TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA Impact spoilers for 8/28

IMPACT:

- Awesome Kong defeated Josie. ODB attacked Kong after the match and they brawled until refs separated them.

- Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal defeated Petey Williams and Sheik Abdul Bashir. There was miscommunication between Petey Williams and Sheik Abdul Bashir, they argued after the match.

- Curry Man defeated Jimmy Rave. After the match The Rock and Rave Infection beat down Curry Man until the Prince Justice Brotherhood made the save.

- In a Four Ways to Glory Qualifying Match, Kurt Angle defeated Kevin Nash. Joe and Nash had words during the match, which led to Nash losing. They argued after the match and Nash walked out.

- The Beautiful People defeated Roxxi and Taylor Wilde. Velvet Sky used the can of hair spray, which blinded Roxxi and allowed the beautiful People to win. After the match, Kip James paper bagged Roxxi and threatened to cut Wilde's hair until Rhino made the save.

- Sting came to the ring and cut a promo to explain his actions. He explained that the young stars don't have respect, so he is going to show them what respect is. He got involved in Joe's match with Booker because Joe simply could have defeated Booker, but he took it too far and then he disrespected a legend when he flipped Sting off. Sting said he used to see Joe as the future of TNA, but not when he does things like that. Sting says Ric Flair showed him respect when he was young, and then calls out any only the youngsters that have a problem with him. AJ Styles then came to the ring, and Sting says Styles disrespected him by calling him a coward and also says that he took his match with Kurt Angle too far. AJ explains that he helped build TNA since day one, and Sting then offers AJ his bat and turns his back on AJ. AJ takes the bat, turns Sting around to face him but Sting counters with the scorpion death drop. Jeff Jarrett's music then played as the segment ends.

-Beer Money defeated Shark Boy and Super Eric. LAX attacked after the match, Homicide is now wearing an eye patch to sell the injury.

- Team 3D and Johnny Devine called out Abyss for being soft. This led to Abyss coming to the ring, them attacking him and Matt Morgan making the save.

-ODB defeated Riesha Saeed. ODB pulled off Saeed's mask backstage and held it up to the crowd, but Kong attacked her and laid her out.

-Kevin Nash cuts a promo and explains to Joe that he isn't ready for his PPV match. He books him in a match with Johnny Devine and Lance Rock, who Joe defeats quickly. Nash then announces Joe's third opponent, TOMKO. Joe eventually defeats him.

-www.411wrestling.com

The results I read on gerweck.net said that Tomko beat Joe with help from Nash. That being said, TOMKO IS BACK! I love it! Maybe Gail leaving is a swerve as well? Probably not, but that is my mark out moment of the week.

I guess WWE didn't have the interest in Tomko that some assumed? I do think TNA really missed the boat on him though and it would be nice to see him back in TNA with a fresh start.

Supposedly Tomko was most interested in working Japan, and the one big Inoki show he was booked for apparently got cancelled.

- The Beautiful People defeated Roxxi and Taylor Wilde. Velvet Sky used the can of hair spray, which blinded Roxxi and allowed the beautiful People to win. After the match, Kip James paper bagged Roxxi and threatened to cut Wilde's hair until Rhino made the save.

So, to everyone here who insisted that Roxxi getting her head shaved was just a step into making her one of the top women in the division and she'd get massive revenge on the Beautiful People and all that bullshit: can you now admit that I was right in the first place and that they've completely thrown Roxxi under the bus? The woman who beat Roxxi in the hair match has left the company, the BP are feuding with a chick who literally jumped out of the crowd, and Roxxi has lost every match she's had in recent memory.

You're never going to let that go are you?

Lest we forget she wanted to cut her hair anyway.

With Gail leaving, its possible they might give Roxxi a push here........granted, I'll admit they havent done a whole hell of a lot in the past month or two, but I'm still hoping they have something in mind for her.....a feud with Kong would work great. Or maybe a heel turn to feud with Taylor?

