TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

The Shield

The real final battle here is going to be Mackey vs. Claudette. Claudette seems more hell bent on bringing down Mackey than anyone in the series so far, I dare say even more so than Cavanagh (Forest Whitiker) from a couple seasons ago. I mean with her health the way it is she has no business being the police captain and I think she's only sticking around long enough to finally get Mackey because she knows she is the only one who can.

So, in the grand scheme of things, where would you rank Cruz Pensuala among Shield adversaries, so far? He started off strong but has mellowed out lately. I have him well below Kavanagh, slightly below Antwan and miles below, the best antagonist in Shield history, Armadillo.

I get the feeling they're going to really step it up with Pezuella pretty soon. Until then, I wouldn't be able compare him to anyone else. We haven't really seen his full potential outside of the blackmail box and that massacre, which had nothing to do with the main characters.

The whole sequence with Two-Man's interrogation and Shane's escape was amazing, and hilarious. What a great job of reminding the viewers--who've gotten more than used to all this crazy manipulation and scheming--what all this craziness can look like to people like Dutch and the rest of the Barn, who have no idea what the hell is going on.

I wasn't a big fan of this episode or really the last season and a half or so. I feel like I did watching "A Simple Plan" where it becomes clear that the writers hate the characters and set up deliberate situations to screw them over.

It's kind of silly that when both Corrinne and Ronnie were told that Vic killed Terry neither of them really cared at all. The whole show is based on that but apparently it's not actually important. I guess the idea is that people knew Vic was into some bad shit and so it doesn't come as a surprise, but that bad? Shooting another cop in the face? It's anticlamactic when the big reveal comes along and doesn't register.

I love Shane, he's always been my favorite character, and for the first time I hate both Vic and Ronnie. What the hell, *they* tried to kill Shane. I'm not sure where the writers want our sympathies to lie but if they are trying to get me to hate Vic it's working.

I don't see it ending well for Shane but I hope he ends up living on that goat farm.

Edit: Maybe I'm just worn out by how unrelenting and heavy the last few seasons have been.

HOLY SHIT is an understatement. There was just so much going on tonight, it was ridiculous. I suppose now that Vic doesn't have a badge, he won't be much use to Pezuela anymore, which will likely screw up the possibility of his new job.

In other subjects, I'm kind of surprised to see no mention of Danny's running away, but there obviously wasn't much room for it. And is Tina dead?

Vic now has control of the box again, so he'll be of some use to Pezuela if he wants the box back. As for Tina, I think she gets loaned out on promotional events for the LAPD so that might explain why at times she's not around. As for Dani, I wonder if something will happen where she lets Vic be able to see his son, especially if Corrine is ready to cut all ties from him as well as their children.

I don't know why, but I get this crazy feeling that somehow Vic will walk away almost scot-free when all is said and done. I definitely see Shane and his wife dead before it's all over, plus Claudette's obsession with bringing Vic down will lead to her being forced to step down for health reasons and Dutch takes over control of the Barn. As for Ronnie, don't know if he will side with Vic or somehow get thrown under the bus and take the heat for Vic.

I would say this last episode was possibly the best ever, at least I would put it in my top 3.

So, in the grand scheme of things, where would you rank Cruz Pensuala among Shield adversaries, so far? He started off strong but has mellowed out lately. I have him well below Kavanagh, slightly below Antwan and miles below, the best antagonist in Shield history, Armadillo.

Antwon was the best antagonist... His scene where he kills the little girl is still one of the creepiest and amazing scenes in Shield history. It was awesome when he said you Shane, "If I tell you to suck my dick, you say should I lick your balls to, daddy?". Kavanaugh was great to, but I never really considered him an antagonist.

Here's one odd thing that sticks out to me currently. Last week, or the week before, Corrine was literally begging Vic to not take the kids away from her because it was discovered that she had a slight drug problem. Now, this week she grows a huge set of balls and tells Vic she will help him this one last time, then he will never see her or his kids ever again. That's kind of a bitch thing to do no matter what Vic has done. It's because of the money he has made (mostly through less than legal means) that they are able to care for their special needs children, and now because Shane's bitch of a wife has come to Corrine acting all big and bad, she's telling Vic she will make sure he never sees his kids again after all is said and done. Fuck that. Corrine told Vic she has known all along that he killed Terry. and now she has a problem with him. I'll be the first to admit that Vic is a lying, cheating, asshole, and everything he's done is rightfully coming back to bite him in the ass, but he's shown he REALLY cares for his children above all else, and it's really just a bitch move to try to take his kids away from him now after everything else.

