TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK ONE

Because he has a rare distinction for starting for Chicago right out of the gate, like Payton did. I think that's where the comparison really ends. Well that and Forte seems to already want to be as good a blocker as a runner or receiver, which was a Payton trademark.

And am I sad that we got rid of Michael Turner... I always said that with Rivers at QB... the top offensive options should have been LT/Gates/Turner. I'm glad to see him have a great game elsewhere, and hope he has a great season and career.

Guest Vitamin X
San Diego... will rebound. There are too many talented players on those teams to underacheive significantly.

340x.jpg

Oh fuck... the media is comparing Forte's debut with Sweetness and Sayer's debut. I know he looked great, but are they really going to compare him to Hall of Fame backs after one game?

Hi, welcome to 21st-century media.

Because he has a rare distinction for starting for Chicago right out of the gate, like Payton did. I think that's where the comparison really ends. Well that and Forte seems to already want to be as good a blocker as a runner or receiver, which was a Payton trademark.

The main talking point though, is the fact that he had a better game than both of them... COMBINED.

San Diego... will rebound. There are too many talented players on those teams to underacheive significantly.

340x.jpg

That's true except that time when his Chargers started the year 1-3 and eventually went on a 8 game winning streak. You know, umm what year was it? Oh right, last year. The Norv Turner cracks need to die down, and quickly. The Chargers are not a team he's gonna fuck up with. Hell he didn't fuck up in Washington either when they had a decent season, before Daniel Snyder decided to screw with the formula.

As for Forte/Payton+Sayers, I'm not going to pay a single piece of attention to any of that. I'm happy enough he showed that for one week at least, the Bears does have a viable running game.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Ok! Time to see if anyone else in the NFC North is looking promising.

Bears played out of their minds, Lions looked like garbage.

Predictions?

Guest Vitamin X

PackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPackPack.

Nice touch, ESPN. Right after they cut from Aaron Rodgers, asking "This is the man in the crosshairs, tonight. Can he measure up?" they go to the Brett Favre Wrangler jeans commercial, and then go right back to the game.

Metallica's "The Day That Never Comes" is the song for MNF? Great, yet surprising choice. They went with Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" for at least the playoffs last year. Somebody has good taste.

*waits for music folder guys to rip me for my preferences*

My prediction: Packers 24, Vikings 17.

Oof, that was painful

The game? No, Jared Allen's awful nicknames and delivery thereof

also, ripping Matt for his musical preferences

Oof, that was painful

The game? No, Jared Allen's awful nicknames and delivery thereof

also, ripping Matt for his musical preferences

What was with the cowboy hat on that guy anyway?

Have any of those player-delivered introductions ever been anything less than completely irritating? I'm having a hard time remembering any of them being even palatable.

Guest Vitamin X

He must be a FUCKIN REDNECK.

Also, Mike Tirico's intro of Aaron Rodgers playing his first series as a starter for GB being akin to Sarah Palin's acceptance speech was fucking bizarre.

Have any of those player-delivered introductions ever been anything less than completely irritating? I'm having a hard time remembering any of them being even palatable.

I remember Czech doing a good rip on that way back when they first started doing this (instead of the classic "Joe Schmoe - Fuckhead State" intro), but I can't remember any keywords from it to try and hunt it down on the search engine

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If the NFL recognizes that a guy's name is Atari, I don't see how "Ocho Cinco" is somehow verboten.

Guest Vitamin X

But it's Bigby that's on the jersey, not Atari.

I think the whole C.Johnson shit is stupid. Let the dude be Ocho Cinco.

5 penalties, 48 yards so far

I think maybe the team thinks that if they go back far enough, they'll eventually turn back time like Superman and Brett will be back with the team. 1st and 33? Come on!