TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

House Season 5

With the release of the Season 4 dvd (which I just picked up), and the new season coming up, I figured we could start our discussion of one of the best shows on TV. So any thoughts, predictions, etc. I'll refrain until I watch the dvds as I missed most of the post -strike episodes.

It's either going to be a great season, or the worst. There's really no middle road. After the ending of Season 4, this one needs to have some earth-shattering shit, or it's going to be a letdown.

I finished the dvds, and I gotta say that 2part finale threw me for a loop. Awesome storytelling with great insight into House, then a heartbreaking conclusion and a radically new dynamic between House and Wilson. Where do they go from here? Maybe House finally hooks up with Cuddy, but that would mean the end of the show. I predict the original team gets back together by season's endof the original team gets back together, then kill off someone, I'll just got the original team gets back together, then , then they kill off someone, again, I'll just guess Chase.

An excellent episode, I thought.

House/Wilson (this episode plus a touch of the preview for next week, consider yourself pre-spoiler warned):

Ice cold ending. "We're not friends, House. I don't know if we ever were. *walks out*". That said, I think the preview for next week's episode looked really fucking retarded; I mean it was one thing to have House walk out on a patient to try to guilt Wilson into staying, but to have him go to wherever Wilson ended up AND hire a PI to bug his new house?

Has to work tonight. My office hasn't had cable since Gustav. We have had the TV on the last few days so we'd know when we got service.

2 minutes left into the episode the TV comes on so I freaked and changed the channel not to spoil it.

It WILL be online soon right?

Great one liners by House and a great case. The stuff with Wilson was gold... especially the ending.

So good to have House back.

I'm so pissed. My recording cut off right as Wilson and House were having the ending discussion. I'll remember to record House with an extra 5 minutes tacked on to the end from now on.

Doesn't USA usually show the latest episode the Friday after they air?

Like others have said, good opener. I'm starting to like the new team, if only for Kal Penn and 13.

I agree with you all. That was a great opener that drew you back in and got you pumped for this season. The House-Wilson intervention was awesome and House's line to Cameron was great (Paraphrasing) CAM-So you want me to sleep with him (Wilson) House- No I already got the Bi-Sexual girl (13) on it, but you can sit in if you like"

Bring on episode 2.

I felt that House was uncharacteristically mean towards the beginning of the episode, before Cuddy made him start dealing with his feelings about Wilson. And, to be fair, it didn't seem like Wilson was all that torn up about his girlfriend being dead. It wasn't until their confrontation in his office where he finally started to show some feelings. That ending had me going, "Holy shit."

I like the PI too. The scene when House makes a call and you see someone tinkering with the IV and him calling out, "She's coding!" and walking out while the camera pans down to his argyle socks and boat shoes was a great little touch, since now House has someone who will do all his dirty business no questions asked.

Does anyone seeing this ending in some sort of lawsuit by the PI when House's bill gets astronomical and all of House's naughty acts are aired out in public? I might just be watching too many Judge shows in the afternoon though.

A friend of mine told me the PI storyline was brought in to plug a new Fox show with Weston. Any truth to that?

Yeah, they are considering a spin-off based on his PI character. David Shore wanted a spin-off of House but didn't want it to be another medical show so this was the idea.

What happened at the very end? My DVR cut off right after House found out that it wasn't his father afterall.

Wilson said he'd come back to work for the hospital.

What happened at the very end? My DVR cut off right after House found out that it wasn't his father afterall.

Wilson said he'd come back to work for the hospital.

Which is awesome because having the two of them apart sucks.