I'm interesed to see where they're going with the Danny storyline. Last week it was shown that she was trying to pack things up and get the hell out of dodge before Vic has a chance to challenge her for custody. That's really going to look good for her if Vic ends up taking her to family court, if it's proven she tried to take his son and skip town.

It's the leverage she needed. Shane and Mara confirming everything she suspected and putting her in that position was exactly what she needed to free herself from Vic. I think one of the things this season has tragically illuminated about Vic is that, while he professes tremendous love for his kids and rails on anyone who lets them down for a second, he's incapable of really caring for them properly (witness getting too rough with Cassidy, how obvious it is to someone like Dani that Vic can't be in her kid's life). He's a destructive, unstoppable force, even towards the things he thinks are important.

Interesting chain of people being trapped this season: Corrine by Vic, Shane by Vic/Ronnie and the Armenians, Vic by the Armenians and Pezuela, the ICE investigator by Pezuela, etc. Everyone's under someone's thumb and thrashing around to get free.

Jesus, that kid is going to fucking snap, and Dutch is the one who will drive him into doing so.

Jesus, that kid is going to fucking snap, and Dutch is the one who will drive him into doing so.

Bye, bye mommy.

None of the characters are going to be better off at the end of the last episode. I couldn't believe Shane got away at the hospital.

What the hell was the sense of Tavon coming back? Unless he manages to show up again and play into the Shane thing...what the hell.

I have a bad feeling that now that Vic's on the verge of making nice with his daughter she'll get caught in the crossfire

I too am growing frustrated with Julian. He's really nothing more than a "yes man" to Claudette, and shows no real signs of any backbone.

I'm impressed how week in and week out, this show turns Shane and Mara into even more of a couple of scumbags than they were the previous week. Though, I am concerned with what Corrine could be telling Dutch and Claudette in the preview for next week. I wonder if she is going to rat-out Vic over the Terry Crowley thing, or if she is simply going to get some help regarding being almost stalked by Shane and Mara?

For some reason, I can see this kid trying to kill Dutch. Him killing his mother just seems too obvious of a direction to go in.

I'm really psyched for these last few episodes.

You guys are morons... Why should he do anything to help out those corrupt fucks? Considering how much they tormented him in the past?

Julian is doing the best possible thing for him, by staying as far away from them as he could, and doing what he is suppose to. No need to get mixed up in those guys mess.

I'm impressed how week in and week out, this show turns Shane and Mara into even more of a couple of scumbags than they were the previous week.

How so?

I am firmly supporting them at this point and finding Vic more unlikable by the week. He's spiralling out of control and all his previous leverage is gone, turning into a pretty pathetic figure. The line about hoping Jackson doesn't get better and Mara being a witness necessary to eliminate was pretty chilling.

I am fascinated to see where this leads Aceveda. Nice to see him finally playing a big role again.

Some of you guys are failing to see the point... There is no good guy in this situation, they are all at fault, and they all deserved to pay for what they have done. The show doesn't try to label just Shane, Ronnie, or Vic as the #1 scumbag, but has done a great job showing how all of them are scum equally, I'm suprised some of you aren't able to pick up on that. Thats what makes this show so great.

Some of you guys are failing to see the point... There is no good guy in this situation, they are all at fault, and they all deserved to pay for what they have done. The show doesn't try to label just Shane, Ronnie, or Vic as the #1 scumbag, but has done a great job showing how all of them are scum equally, I'm suprised some of you aren't able to pick up on that. Thats what makes this show so great.

I think that's fairly obvious though. It's all about the shades of grey right now.

I was feeling bad for how underused Julian was this season...but he's a little bitch, screw him.

the character's been dead weight since Jace refuses to touch on the gay issue. That'll be a glaring loose end, but at least they've marginalized him for castrating the writers.

Julian is doing what any smart person would do.

As far as Shane and Mara being scum, at this point all they are doing is trying to escape. Vic has gone totally insane, planning to kill a pregnant woman.

i think that ronnie will end up giving up vic to save his job. with him planning to kill a women he knows that vic is becoming a liablity