TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

How many old timers are still around?

I don't know when for sure, but I know I was hanging around pre-9/11. Hey, who else remembers 9/11 around here? That Jay Bower meathead who used to contribute achingly dull blog posts to the main page about his frat boy-ocity had about three or four all-caps threads in the WWE folder, then got indignant when a mod moved them to Current Events or General Chat. He felt the need to inform the WWE crowd who didn't stray elsewhere on the board of what was going on. He had a point though: in retrospect is it admirable or annoying that mods were remaining ever-vigilant in categorizing the board even when fiery death was reigning down from the sky? I suppose it was a good thing--if they allowed people to post willy-nilly and permitted chaos to reign, the terrorists would have won.

When did I join this place?

Obvious edit coming:

Nearly six years ago.

Fun fact: I knew Vanhalen from another forum before this one. I was here a year before he was, so I don't think he followed me here.

At least, I don't think it was fault.

Guest Epic Fail Orange

2001. Dunno when exactly, but I remember seeing a 9/11 thread on here.

I started lurking in 2001...right around 9/11. (And I'm just realizing I was 15 years old, holy shit.)

And then I moved on to lurking at WDI...and then I posted at WDI a lot...and now I'm just a lurker again.

SNAPS! Moses The Monkey!

Been here since the switch from EZboard.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I joined in like June 2001 but didn't start posting more till around 9/11 and got real active just as we were moving off the ezboard.

My member number gives an idea how long I have been here.

And I go back before yellow. Hell before Sean Shannon went insane and became a woman.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I joined around 9/11 too. Hm. I guess it has become our generations Kennedy asasination.

I remember exactly where I was and who I was with, so probably.

I used to be around pre-9/11 as RollingChop among other SNs. I posted mainly in Puroresu threads. My interest in Wrestling died down after WCW was sold and even more so when WWE instituted the brand split. I still watched the few AJPW 1990's DVDs I had, but rarely watched WWE. I have been following MMA and have recently been watching WWE and TNA programming more often. I have also been nostalgically watching YouTube clips of ECW, WWE and WCW from the mid-to-late 90's.

You might be slightly disappointed to know that TSM isn't really about wrestling anymore.

Cause wrestling sucks now. Kind of amazed that I can't bring myself to watch something now that was a big part of my life for about 20 years.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Jack if you've forgotten the password for your old account send one of us mods a PM with a new password and we'll set it up.

I've been around since the 2001 blue board, really only as a lurker and off and on poster. I think my shining moment was being flamed by The Thread Killer around the time of the WDI split in December.

You remember me flaming you 7 years ago? What the hell did I say? Either you have a great memory or I said something pretty damn mean.

Oh, and I've been here since...uh...well, I was here when all that nonsense with Sean Shannon changing the site to an article about rape happened...and I think the site was called Rantsylvania then...so I think it was 1999. Not that I really post here anymore.

I've been around since the 2001 blue board, really only as a lurker and off and on poster. I think my shining moment was being flamed by The Thread Killer around the time of the WDI split in December.

You remember me flaming you 7 years ago? What the hell did I say? Either you have a great memory or I said something pretty damn mean.

Oh, and I've been here since...uh...well, I was here when all that nonsense with Sean Shannon changing the site to an article about rape happened...and I think the site was called Rantsylvania then...so I think it was 1999. Not that I really post here anymore.

I think it was when all the WDI originals got banned (Witty Banter, can't remember who). Being a 16 year old dumbass then I tried to make by self look cool and "in" by reguritating the SK=Hitler stuff. And you let me have it, big time. Dont remember what was said, but it was like really long. Wish the blue board was still around, so I can see it. Don't know why I remember this, just thought it was a funny memory when I saw this thread.

all that nonsense with Sean Shannon changing the site to an article about rape happened...and I think the site was called Rantsylvania then...so I think it was 1999.

Oh man, the rape thing. I used to love Rantsylvania, and then one day that rape article popped up, and I was weirded out and bummed. And then months later I found The Smarks. Rejoice!

So apparently I've been here much longer than I thought. 1999 = 13 years old. Oh man.

I think it was when all the WDI originals got banned (Witty Banter, can't remember who). Being a 16 year old dumbass then I tried to make by self look cool and "in" by reguritating the SK=Hitler stuff. And you let me have it, big time. Dont remember what was said, but it was like really long. Wish the blue board was still around, so I can see it. Don't know why I remember this, just thought it was a funny memory when I saw this thread.

Well, my apologies if I said anything stupid. Like Bob said, I must have gone off on everybody at some point or another back then. Now I mostly just lurk. Typing takes a lot of effort.

You claimed to outright not remember me once. Me (Milky... IDrinkRatsMilk). That was the worst flame.

I'm the hero of this forum. There's a fucking published book about me!

My info here says April 22, 2002, but I know I was posting just before or right after 9/11 as well, so I think this is actually a second account for me - also my third username (mach7 and vivisectvi before this).

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. This is the only forum/messageboard that I've stuck around to post at for longer than 6 months or so. I can't remember how I found the place, though. For some reason I think CRZ had something to do with it..

My info here says April 22, 2002, but I know I was posting just before or right after 9/11 as well, so I think this is actually a second account for me - also my third username (mach7 and vivisectvi before this).

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. This is the only forum/messageboard that I've stuck around to post at for longer than 6 months or so. I can't remember how I found the place, though. For some reason I think CRZ had something to do with it..

You were mach7? Didn't a lot of people hate you back then?

At the first forum I joined in 2000, the staff and most of the other posters moved to a different forum along with me after 6 months. That forum only lasted 7 months (around the Invasion angle) because the mod said he was going to college and wouldn't have time to run the board anymore.