TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - August 29, 2008

WWE.com SmackDown preview:

In less than two weeks, WWE Champion Triple H defends his title in an unprecedented five-man WWE Championship Scramble Match at Unforgiven. But first, The King of Kings will take on one of his Scramble opponents – United States Champion Shelton Benjamin – on SmackDown in a non-title Champion vs. Champion bout. Can the Gold Standard send a message to Triple H, or will The Cerebral Assassin demonstrate why he is a 12-time World Champion? Undertaker has made it clear. He’s not interested in forgiving SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero or members of “The Family.” Last week, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder felt The Deadman’s wrath. Who is next?

At SummerSlam, a fired-up Montel Vontavious Porter overcame the high-flying Jeff Hardy in a hard fought bout, thanks in part to the involvement of United States Champion Shelton Benjamin. But on SmackDown, Hardy gets a second chance at MVP in a SummerSlam rematch. Will The Legend Thriller get some payback against SmackDown’s Franchise Playa?

Last week on SmackDown, an angry Big Show expressed his displeasure at not being considered for a WWE Championship Scramble qualifying match by clearing house in the 10-Man Battle Royal. What will The World’s Largest Athlete do this week?

Stay tuned to SmackDown on The CW Network at 8/7 CT as all of SmackDown’s Superstars get ready for battle at Unforgiven.

I'm going to try something different though I don't imagine it will have a huge effect on things. For whatever reason, a lot of small things annoy me that really shouldn't annoy people at all - one of them is when I click on the WWE folder on, say, a Saturday afternoon and the SmackDown Spoiler thread has a new post. What the hell, the show already aired! Of course, this is often because some sort of conversation was going on in there that was continued, so here's the deal: At some point on Saturday, I'll be merging the two threads to form the SmackDown discussion thread. Like I said, I expect this change to have minimal ramifications on anything since SD! is often not a hot button topic, but it's an experiment of sorts.

Man, I personally think this gimmick sucks for Killings. Especially considering he's a former NWA champion (TNA or not) and has been on this "positive" path...for years. Pretty horrible crowd reaction as well.

Loving Kenny Dykstra though, lol. :lol:

I love that he's officially "The Brian Kendrick" now, according to that Unforgiven promo. Has his own warehouse video and everything.

Maria is pretty much a non-factor and is only the second diva babyface on SD, but I actually sort of enjoy this Team Canada: Women's Version. Nattie carries the workload and is the powerhouse and Maryse is good in her role as the arrogant french supermodel who goes for the cheap shots.

According to the WON update today (and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else), McMahon got pretty pissed about Killings' debut match, feeling he sold too much for Dykstra.

As someone who personally knows and trained with Hawkins and Ryder and enjoys seeing the success they have right now, how much longer can they get away with not wrestling and always getting squashed?

It's obvious, they aren't ready for this spot.

As someone who personally knows and trained with Hawkins and Ryder and enjoys seeing the success they have right now, how much longer can they get away with not wrestling and always getting squashed?

Remember that Cabana and Steele were meant for that spot. I believe they would have made it work.

Is this one of the twins that's fighting Victoria here?

If so...how come only one is being shown at the moment?

The other one is hanging out with Austin Idol.

Remember that Cabana and Steele were meant for that spot. I believe they would have made it work.

I don't remember hearing about that. I thought the whole point of Hawkins and Ryder joining Edge was so they look like him and could do the switch?

as much as I hated it at the time, I miss Steph being GM of Smackdown. This Vickie shit is dumb and what's going to be the payoff? Edge saving her?

"When was that, Zeke?"

"Sixth Century, B.C."

Awesome promo.

:lol:

What made it awesome was Zeke reading Cat In The Hat and looking puzzled at the pitcures.

I don't remember hearing about that. I thought the whole point of Hawkins and Ryder joining Edge was so they look like him and could do the switch?

This was back before Edge got hurt, not the time when Hawkins an Ryder sided with Edge. The deal was going to be Colt was the goof and Ace was no-nonsense. Supposedly it was ready to go but Edge went and got hurt...

Is this one of the twins that's fighting Victoria here?

If so...how come only one is being shown at the moment?

according to wikipedia, the other Bella twin was underneath the ring and switched with Brie..

It's painfully obvious to everyone but WWE that this Vickie crap has jumped the shark. No one cares about her or La Familia without Edge around to give it all some vestige of credibility. Here's what I don't get about it first and foremost: She already "fired" The Undertaker back in June. If he attacks her or threatens to do so, why not just fire him again? He kicked the ass of your unfaithful husband, so of what further use is he? Vickie should just fire UT again in storyline, but that would make actual sense.

I'm glad someone posted that bit about Vince and Ron Killings. I've felt for a while now that SD's actual in match booking was boring as hell with all the heel dominated matches. The Truth needed a quick, easy, and decisive debut win and it was edited as such.

Regarding that plan I had to merge the spoiler and real show threads, I realize I can't start that this week due to ECW spoilers for this coming Tuesday existing in the spoiler thread. It's a minor plan anyway.