Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

WWE Raw - September 1, 2008

DARK MATCH:

- Jimmy Wang Yang defeated Go Shiozaki w/Tony Atlas

- The arena is nearly full.

WWE RAW:

- In Memory of Killer Kowalski

- Randy Orton is here! He runs down CM Punk and all of the Raw champions and calls Raw a joke, which brings out Punk. They have some back and forth and Orton leaves, and the Scramble competitors all end up in the ring, minus Rey as Kane says he is still dead. Batista hands out a spear buffet, which all leads to an announcement of World Title Scramble Battle Royal Preview Match for later.

- Kofi Kingston defeated Charlie Haas, dressed as John Cena

- There will be a Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho contract signing tonight.

- Randy Orton meets with Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes. Their meeting ends with Orton slapping Rhodes.

- Mike Adamle announces an ECW Scramble Battle Royal Preview

- Mark Henry wins the ECW Scramble Battle Royal Preview

- Jamie Noble w/Layla defeated William Regal, Layla was impressed with Noble's victory.

- Kelly Kelly, Mickie James and the Returning Candice Michelle defeated Jillian Hall, Katie Lea and Beth Phoenix. Candice Michelle showed off her thong in celebration!

- Santino Marella defeated D'Lo Brown after a missed frog splash

- The Miz and John Morrison vs. Cryme Tyme went to a no contest as Cody Rhodes ad Ted Dibiase came to the ring and destroyed Cryme Tyme. They got their tag titles back, which Cryme Tyme had stolen.

- Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase show off their titles to Orton backstage.

- Kane wins the World Title Scramble Battle Royal Preview Match. No Rey Mysterio, Punk eliminates Batista and JBL, and then Kane eliminates Punk.

- Rey shows up after the match and gives Kane the 619. He celebrates with the crowd.

- The Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho contract signing closes Raw. Andrew says the segment is "gold." They got in each other's face and stand like they may fight. Jericho told security to leave because Shawn won't do anything. Lance Cade tries to sneak attack HBK, but HBK is too smart for that. Jericho bails and Cade gets beat down by Shawn.

no mention of the Honky Tonk Man meter Santino has now?

Santino is trying to beat the number of wins HTM had so he can be the greatest IC champ in history.

Second set of RAW spoilers..like the one's I posted for SD!, these are a bit more fleshed out in spots

Report by Marcellino Guajardo and PWinsider.com

Dark Match:

Jimmy Yang pinned Go Shiozaki (with Tony Atlas) with a moonsault.

Raw:

Raw opens with a tribute to Killer Kowalski.

Randy Orton comes out and says CM Punk was wrestling nobodies when he won the World title. Orton says that since he's no longer champion, Raw has become a joke. He ripped on Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella for acting like teenagers. He said CM Punk was a joke and rips on the Tag champs as well. Punk came out and went face to face with Orton. He ripped into Orton, saying Orton had everything handed to him. JBL, Kane and Batista come out. Kane claims he made sure Rey Mysterio wouldn't show tonight. Batista cleaned house. It's going to be a Battle Royal featuring the Scramble contenders later.

Kofi Kingston defeated Charlie Hass. Haas came out as John Cena.

A Chris Jericho-Shawn Michaels contract signing is announced for later.

Backstage, Mike Adamle and Teddy Long are agreeing about the ECW battle royal for tonight, when Kane appears and questions that Rey Mysterio will return.

They do an ECW Battle Royal with the 5 competitors in the ECW Scramble. Mark Henry eliminates everyone to win.

Jamie Noble with the returning Layla El defeats William Regal.

The returning Candice Michelle & Mickie James & Kelly Kelly defeated WWE Women's champ Beth Phoenix & Katie Lea & Jillian Hall.

Santino Marella comes out to respond to Randy Orton's comments. He shows a "HonkMeter" to compare himself to Honkytonk Man as greatest IC champ of all time. D'Lo Brown comes out. Marella defeats him after a missed frog splash.

Cryme Time vs. John Morrison & Miz doesn't happen as DiBiase and Rhodes attack Cryme Time and steal back their WWE World Tag Team belts.

There's a backstage scene where the tag champs and Orton cross paths and look at each other.

Backstage, Todd Grisham asks Batista his battle plan. He says it's to "Destroy everyone."

Raw Battle Royal. No Rey. Orton comes out. Punk eliminated Batista and JBL. Kane and Punk finish up. Kane eliminates Punk. Mysterio shows up and cleans house on Kane.

The contract signing with Jerry Lawler in the ring closes the Raw taping. Both Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels sign immediately. Jericho has security leave and Michaels says he can't be held responsible. Lance Cade comes out and Michaels attacks Cade kicking him several times in the face as he hangs off the apron.

