TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

DECLASSIFIED: Topics to be discussed in next weeks chat

Guest cobainwasmurdered

It should be on monday unless I fall asleep like last week. There's some stuff we need to go over and it seems the only way it gets done is in the chat. If you aren't going to be able to join us you can still weigh in here.

This is the stuff I've got on the agenda, and stuff you think we need to discuss:

-Revamping/eliminating The Gulag

-Efforts to Improve the wrestling folders (and other areas)

-Dealing with Marvin and other idiots.

-The Pit closing down and how we'll handle it.

I have something to take care of on Monday, don't know if I'll be around.

Get rid of it. Serves no purpose.

Bring back "Banned from the WWE Folder." I read every topic in there, I'll say when it's time. Noah Fentz is the one deserving of it, although others are clearly retarded. Get rid of Jericholic82 while we're at it.

Turn their posting and PM's off for a week once it's time to actually do it, don't tell anyone that you did. Maybe they'll get the hint and stay gone. If not, ban them when the flood the board with complaints. But they gotta be big-ass idiots, as in never contribute anything to the folder(s) in which they cause problems. Like Marvin!

Don't do anything. Set up a board for refugees at the most. HAHAHA.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I was talking to czech earlier and I came up with an idea for the gulag.

make it so anyone can post in it, toss in a bunch of idiots such as the wwe folder guys you mentioned. They have to stay in for like say...4 days at the end of that time we have the posters vote on whether or not to let them out. So while they're in there they have to entertain everyone.

The wrestling folder: Banning from the folder is good I also think we should bring back folder mods, not that King and others aren't doing a good job but I think we really had a good thing going with Dandy and Cheech. I don't know about bringing back Dandy but Cheech if we can get him and someone like Venkman would be great.

The Pit: When I mention the Pit I don't just mean whether to mess with it, which I don't think we should but how we'll handle it being gone. Will we suspend registration for a week to stop Paul/Leena, etc.

If you want a wrestling mod, I say Venkman. It's probably a good idea to do that right now because I've got a lot of shit on my plate. Just make sure whoever it is knows about not getting Admin CP and that stuff.

My thoughts, in case you fall asleep like last week.

I agree with allowing the other posters to post in there if they choose. I also still think we should stick strictly with the Gulag as punishments beyond warnings, and just lengthen the time in there with each offense. If you still insist on suspensions and bannings, then I agree with 909, it serves no purpose. Maybe this is something we could have a board-wide vote on, either to just use the Gulag, or get rid of it and just use suspensions and bannings.

The WWE folder is always going to be shit, but getting rid of the obvious idiots (DarKnight, Noah Fentz) will suffice for now. Other than that, there really are no problems with the other folders in my eyes. Current Events should go un-moderated for the most part, let them PM us or something if there's a really bad problem in there.

Marvin is really not that bad. I agree with bob on this quote:

The Marvin situation wouldn't be so bad if everyone didn't trip over themselves to call him an idiot. People need to learn the power of the ignore button.

This isn't wildpegasus, who was a board-wide plague no matter what the topic. He gets annoying about Baltimore teams, so what. Czech can be the same way with his teams sometimes, and obviously we're not putting him in the Gulag. I don't follow Current Events, but his views can't be that horrible that we create a filter specifically to keep him from posting in there, while SuperJerk and C-Bacon can post at will.

Just let it expire, and do not mess with it. We've done a good job taking the high road in this imaginary rivalry that some of those guys keep pushing, and with a few exceptions, those guys are not bad people. Let it die, please.

Will we suspend registration for a week to stop Paul/Leena, etc.

haha, a week isn't going to stop those two.

Guest Vitamin X

Marvin is really not that bad. I agree with bob on this quote:

The Marvin situation wouldn't be so bad if everyone didn't trip over themselves to call him an idiot. People need to learn the power of the ignore button.

This isn't wildpegasus, who was a board-wide plague no matter what the topic. He gets annoying about Baltimore teams, so what. Czech can be the same way with his teams sometimes, and obviously we're not putting him in the Gulag. I don't follow Current Events, but his views can't be that horrible that we create a filter specifically to keep him from posting in there, while SuperJerk and C-Bacon can post at will.

Completely disagree. There's a point where Marvin gets to a topic and completely derails a topic, in exactly the same manner in which we chided and despised wildpegasus for doing. Sure, people need to learn the power of the ignore button- but the reality of it is, the ignore button is fucking useless. I think Czech described it perfectly a while back when even wondering what the hell the point of that thing is, when 1. you can just scroll past someone's post, and 2. people will still quote the person, thus seeing what they said, and 3. it doesn't even remove the entire post, it still gives you a chance to CLICK RIGHT HERE TO SEE WHAT THEY SAID. The ignore button has been an interesting enough social experiment, and frankly, it appears we like degenerating discussion into flaming, but what good is that really doing? And dude isn't that bad outside of the two folders he's been filtered out of. So, we just let him be and that's that.

And no, CE is not that bad at all, when C-Bacon actually doesn't post in there that often (and his heyday of idiocy has come and gone a long time ago) and Superjerk isn't that bad. Eric's kind of a douche, but it's CE, so whatever. But no one is so mind-numbingly dumb and gives less of a shit abotu what anyone else says than he does, and it's awful, awful shit to deal with. And he does it consistently, too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Eliminate the Gulag and ban users when they fuck up.

Wrestling: Don't care, but don't make me come up there. Remember my reign of terror on the TNA folder?

Marvin: There's been far far worse that posted here for a long time. He's tolerable basically everywhere else but CE, where he only regurgitates Glenn Beck and is mocked accordingly. That's sufficient punishment.

Pit: Close registration.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I think Marvin being banned from CE is a good thing at least for awhile.

Guest WhackingCockDick
Just let it expire, and do not mess with it. We've done a good job taking the high road in this imaginary rivalry that some of those guys keep pushing, and with a few exceptions, those guys are not bad people. Let it die, please.

You have a higher opinion of them than I do. By and large, they're either pricks or dullards. If we do decide to mess with it, can we just make the URL redirect to a silly gif for a few days before the clock runs out.

Like this

skull-animation.gif

I don't want anything done to CE. Better to let morons get their opinions picked apart (even Marvin, I think) than it is to silence them. Just don't stick an HD or CS tag on there.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

The thing is having idiots like Marvin everywhere can be a huge turn off for other posters interested in discussion. It's hard to have a real discussion about politics when everyone is busy arguing with a dumbfuck like marvin.

Unfortunately, not much from Josh and the douche gang about the way they killed The Pit (heh irony).

But, just to let the Green Board dopes know that I told them about this, and I was right, like always.

None, the only thing in there about you is

Warned Frogg Neal for posting a link to a picture of two dudes fucking in the WWE folder, which also just so happened to lock up my browser for 5 minutes.

Goddamn.

I still don't get that, though. I never did that shit. It was a link to... I don't even remember. Something to do with wrestling, though. I'm assuming the link was changed.

That's suprising about Czech, though. I know that mofucker despises me.

Sign in to follow this