TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

what is the secret

I think if we all agree to do a book club thing where we all get one book a month and discuss at certain checkpoints, then it should work out fairly well as long as those willing to participate put the fucking time into it.

If y'all would've just stuck the posters were being unruly or terrible in the Gulag, instead of what the 4 who ended up spending any time there, it could've provided the entertainment expected.

In other words- good plan, terrible execution

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I don't see why we don't make comics a Lit folder and do the book stuff in there.

I like the media folder idea and I'd probably share stuff from my huge wrestling collection on an irregular basis but how many people would actually share stuff?

Do a full out lit folder, but I agree with Agent, no CWDWAT.

Hell, every one of those CWDWAT threads on the board could get the boot in my opinion. They kill traffic.

Or another idea would be an auto's section, move that CE thread on gas prices in there and see what comes from it.

Comics isn't exactly booming. There's no reason Literature couldn't work there.

I'm leaning toward media, but like CWM said, there's no guarantee more than a few would share.

It should be a folder where only selected, elite members can post. Then everyone can bitch and whine and wonder what;s going on in older 108 and clamer to get in.

Guest דניא&#15
It should be a folder where only selected, elite members can post. Then everyone can bitch and whine and wonder what;s going on in older 108 and clamer to get in.

:)

I don't see why we don't make comics a Lit folder and do the book stuff in there.

You'll never get the stink out.

I'm torn between Book Club and Media Dumping. Maybe we can have both. forum109?

Book club would be good, as I'm totally stumped on what to read. I looked at my bookshelf and its full of Star Wars books, Robert Rankin books and the obligatory cliché titles. I'm against media sharing, as you'll just encourage random leechers from the interweb to join up and take the content and never contribute.

Guest Brady's Torn ACL

The Media Dumping Ground would be in the NSFW department, so Google can't access it, nor could guests or larvae. That's what we're going with for now. Book Club may be an addition to TSM if we can ascertain sufficient interest.

Book Club may be an addition to TSM if we can ascertain sufficient interest.

Can't Book Club just co-opt the existing Comics folder? Just move the recommendations and DFW threads there and we've doubled that forum's content in seconds. Do we really need to continue the dialogue regarding a potential lit folder when comics still roams free?

Am I the only one who realizes the Comics folder used to BE a Literature folder?

Which was filled with nothing but discussion about comic books. In fact, genuine literature discussion was so sparse and unexpected that Czech had to create his 'Book Recommendations' thread in General Chat to avoid the all too likely scenario of nobody who noticed it caring about literature in the slightest.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

but now there is interest and if we make it clear that book discussion is welcome there more people should post.

I'll chip in too, but it was five years ago now.

Due to a lack of interest (or concern, perhaps), I was forced to relegate the TSM Recovering Alcoholics Support Group to a thread in Graphics Testing. But, please, come and share any well-wishes or advice with us there. I'm drunk right now and I don't feel very good about myself.

:-(