Though SummerSlam was just weeks ago, there is only one thing on the mind of WWE Superstars: Unforgiven. With a Championship Scramble set to feature five of Raw’s most powerful and intense competitors, tensions are running high. That heat just might explode on Raw as the five Superstars meet early in a Raw Battle Royal. World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, new Scramble Match addition Rey Mysterio, JBL, Kane and Batista will all be in the ring, searching for a way to grab an early advantage heading into Sunday's pay-per-view. Who will be the man left smiling after Raw and bringing momentum to the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match at Unforgiven?

Another pre-Unforgiven meeting takes place as well, as Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho ink the contract for their Unsanctioned Match. This signing will be the first time these Superstars have been in the ring with each other since Y2J left HBK's wife in a world of pain. Will The Showstopper have a few words for his Unforgiven opponent just days before their contest?

Also on Raw, Randy Orton plans to make a special appearance to address the title holders on Raw. Orton is a former three-time World Champion, himself. What message will he deliver to the current champions?

In addition to having four opponents at Unforgiven and a Raw Battle Royal, Rey Mysterio may have more to battle. After General Manager Mike Adamle announced that John Cena’s recently sustained herniated disk in his neck would prevent him from competing in the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble, he replaced Cena with Mysterio. But Mysterio has been missing from Raw for months, due to a brutal attack by Kane, if the Big Red Monster is to be believed. Will Mysterio be in good enough physical condition to compete at Unforgiven? And what type of mental state will the Ultimate Underdog be in?

Last Monday night, Raw’s resident golden couple, Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella and Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix, had a brief lovers’ spat, due to Santino distracting Beth during a match against Kelly Kelly and The Glamazon’s subsequent loss. While “Glamarella” appears to have reconciled, could this signal a rocky period for Santino and Beth?

For the answers to these questions and more, make sure to tune into Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT, back on its regular channel, only on USA Network.

Spoilers are available elsewhere here, but come on, the show airs in 11 hours (eastern), just pretend it's live!

Whats going to be funny, is that people are just going to think WWE is going to job CM Punk, and give the title to Orton, and I think WWE is going to do that match at No Mercy or something, and just have Punk win clean. I really don't like the direction their going with Rhodes/DiBiase/Orton. I actually think Rhodes/DiBiase have been decent the past few weeks, though they need a gimmick, but putting Orton with them will make sure they won't get over. I do think its real funny for WWE to want Rhodes/DiBiase to get heel heat by TAKING BACK THEIR BELTS THAT THEY WON! Hell, at least when TNA does that storyline, they have the guys who steal the belts be the heels.

Actually, I can see Cody/Ted getting more over with Orton. Say what you will about Orton, but he makes the crowd hate him - and he's got a cold, detached, vicious side that Cody/Ted could benefit from. The two of them have got superstar potential, and sticking them with Orton could help them get through some of the political barriers.

Randy Orton is here!

Raw is now must-see for me.

I had the exact opposite reaction, but I haven't given more than $60 to WWE in about a year. So, who gives a crap what I think. In all honesty, you hate to see people hurt, so I'm glad to see that they're setting up a program for him - that means he's on the road to healing. The fact that it's a World Title program grinds my gears a little bit, but whattya gonna do?

As for the show itself, looks like it'll be a good show. I'll switch back and forth between it and the Tennessee/UCLA game.

Again, a more detailed set of spoilers:

Dark Match:

Jimmy Wang Yang def. Go Shiozaki w/ Tony Atlas. Jimmy Wang Yang came out first. Next was Tony Atlas to cut a promo saying he had looked all over the world for the next big star and found Go Shiozaki. I don't Tony Atlas did anything during the match but stand ringside and watch Shiozaki lose.

Raw:

Killer Kowalski go the standard black screen graphic to note his passing.

Orton came out to cut a promo running down all the current Raw champs. The tag champs, Santino, and Beth were all skewered. He then focused on CM Punk for a moment before Punk came out to retort. Punk promised Orton that they'd have a match as soon as Orton was ready. Orton leaves and JBL comes down ot he ring in his gear. JBL starts cutting a promo about the scramble match at the PPV. Kane's pyro hits and out he comes. Kane promises that Rey Mysterio will NOT be at the PPV. This promps Big Dave to make his way to the ring to take out everyone and leave without saying a word.

The screen advertises a battle royale tonight with all scramble guys.

John Cena's music hit and the place erupted. It was Charlie Haas in his new 'stealing gimmicks' gimmick. He lost to Kofi Kingston after attempting most of Cena's spots in the match.

Simply Priceless promo backstage with Orton. They are upset that Orton ran them down in his promo. Orton slaps the piss out of Rhodes saying that they are worthless as long as Cryme Tyme still has their belts. Cut to Adamle and Long discussing the ECW scramble battle royale on Raw later tonight before Kane comes in. Kane is mad that Adamle keeps advertising Rey in the PPV when Kane says Rey will never return. Adamle says that he advertised Rey to get the word to Rey that Admle wants him back. He hopes Rey will be at the PPV and maybe even Rey will make his way to Raw tonight.

Next is the battle royale with all the members of the ECW championship scramble at the PPV. Mark Henry wins since none of the guys can lift him to throw him out of the ring.

