TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (8/22/2008)

At SummerSlam, Edge faced a returning Undertaker in an epic Hell in a Cell Match. The Rated-R Superstar vowed to show The Deadman the "purest form of hell." But after one of one of WWE’s most brutal matches, it was the legendary Phenom who sent the Ultimate Opportunist into the great inferno. With Undertaker back on SmackDown, will SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero – or anyone else – be safe from his vengeful scourge?

WWE Champion Triple H reigned supreme over The Great Khali, defying the odds by hitting the Pedigree in his very first match with the Punjabi Giant at SummerSlam. Now, The Game must defend his title in a five-man WWE Championship Scramble Match at Unforgiven.

This week on SmackDown, it will be none other than The Great Khali and Jeff Hardy who will compete in an Unforgiven WWE Championship Scramble Qualifying Match for an opportunity to face The King of Kings for his crown. What other SmackDown Superstars might get an opportunity to compete for a chance at the WWE Championship at Unforgiven?

Witness the fallout from SummerSlam on SmackDown on The CW Network at 8/7 CT.

That Maria match was better than expected... I'm watching a strange feed with no commercials... actually, some of the entrances are oddly clipped as well... weird...

There is one guy in this match that I have never seen before and no idea who he is.

the dude who looks like CM Punk minus the tatts?

Yes.

Jay Bradley/Ryan Braddock.

man, I haven't watched SD in forever...who thought going redhead with Nattie would be a good idea?

and what is this fucking Battle Royal...Holy FCW!

They only asked her to change her hair color because Vince & Stephanie thought she looked too similar to Beth Phoenix. They didn't tell her what to change her hair to. That was strictly her decision. She's naturally a brunette.

Remember when Kenny stole the sledgehammer from HHH way back during the Spirit Squad days and everyone was calling for him to get that big push?

Yeah, good job with that one.

He could have been a contender, but his attitude did him in. That and he was injured for at least part of his time off.

It's so weird seeing The Brian Kendrick in that promo.

"No, no, no. Not just Brian Kendrick...THE Brian Kendrick."

I'll have to admit that got a chuckle out of me. I was waiting to see HHH name the 3 other opponents and then be legit trying to remember the name of the 4th fella.

As for Broddock, he looks like a dead ringer for James Storm. That said, they could have at least given him a win over Braden Walker before BW's departure.

Definitely looking forward to Truth's debut. Comparisons to Fatu's 1995 vignettes aside, Truth's segments have been very good leading up to next week.

Definitely looking forward to Truth's debut. Comparisons to Fatu's 1995 vignettes aside, Truth's segments have been very good leading up to next week.

"Wassup?! Makin' a difference!"

Yeah I think Killings is going to get over nicely on SD. Looking forward to his debut. As far as Kendrick goes, they can't seriously put him in a PPV main event. I would assume from seeing this show that next week Big Show goes to Vickie and demands a match with Kendrick to get into the Scramble, and of course squashes him dead.

As far as MVP goes, why exactly would fans in the arena be into him? His ring music is so soft and laid back it doesn't excite anyone, and then he proceeds to do nothing but work an armbar for 10 minutes. Aside from a few of the Benoit US title matches he had in 2007 I haven't really seen much in MVP's ringwork.

Yeah I think Killings is going to get over nicely on SD. Looking forward to his debut. As far as Kendrick goes, they can't seriously put him in a PPV main event. I would assume from seeing this show that next week Big Show goes to Vickie and demands a match with Kendrick to get into the Scramble, and of course squashes him dead.

As far as MVP goes, why exactly would fans in the arena be into him? His ring music is so soft and laid back it doesn't excite anyone, and then he proceeds to do nothing but work an armbar for 10 minutes. Aside from a few of the Benoit US title matches he had in 2007 I haven't really seen much in MVP's ringwork.

erelpt.gif

If they really wanna get THE BRIAN KENDRICK over they so need to have him win in the Main Event early on... only to have Triple H Pedigree him at the very end to win in the last seconds... it would fit in so well with his current gimmick to have him declare himself a former WWE Heavyweight Champion even though the record books wouldn't show it. The promos would be great.

If they don't go that way... then this would be a way for them to get this to be MVP's first WWE Championship reign. I could see Triple H having the match won, he just hit a Pedigree on Shelton and then a Drive-by Kick from MVP on HHH, and he steals the pin on Shelton in the very last seconds of the match. You could carry that feud on until Survivor Series. It just seems like something they could do.