TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Actors/Actress Draft!

I'll give the directors a rest and pick my favorite actress still available.

tn2_monica_bellucci_3.jpg

Monica Bellucci. She's good in cheesy action stuff like Shoot 'Em Up, and in serious artsy stuff like Irreversible.

Fuck Julia Roberts, I would never pick that stupid cunt...

forrest_whitaker_med.jpg

Forrest Whitaker

I won't have enough time today or tomorrow to update the front page, so I'll do it on Saturday morning... If you all can get a mod to do it for me, I won't mind. Just feel I'd let yall know.

Might be different if we weren't doing the make a movie thing, but I've got a role in mind, and he'd be perfect for it. Helps he's not a bad actor either.

Laurence-Fishburne---Biker-Boyz-Photograph-C10103235.jpeg

Laurence Fishburne

... shit, right. Hi guys, how's it going.

sidney_112420070321.jpg

Sidney Lumet

Directed some of my favorite movies of all time (12 Angry Men, Network) and I want one awesome American director of drama/crime stuff before it's too late.

Aaaaand...

KevinSmith.jpg

Kevin Smith

He's got flaws, but he's never made a movie I outright disliked (though Jersey Girl I was just barely above indifferent on, which is still probably better than most felt about it), and I'd like to get someone who can do comedy before I probably focus on actors for my next two picks.

I've never really had a problem with Smith as a director, though yeah, I didn't really consider the writer/director distinction (which was why I'm ultimately passing on Michel Gondry, who was another one I considered; his best film was more because of Charlie Kaufman, who isn't worth drafting because the only film he's ever directed hasn't even come out yet).

-- shit, I had another round? Man, I really shouldn't have joined a draft just prior to school getting back in. Er uh anyway...

truman_narrowweb__300x4600.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Incredibly versatile, just as good at comedic roles as he is dramatic, and has worked with Lumet before.

natalie-portman-skull-tshir.jpg

Natalie Portman

A talented actress with a fairly diverse filmography who, Star Wars prequels aside, I tend to enjoy in everything she does.

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Incredibly versatile, just as good at comedic roles as he is dramatic, and has worked with Lumet before.

Great selection, he was going to be one of my next picks on my newly reordered draft list!

For my next selection, I shall acquire the services of...

Peter Sellers

chance.jpg

I am in need of a performer with the unique sense of humor and unrivaled comic timing that this man brings to the table. I seriously consider him to be a steal this early on.