TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

The Shield

TAVON!!!!

I hope that wasn't the last we saw of Tavon, although it does seem like his story may be complete now.

The last fifteen minutes were crazy, especially the car ride with Vic, Ronnie, and Julian. Ronnie's insistence on carrying out the plan reinforces the prediction of him offing Vic and/or Shane. Not to mention the threats he received from Claudette in the beginning of the episode.

The ending was the most intense moment of the season. Yet another episode that confirms that Vic and Shane could never kill each other and that Ronnie wouldn't blink at killing either of them.

Not only that, but it sets up an even nastier possible scenerio to the mix of the downward spiral the three are trapped in: Vic and Shane killing Ronnie, because he knows too much and is the only obstacle standing in the way of Vic and Shane both kissing and making up and going on like nothing happened.

Which is probably why Ronnie pressed Vic to let the hit go down as planned. So long as Shane is up and running around, Ronnie is dead man walking, what with Shane treating Ronnie as acceptable collateral damage. And if Vic won't punish Shane for murdering Lem, then Ronnie knows that he probably won't bat an eye when Ronie is killed by Shane.

As for Shane at the very end, while it was a chilling moment and one that reminds us viewers that Shane isn't a complete fuck-up as far as his moments of insight and awareness. But it doesn't discount the fact that Shane is still Shane Vendrell, sentimental fuck-up who will fold the moment Vic pats him on the head and tells him "good boy".

The big irony is of course, that Shane was ready to leave town and never darken Vic and Ronnie's pressence again. Now not only is Shane still alive and around, he now has all of the motivation needed to destroy his former friends. Of course, the smarter thing would be to just continue with the "leave town" scenerio and use the blood money he stole to get him and Mara as far away as humanly possible from Vic and pray that the fall-out from Vic's self-destruction doesn't reach him wherever he and Mara end up at.

So I just saw a commercial on FX that had clips of an interview with Michael Chiklis. The interesting part is that he says (paraphrased) "A lot of people think the only ending is Vic dying or going to jail... I promise you that the ending will be something that no one is expecting." Hmm.

Vic's clearly slipping. He's gone soft, or is there something more sinister around the bend for Shane. I've been trying to wrap my mind around why Vic would try to call off the hit on Shane and tip him off. There has to be something there that I'm missing.

Either way, this has been a tremendous season so far. It has all the feel of what a final season should be, shame that it will be ending by the end of November.

Vic's clearly slipping. He's gone soft, or is there something more sinister around the bend for Shane. I've been trying to wrap my mind around why Vic would try to call off the hit on Shane and tip him off. There has to be something there that I'm missing.

One word explains it all: sentimentality. After Shane made his big speach to Vic about being willing to transfer out of Farmington in the event that Vic and Ronnie still didn't want to be around him anymore, it softened Vic's harden heart enough to cause him to want to spare Shane's life.

I really preferred never to see that hooker again. Unless I'm forgetting someone, I always thought she was one of the most annoying characters in the show.

And hey, it's the guy that made Jamaican drug dealers drink piss! On the subject of security businesses, when's Smitty going to show up?

Holy shit

Shane's gonna try to get Ronnie killed.

I don't think it warrants a spoiler tag since it was spelled out to anyone who payed attention to tonight's episode.

This season has been ridiculously awesome in bringing everything together. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Regarding next week's preview, just in case.

Kind of takes away from the suspense of whether Ronnie lives, eh?

Shane is pretty damn smart.

Actually, he's fucking dumb. The smart guy thing to do would be to get as far away from Vic as humanly possible, not to mention not put a hit out on Vic's one remaining ally/friend, especially one who has enough dirt to bury both Vic and Shane without even bringing up who killed Terry and who killed Lem.

Damn, Claudette has it in for Vic

Hell have no fury like a woman with a grudge. Had Vic not gotten into a pissing match with Claudette over Armadillo back in season two, she and Vic would never of crossed swords and Claudette would have allowed Vic to run rampant all over Farmington without a second thought.

Regarding next week's preview, just in case.

Kind of takes away from the suspense of whether Ronnie lives, eh?

Thankfully, I missed the preview. Now I'm excited to see which way it goes.

Great episode last night and it was great to see Shane finally make a pro-active move against Vic and Ronnie. Nice seeing Joe Clark thug buddy too, was kinda hoping Joe would show up but alas...

FYI: the "season seven weekly episode recaplet" for this week's episode accidentally got posted in the main FX website prior to it's airing. While it's now down, it's made it's way onto Youtube, spoiling the episode's big shocks:

*Ronnie survives the attempt on his life

*The reveal that Shane had the guy try and kill Ronnie so that Shane could personally murder Vic.

*Shane being exposed by Dutch and Billings and having to run the 500 mile dash out of the Barn in the seconds he has to get the hell out of the precinct before Vic hears the news

*Corrine handing Vic his ass as far as banning him from seeing his kids after she finds out his crimes

*Vic turning in his badge and resigning from the LAPD so he can hunt down Shane outside the system......

FYI: the "season seven weekly episode recaplet" for this week's episode accidentally got posted in the main FX website prior to it's airing. While it's now down, it's made it's way onto Youtube, spoiling the episode's big shocks:

*Ronnie survives the attempt on his life

*The reveal that Shane had the guy try and kill Ronnie so that Shane could personally murder Vic.

*Shane being exposed by Dutch and Billings and having to run the 500 mile dash out of the Barn in the seconds he has to get the hell out of the precinct before Vic hears the news

*Corrine handing Vic his ass as far as banning him from seeing his kids after she finds out his crimes

*Vic turning in his badge and resigning from the LAPD so he can hunt down Shane outside the system......

:ph34r:

This was the greatest episode of The Shield ever.

Yes, and we have 6 more to go. I didn't think I'd ever see a show put on a better episodes then Soprano's "Blue Comet" or The Wire's "Late Edition", but The Shield came close tonight.

HOLY SHIT is an understatement. There was just so much going on tonight, it was ridiculous. I suppose now that Vic doesn't have a badge, he won't be much use to Pezuela anymore, which will likely screw up the possibility of his new job.

In other subjects, I'm kind of surprised to see no mention of Danny's running away, but there obviously wasn't much room for it. And is Tina dead?

Wowwww.

To soften the blow a little bit, Vic should have told Corrine that Shane killed Lem. (if he hasn't told her already, I don't remember.)

And Vic is going to get the job as a fed.

Now that was a great episode. I really wanna see how the rest of the cast will figure into the final episodes.

I loved watching Shane run for his life as soon as he saw his guy on the verge of cracking under the interrogation. Vic is now completely out of Claudette's control, and it could lead to some interesting stuff. Even more than Shane, I want to see his cunt wife get hers over all this.

I don't completely hate Shane, but I'm cheering for Ronnie, who's against Shane, so... you know. At this point, the only thing I can see for Shane is him dying since obviously Vic and Ronnie won't want him going to jail. There's still so many directions they can go for the end, it's crazy.