TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

Mr. Kennedy injured once again

Of course they will. Despite his tendency to hurt himself on a consistent basis or stick his foot in his mouth, they like the guy. If being injury-prone was cause for being released, some top guys wouldn't be around. Kennedy isn't a top guy but they see him (or once did) as someone that can become that guy.

Of course they will. Despite his tendency to hurt himself on a consistent basis or stick his foot in his mouth, they like the guy. If being injury-prone was cause for being released, some top guys wouldn't be around. Kennedy isn't a top guy but they see him (or once did) as someone that can become that guy.

Which top guys are as injury-prone as Kennedy? Rey is the only one I can think of.

Which top guys are as injury-prone as Kennedy? Rey is the only one I can think of.

Edge would be the best example. Batista also has a poor record with injuries. Shawn and 'Taker are quite often so banged up, they have to write them out almost on an annual basis.

Edge would be the best example. Batista also has a poor record with injuries. Shawn and 'Taker are quite often so banged up, they have to write them out almost on an annual basis.

I don't think any of them are as injury prone as Kennedy. Edge would be the closest. When you look at Taker and Shawn, they have taken off maybe 5 months total apiece in the past 3 years.

I have heard that Kennedy's contract is up at some point during this layoff. I wonder if WWE will bother to renew his deal given how injury prone he is?

WWE's policy is to add the time missed to the contract.

I have heard that Kennedy's contract is up at some point during this layoff. I wonder if WWE will bother to renew his deal given how injury prone he is?

WWE's policy is to add the time missed to the contract.

That explains why Undertaker has been around for so long.

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere yet, so don't call me Enigma or anything but:

Ahmed Kennedy!

He has to come back and injure everyone in site to be called Ahmed Kennedy.

This is why Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin are in the Scramble Match... Because both Kennedy, and Umaga are injured.

The difference with these other guys like Taker, Shawn, Edge, Rey, and Batista, is that they are actually over with the fans to keep getting pushed after being injured all the time, but I don't think Kennedy has any connection with casual fans, so therefore they wouldn't accept a main event push with him at this point.

No, the difference is, Taker and Michaels have been wrestling some 15/20 years by this point. Rey, over 10 years. Edge close to 10. So you can kinda understand and legislate for some of their injuries just being from wear and tear. The longer you compete for and the older you get, the more injury-prone you're going to be, that's just natural. Especially if you work a style like those four guys.

Kennedy's in a totally different situation. He's been wrestling 4/5 years and doesn't work a high-risk style. And yet he seems to fall apart at the seams twice, three times a year. The reason he's 'not over with casual fans', if that's even true, is because everytime he gets close he gets injured. All the guys listed above had runs far longer without injury than Kennedy ever has to get into that position in the first place. Kennedy just can't seem to stay healthy long enough to do the same.

Actually, Rey has been wrestling for nearly twenty years. Taker/Michaels for nearly twenty-five, and Edge has been wrestling for over fifteen years.

Typing that sentence made me feel really old, for some reason.

Edge has also been wrestling for well over ten years.

EDIT: Heh, Mellow edited his post to include that as I was posting mine! :P

Edge has also been wrestling for well over ten years.

EDIT: Heh, Mellow edited his post to include that as I was posting mine! :P

Sorry. I still can't believe how long some of these guys have been in the business. And Edge/Rey are still pretty young too.

Well, even if Kennedy isn't or is over with casual fans probably doesn't matter, because if the JBL push in 2004 didn't kill Smackdown's business, I don't know what would. Hell, ratings probably wouldn't slip even with THE Brian Kendrick with the world title!

Actually, Rey has been wrestling for nearly twenty years. Taker/Michaels for nearly twenty-five, and Edge has been wrestling for over fifteen years.

Typing that sentence made me feel really old, for some reason.

Reading it and realising how far I was out made me feel pretty old too. So, thanks.

Sometimes I hear "The Brian Kendrick" as "B. Brian Kendrick", like B. Brian Blair, which I often thought was "Bee Brian Blair". Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I thought the same thing. I expect Iron Sheik to cut a promo on Kendrick in his next shoot interview.