TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Actors/Actress Draft!

stanley-kubrick-self-portrait.jpg

Stanley Kubrick

I hope you die in your sleep.

/trots over to his Kubrick box set with arms flailing and tears forming in his eyes

I hope you die in your sleep.

/trots over to his Kubrick box set with arms flailing and tears forming in his eyes

Sorry!

But I think you guys are suckas for not taking your directors right out of the gate. The pool is much smaller. But I do think the directors/actors ratio makes this one of the more interesting drafts to come up long after I thought the concept was dead (proved me wrong!).

But I think you guys are suckas for not taking your directors right out of the gate. The pool is much smaller. But I do think the directors/actors ratio makes this one of the more interesting drafts to come up long after I thought the concept was dead (proved me wrong!).

It is smaller, but you only need five. I think that may end up being easier than getting 30 great actors. Speilberg & Kubrick were always going to be first rounders. I knew when I made my pick that they wouldn't be available to me later.

It says I can, pick 5 directors, but do I have to? Can I take 35 actors if I want? Or say 34 actors, and 1 director?

No. You have to select 5 directors, or else it will derail the draft and people will start doing whatever they want.

I really don't know much about directors, but I guess I should pick one (or in this case, two..if it's legit) now before every one I've heard of is gone. I'm very much a comedy guy, and even though these guys have had a few big flops, they directed two of my favorite comedies (Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary). I choose

281x211.jpg

The Farrelly Brothers

Hmmm this brings up an interesting debate, I think that if you draft an actor/director it should count as both since many directors cast themselves in movies.

Look for example my director, Spike Lee... Some of his best movies had him in one of the lead roles or supporting roles.

But really it's up to everyone else, what do you guys want to do about this?

I think we should stick to either director or actor just not to clutter up the draft and mess up who has picks left and whatnot.