So said TNA's leaked press release to their lapdogs, anyway. What else, you believe CM Punk never does drugs because he says he never does drugs? Come on, this is rassling. TNA decided they wanted to shave a chick's head, and they only put out that tidbit afterwards to cover their asses. "Oh, she was going to voluntarily make herself bald anyway." Bull-sheeyit. I do hope they eventually do something for real with Roxxi, but their track record is a big fat zero in that respect from the hair match on forward.

So said TNA's leaked press release to their lapdogs, anyway. What else, you believe CM Punk never does drugs because he says he never does drugs? Come on, this is rassling. TNA decided they wanted to shave a chick's head, and they only put out that tidbit afterwards to cover their asses. "Oh, she was going to voluntarily make herself bald anyway." Bull-sheeyit. I do hope they eventually do something for real with Roxxi, but their track record is a big fat zero in that respect from the hair match on forward.

I dont buy your argument just because I didnt see a huge mass amount of fans all up in arms after she got her head shaved, meaning there wasnt really any sort of backlash from it. Hell, in fact the crowd cheered the shit out of her immediately after the head shaving. Now if there was a "bullshit" or "fire Russo" chant as the shaving went on or something, I could see the company lieing and leaking that it was her idea, but, ya know, its not out of the realm of possibility that she wanted to stand out against the grain of the rest of the ladies and request the move.

Well consider me wrong then, I didnt recall that occuring, but if its referenced in a few spots, so be it.

The "Fire Russo" chant at that show was probably the most notable example of it. And Jingus, I agree with you completely on Roxxi not doing shit after the head-shaving, since when I saw that happen on PPV, it didn't make me sympathize with her, or really even hate the beautiful people, but instead, it just made me uncomfortable, and the entire angle was pointless and had no reason happening. I knew Roxxi wouldn't get pushed because bald chicks in wrestling NEVER get pushed, because fans don't like seeing women bald. When Molly got her head shaved in 2004, it killed her career. Of course, both these angles had bad timing, as there was a big "Fire Russo" chant during one, that killed any possibility of the angle going over, and the other followed one of the biggest disasters ever in wrestling, with the Goldberg/Lesnar match.

That was fucking hilarious. Loved it.

I definitly second that. If this leads to an Abyss courtship of Karen Angle I'll watch the show just for that. :lol:

I'm glad others are noticing the awesomeness of Karen's Angle, especially the Abyss segment this week. That segment has rocked though since the first one. Every week there's been something nuts on it, from Kaz asking for his release to the Beautiful People nearly coming to blows with Karen, to Frank Trigg calling her a whore, Black Machismo attacking Sonjay Dutt. I have zero clue if Abyss is a heel or face right now, like about 90% of the promotion not named Curry Man, Shark Boy, or Super Eric.

I didn't watch the show, but I saw the Kong match, cuz I always do enjoy Kong killin' a bitch. It also made me wonder about something. When Kong and Sayyeeeaid were beating the fuck out of the jobber after the match, none of the TNA officials tried to stop them. No referees, no security, nothing. Apparently they didn't give a shit if she lived or died. But then when ODB runs in to make the save... a flood of people comes into the ring in order to stop a fair fight?! How does that make the tiniest little bit of sense? It's especially annoying since it's a double-tease which led to nothing. Kong and the terrorist threaten to murder the other chick with chairs, crowd boos. ODB makes the save, crowd cheers. Security quickly makes sure that we can't have no fighting on this here wrestling show, crowd boos again. Even by wrestling standards, this was insulting our intelligence.

Where were the last 4 segments on the spoilers tonight?

They'll be on next week. TNA taped 3 weeks of television in 2 days, as they sometimes do.

Not specifically, but it's weird the number of people who will INSIST that he couldn't possibly have ever done a single drug in his life because, uh, because he told us so. Since we all know that people involved in wrestling have so much credibility when it comes to not lying about stuff.