Jericho and Cade are shown backstage looking over the contract for the Unforgiven 'Unsanctioned' match with Jericho's lawyer.

Jamie Noble w Layla def Regal which appeared to shock the Hell out of Layla.

Katie Lea and Jilian came out to the ring for what is announced as a 6 diva tag team match. Jilian begins to sing but Mickie James' entrance cuts her off mid-song. Next out is Kelly Kelly. The 4 awkwardly stare at each other until beth Phoenix makes her way out to cut a promo on Orton saying that she's the greatest Women's Champion of all time. Candice Michelle makes her return with her God-awful remix song. The match isn't too incredibly terrible until Candice gets the hot tag. She then manages to botch just about every move including the pinning roll-up.

Santino comes out to cut a promo saying how upset he is at Orton for calling him a joke of an Intercontinental Champion. He then says that the Honky Tonk Man was the greatest Intercontinental Champion with a record 62 straight wins and shows a graphic on the screen called the "HONK A METER." It shows a little Honky with a 62 next to his name and a little Santino with a 2. Santino says he's successfully defended the title twice and plans to keep winning until he beats Honky's record.

Out comes D-Lo Brown to job to Santino in a pretty quick match.

Michaels backstage with lawyer to check contract himself.

Morrison and Miz against Cryme Tyme. Simply Priceless run out before the bell to attack Cryme Tyme and take back the stolen Tag Team Titles. Miz and Morrison leave and there's no match. Simply Priceless pass Orton in halls backstage and show him the belts they recovered.

Batista is backstage with the generic interview lady to promise a win tonight even without Rey at his side in the match.

Raw scramble battle royale begins with Orton at ringside but no Rey. Batista and JBL are out quick. Kane wrestles Punk for several minutes before eventually getting the win. Rey makes his return after the bell to attack Kane and play to the crowd.

Michaels and Jericho contract signing. Lawler and Adamle are in the ring to watch over things. Security is at ringside to stop any violence tonight as Mike Adamle has decreed that if they fight tonight, the match is off. Jericho and Michaels dismiss security and Lawler and Adamle once the contract is signed. Jericho talks about Michaels being responsible for Flair's retirement and Jericho's attack on Shawn's wife. Michaels promises no remorse at the PPV. Cade runs in to sneak attack Michaels but Michaels destroys him.

F4W

John Cena's music hit and the place erupted.

Further proof that Cena just isn't over.

I know you mean no offense to the Cena fans.

Heh, heh...nice one!

Of course, someday you will finally realize that Cena is only over in certain cities when there's a high ratio of kids and teenybopper girls. :P

what constitutes "being over" to you?

Assuming he's serious about his insistence that Cena isn't over that much, is fading,etc, then I imagine his criteria for being over are whatever it takes to allow him to keep reassuring himself that his perception of Cena's overness is correct, and that everyone else is just too stupid to realize the truth he's been smart enough to see.

John Cena's music hit and the place erupted.

Further proof that Cena just isn't over.

I know you mean no offense to the Cena fans.

Heh, heh...nice one!

Of course, someday you will finally realize that Cena is only over in certain cities when there's a high ratio of kids and teenybopper girls. :P

Even if you're saying Cena doesn't get cheered (which he does...a lot) your arguement that he isn't over is just plain false. The crowd cares about him whether they want him to win or lose. Some want him to win, some want him to lose. The fact is, the man is getting a reaction wherever he goes. How does that not constitute being over to you?

Whats going to be funny, is that people are just going to think WWE is going to job CM Punk, and give the title to Orton, and I think WWE is going to do that match at No Mercy or something, and just have Punk win clean. I really don't like the direction their going with Rhodes/DiBiase/Orton. I actually think Rhodes/DiBiase have been decent the past few weeks, though they need a gimmick, but putting Orton with them will make sure they won't get over. I do think its real funny for WWE to want Rhodes/DiBiase to get heel heat by TAKING BACK THEIR BELTS THAT THEY WON! Hell, at least when TNA does that storyline, they have the guys who steal the belts be the heels.

Yeah, because Priceless are heat machines right now...

The only reason the crowd cares about them is because they're in a program with one of the most popular teams in the WWE (Cryme Tyme)

Pairing him with Orton, perhaps the best heel the company has right now would be a great move. Did you not hear the boo's that Orton got each and every time he appeared? He's more over now than he ever was and putting Team Priceless with him would defintely boost their careers, not hinder them.

For all the Orton fans, I read this on Gerweck:

- The word is that Randy Orton probably won't be ready to wrestle again until the Survivor Series PPV. It appears they brought him back last night was because they were taping in St. Louis, MO, his hometown.

I'm interested in seeing Orton since his motorcycle accident. I guess since he supposedly had about 3 months added to his recovery time, we will be seeing he and Cena return to the ring around the same time? The battle royal should be interesting. I guess following WWE booking, whoever comes out looking the strongest will make it clear of who WON'T be winning the scramble.