TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

The Shield

I think John's story should be done and over with, but I'd love to see Antwon back. Anthony Anderson was emmy worthy that season

I'm not saying make Kavanaugh a big part of a storyline, just a quick cameo... Maybe have that FBI bitch go to the prison Kavanaugh is at digging dirt on Vic.

But yeah I want to see Antwon more so then Kavanaugh. Both Whitaker and Anderson deveresed Emmy's for their roles.

Army would be another cool cameo, but then I think I'll be asking for too much.

Oh and I heard...

Kleavon Gardner, the serial killer Claudette was doing her best to take down over the last few seasons until finally doing it last season makes his return

I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Clark, but we saw him last season and got closure on his character... So not seeing him, I wouldn't mind.

I never liked Rawlings, so I hope I don't have to see her.

I like Rawlings a lot. I find season 4 to be quite underrated.

I really liked Season 4, but Rawlings was just kinda there and didn't really contribute, in my opinion.

I like Rawlings a lot. I find season 4 to be quite underrated.

I really liked Season 4, but Rawlings was just kinda there and didn't really contribute, in my opinion.

Don't wanna hate on Glenn Close, but yeah, she didn't add anything for me.

I too enjoyed Glenn Close's presence on the show.

That's why I disliked the character... I didn't see Cpt. Rawlings when I was watching the show, I saw Glenn Close. I was hyped hearing that she was going to be apart of the show and was dissapointed. Her character was just kinda there, and they could've had anyone else play her part and it problay would be the same result. When I found out Anthony Anderson was going to be on the show, I thought what the fuck is that fat lame duck comedy actor is doing on this show... But man did he make my opinion on his acting ability turn a complete 180, he did an amazing job. Watching him, I didn't see that goofball actor from Kangaroo Jack, I saw Antwon Mitchell the leader of the one-niners, and drug kingpin.

Someone refresh my memory, did Billings do much as Captain?

Took a lot of early lunches, bought himself a LaZboy and instituted those vending machines that are still biting him in the ass. He was mainly comedic material. His character has really grown since then to the point that he's one of my favorite characters now.

This might seem crazy but I'd love to see a spin-off of Dutch and Billings. Regarding the finish of the show, I think Julien ends up as the one who brings Vic down.

Regarding the finish of the show, I think Julien ends up as the one who brings Vic down.

I have a feeling it's going to be Ronnie.

Regarding the finish of the show, I think Julien ends up as the one who brings Vic down.

I have a feeling it's going to be Ronnie.

I could see Julien doing it. Vic made him eat shit in season one with the gay card when Julien saw the Strike Team bagging drugs. I wouldn't mind that coming up again

If I had to guess at this point who kills Vic, I'd say Ronnie since he's already said that he's not going down for him or Shane. Cassidy just seems too obvious. However, I'm going to guess that Vic LIVES but loses his badge, Shane dies, and Ronnie continues to lead the Strike Team.

God, I just laughed out loud at the Cassidy thing this week. That subplot is spiraling further and further into the abyss of unintentional, Narm-tastic comedy, possibly the worst subplot The Shield has ever done (and the only reason I can't say that with 100% certainty is because I haven't watched the first four seasons in a couple of years).

I don't mind the Cassidy thing as long as it stays as a secondary subplot and she doesn't play into whatever happens to Vic. I was disappointed by the lack of Billings this week although the stuff with Cleavon was excellent and the Dutch storyline is very well done as it's basically all his previous screw ups coming full circle. The Cruz Pezuela angle is treading water but, seemingly, this'll change next week when the Vic/Shane thing will come to a head.

Did anyone else notice that Shane saved Vic's life when the chick shot through the door?

Man, they dug up Cleavon and the girl who always flirts with Aceveda (the girl who shot through the door). I'm curious to see who else might show up for cameos.

I'm really interested to see where the Dutch-teenager story goes. On one hand, it seems like he really might be a serial killer with Dutch, the profile guy, and Cleavon seeing something in him. On the other hand, I can totally see Dutch screwing up huge. The thing that leads me to believe he's probably a killer is that he hasn't finally just lashed out at Dutch yet for accusing him. He played it way too smart at the end of the episode by turning Dutch's house visit against him.

