TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Shawn Michaels Injured at RAW/SD Taping

Word going around the Raw/SD Supershow tapings are that Shawn Michaels suffered triceps tear in the closing segment of the Raw taping. There should be more information soon.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

via 411

Terrible news as the program was just outstanding

Now they can write him off once again at Unforgiven. Just let Jericho destory him and Shawn leaves an injured man. That's a bad lost for Raw right now since it was such a hot program.

This is actually better in the long run. The fued was too hot to blow off at a nothing PPV like Unforgiven. Hopefully HBK will heal up come Survivor Series and then we can finally have the blow-off.

Damn, that would suck so badly. Please don't have them confirm this - I guess a torn triceps would last longer than a month to heal and might very well weaken the feud. DAMN DAMN! :(

This is actually better in the long run. The fued was too hot to blow off at a nothing PPV like Unforgiven. Hopefully HBK will heal up come Survivor Series and then we can finally have the blow-off.

+1

You know, this is better for Jericho, because I've been saying for weeks that Jericho is so much on fire right now with his heel character, that WWE needs to main event him, and maybe even put the title on him, but he's had the Michaels feud blocking his way to main event. I would love for the blowoff to be for the title.

The thing is this though. Take one look at the Raw spoilers and you'll see that

Randy Orton returns and basically calls out CM Punk.

That would seem like they are setting something else up besides Jericho going right into the main event scene.

Keep in mind that they probably intended for Jericho and Shawn to extend beyond this PPV, those plans could change with Shawn's injury. The other factor might not come into play until later down the road but the seeds were planted.

--Shawn Michaels is getting his triceps tear evaluated today. He took a bad bump chasing Chris Jericho. Last night after the show, Michaels was saying that no matter what, he would be doing the match on Sunday and we haven't heard differently at this point, but the doctors may say otherwise today. Long-term, it wasn't looking good.

F4W

Why do people want Sid back? I still haven't figured that out yet.

People need to realise that Sid sucks.

Of course when he does come back, people will start talking about how he sucks or how WWE is misusing him.

It was distributed in 1989.

That said, I loved the guys WWE run. Not so much WCW but the Millennium Man shtick (and Sid chokeslamming people counting as wins in his streak) sounds pretty funny. I only caught bits and pieces of that.

Following Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Shawn is believed to work Sunday's match despite the pain he's probably in.

No surprise there. I just hope WWE will be smart enough to keep the match short. I'd hate to see Michaels injure himself further due to his stubborn nature.

You know, this is better for Jericho, because I've been saying for weeks that Jericho is so much on fire right now with his heel character, that WWE needs to main event him, and maybe even put the title on him, but he's had the Michaels feud blocking his way to main event.

You took the words right out of me!

Why do people want Sid back? I still haven't figured that out yet.

He's hilarious. Gut-bustingly (unintentionally) funny promos and awkward, bowling shoe ugly matches. You add in his impressive-looking chokeslams and powerbombs, and he's just flat out entertaining.

C'mon:

"But you know that I know, that you are only half the man that I am! And I have half the brain that you do!"

That's GOLD, Jerry, GOLD!!

As for HBK being hurt, that's really unfortunate. Hopefully he doesn't make it worse on Sunday and can heal up soon. In the meantime, Jericho can work with CM Punk and then once HBK comes back they can blow that program off.

I know that it looks like they are building to Orton vs. Punk but it would be a mistake. Jericho right now is so far above Orton as a heel it's not even funny. They definitely need to go with Jericho, perhaps even put the belt on him. The way he's being booked now is light years removed from his dubious title run in 2002.

I'm assuming that Michaels will take a lot of time off after Sunday, so Jericho needs to do something else to put him out of action. They could simply tell the truth and show replays of Shawn hitting the arm on the floor, then Jericho destroys it during the match.

If Jericho doesn't main event against Punk at No Mercy or SSeries, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Yea, I could definitely tell where it happened. Looked like Shawn had 2 choices, land directly on the top of his head, or try to break the fall, which he did, and potentially still injure himself. Also, did it seem to anyone else like he stiffed the holy hell out of Lance Cade with that kick after the fall?

Super news out of Tuesday's F4Wonline.com's daily update:

While it has not been made official, the word going around is that Michaels suffered a minor tear of his triceps and will not need surgery. The match Sunday appears to be a go and Michaels may not even need any time off. Tremendously good news for all involved.

I wonder if HBK not being as bad injured as first thought means his match might get the main event spot at Unforgiven?

The only other match that could fit the main event spot would be the Raw Scramble, and if they thought Shawn was too banged up, I could have seen it going last instead. But with Shawn only suffering a minor muscle tear, he could be physically up to putting on a great main event to end the PPV on a high note.