2 friends who were playing Rock Band 2 online several days ago.

Yeah but see...working for a game store is a bit different seeing as how the company is at fault for breaking street date and well, I tend to like my job.

I work at Blockbuster. We got our rental copies in yesterday, so I just take it home and don't scan it into the computer. My boss doesn't mind since nobody else plays games, so she usually lets me take a game home early anyway so I can recommend it.

Back to the game, yeah, it's pretty awesome. I can see how it would get old fast to some though. It does seem like "go there, kill this jedi" over and over without any real change in gameplay. The battles are cool though. Killing rancors is the shit, and leveling up and watching your force powers get stronger is fun. If you are on the fence about it, rent it for sure. For those that are gonna buy it, I can see myself playing it over on the harder levels.

Anyone else get horizontal tearing when running around and moving the camera? I noticed this on the demo too but figured it was just a bug that'd get fixed in the final build.

No. Defintely level based. Sandbox would've been awesome, though. Maybe for the next one. Actually if this DC Online MMO is successful and works out on PS3 I'd like to see something like that done for Star Wars. Something that's NOT named Galaxies. ;)

I think there is a Star Wars KOTOR MMO in the works.

Its Rumored, not sure how true it is though, the last news article I can see about it is dated November 2007 - maybe I'm not looking hard enough. well oh shit look at that, a quick Google search and I find a wiki all about it: http://kotor.mmolab.com/index.php/Main_Page

I rented the game yesterday and I have been really enjoying it. However I have a few issues with it.

1. The AI is able to cheese the living fuck out of you. I hate getting shot then falling over and once I get back up again...I get shot again and fall back down and then this repeats a few times. Thinking about that, I also hate the little fucks with the stun guns as well. They do the same bullshit.

2. The targeting sucks balls...still. 25% of the time, I can't really lock on to what I want to.

3. This game is glitchy.

When I went back to the

wookie planet (I don't know how to spell it.)

, I destoryed a AT-AT and after the small combo cutscene the giant wall I'm suppose to force push through just vanished. I had to walk back a little ways and come back to the area for it to pop up. Also later in the same level, something happen so I couldn't run anymore. I had to walk for a good chunk of the level.

It's still a good game though.