I really think Vic overplayed his hand refusing to sign the papers, and this will probably bite him in the end. Vic fails to realize that unlike Corrine, Danny has a spine and we'll go above and beyond to keep him away. The fact that she's now Claudette's # 1 will only make things worse for Vic. Its not just what he did, its how he did it. He grabbed Danny's arm like she was an errant child and arrogantly told her that he's going to do what he wants and she's just going to have to like it. He didn't bother trying to reason with Danny or turn on the charm, he just treated her like some criminal he wanted to get over on.

I don't know if Vic is a sociopath but I do agree he does treat his 'loved' ones like possessions, and he'll be happy to turn on them if they do anything to displease them. It's like Rawling said "If your not with Vic Mackey, you're against him" and that will probably lead to his downfall. I think Danny will help bring him down. He just made (another) huge mistake.

The irony of the situation with Vic and Danny, is that Danny's new position as Claudette's assistant COULD be of tremendous help to Vic, especially since she now knows about Claudette having lupus. God knows what Vic could do if he ever got ahold of that information as far as blackmailing Claudette but I doubt we will to see that hell unfold if Vic continues to treat Danny like crap.

I don't mind the Cassidy thing as long as it stays as a secondary subplot and she doesn't play into whatever happens to Vic. I was disappointed by the lack of Billings this week although the stuff with Cleavon was excellent and the Dutch storyline is very well done as it's basically all his previous screw ups coming full circle. The Cruz Pezuela angle is treading water but, seemingly, this'll change next week when the Vic/Shane thing will come to a head.

Did anyone else notice that Shane saved Vic's life when the chick shot through the door?

I was expecting Billings to look into the stuff with Cassidy since they showed him sitting near Vic and Corrine when they were talking about it.

Five episodes into the final season and Vic Mackey is fucked. Seriously, the show has done a great job showing Vic spiralling out of control as far as Vic over-reaching with the mother of all schemes to save his ass and Farmington, with no safety net or allies or relief from any sides.

I think the writers put it best when they showed Shane Vendrell having to act as the voice of reason towards Vic. When Shane is voice of reason, telling you that your crackpot scheme sucks and will blow up in your face, you know you are fucked.

Vic's various allies are turning against him/being shoved in a manner that will only serve to turn them against Vic. His treatment of Danny was appalling (though Danny herself isn't exactly blameless; then again, Danny has a history of being tactless when it comes to interacting with others and should have known that Vic would react negatively at being told, point blank, to sign away his parental rights to their child) and will probably serve to drive her away from Vic.

Ronnie is on the record as to telling Vic that he will sell Vic and Shane out in a heartbeat to save himself, and who's loyalty to Vic is hanging on the thin thread of trust that Vic will honor his pledge to avenge Lem via killing Shane.

And there is Acaveda, who in a suprise move that should suprised no one, has stripped Vic of possession of the blackmail box and as such, preventing Vic from ending the gang war even if he tried. Vic probably wishes he had kept copies of the rape photo, since his leverage over Acaveda is pretty much limited to playing to Acaveda's own screwed up sense of right and wrong.

The turning of Cassidy against her father is only the icing on the cake, given the extremes Vic has gone through to shield his family from his true nature. Yet it's also another example of Vic's short-sightedness, since going back to season one, Vic showed more concern for his autistic son (and later his youngest daughter) than he did for Cassidy. In taking care of his two special needs children, his non-special needs child has grown up bitter and resentful and surly, which is a recipe for hell for any parent, especially divorced parents who spend most of their time working/engaging in complex schemes that need constant attention less they blow up in their faces.

And that's not even touching the issue of

Tavon's impending return.

I have to think, given how apocalyptic things are progressing, that

Tavon will return with the reveal that he was faked his amnesia regarding not remembering Mara hitting him in the head with the iron/Shane picking a fight with him via making racist comments to him at the end of season three, in order to keep Vic from silencing him in order to protect Shane. Having him return and out for revenge could make for the one random variable that makes EVERYTHING crash down on Vic, Shane, and Ronnie as far as driving each man against each other in a mad dash to wipe out the other two in order to save themselves.