TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

WWE Raw - September 1, 2008

did anyone else with cablevision have a random commercial come on after the Kowalski memorial pic? Mine did, thereby cutting off the start of Raw and then it came back with Orton halfway down the ramp .

That sucked.

My Time Warner feed did that as well. I was pissed.

Well, I will restate my original argument, for the sake of argument ... heh.

No.

Cena is not as over as you'd think, he will be turning heel soon...VERY soon.

Cena's the most over person in the company. He gets insane heat for everything he does. He sells the most merchandise, he's the backbone of the house show business, he's the face of the company. He's not turning heel, and if he did, it would be a very bad business move.

This is what I said. I never once said he wasn't over!

As for "not as over," the WWE demographic is 18-30 MALES.

The WWE has been actively marketing to kids recently, and Cena and Rey are right up there.

Cena does NOT appeal to this group.

If the WWE's demographic is that, and Cena is a black hole to them, explain how business has been great with Cena on top.

Again, all opinion and speculation.

I like this. You make idiotic points and then are like: Well you can't argue this and I can't be wrong so, hah. You have your opinion. I have my opinion that your opinion sucks. Works both ways.

Someone needs to do the math and see when Santino will tie HTM's record. We need to plan a big celebration.

November 9th, 2009. I think.

Sweet, that's my birthday.

Although I highly doubt Santino will remain champion for anywhere near that long.

No.

Cena's the most over person in the company. He gets insane heat for everything he does. He sells the most merchandise, he's the backbone of the house show business, he's the face of the company. He's not turning heel, and if he did, it would be a very bad business move.

The WWE has been actively marketing to kids recently, and Cena and Rey are right up there.

If the WWE's demographic is that, and Cena is a black hole to them, explain how business has been great with Cena on top.

I like this. You make idiotic points and then are like: Well you can't argue this and I can't be wrong so, hah. You have your opinion. I have my opinion that your opinion sucks. Works both ways.

The demographic IS 18-30 males, as quoted by the WWE just last week...please pay attention!

None of my points are idiotic, and if you knew me IRL, you'd know I have EXTENSIVE knowledge of the business, and it pisses my friends and colleagues off that I'm RARELY wrong. At this point, it is you they are thinking of as the idiot.

Of course, that's just their opinion, and they are entitled to it.

No.

The demographic IS 18-30 males, as quoted by the WWE just last week...please pay attention!

None of my points are idiotic, and if you knew me IRL, you'd know I have EXTENSIVE knowledge of the business, and it pisses my friends and colleagues off that I'm RARELY wrong. At this point, it is you they are thinking of as the idiot.

Of course, that's just their opinion, and they are entitled to it.

What does that have to do with anything? It just means they aren't exactly sharp knives in the drawer either. This is assuming that their opinions are at all relevant in this discussion, which I believe you're losing badly.

I'm not losing at all, unless you view this as a popularity contest. In which case, I gladly concede. Those I refer to are the very guys who bump and bleed every week to entertain the marks and smartmarks in our territory. We enjoy getting together and reading what all you "smart" marks have to say and find it most entertaining that the members here are mostly just repeating what you've read or heard from Meltzer and other sources.

We would all like to see an original thought on occasion, but thus far, we've been pretty disappointed.

This is incredibly irrelevant to internet discussion.

By the way, I have 2 degrees, a PhD, and I drew 10,000 fans to an indy show in 2005 by having Bret Hart do an autograph signing during intermission, so everyone listen to me, ok?

This is incredibly irrelevant to internet discussion.

Let the kid brag about his e-penis.

Kid? I'm quite possibly twice as old as the average member age here.

Jeezus, most of you act like snot-nosed punks. All most of you do is insult members' opinions if you don't agree.

Kid? I'm quite possibly twice as old as the average member age here.

Jeezus, most of you act like snot-nosed punks. All most of you do is insult members' opinions if you don't agree.

The thing is, most of the people on this board have been here a long time, and they know how to push each other's buttons without making fun of them. It's like, you can make fun of a friend but when someone else does it they get angry at them but not you.

My original post had only been intended to share my opinion, which is a valid opinion, with supporting facts. No superiority was conveyed whatsoever.

The response: You make idiotic points and then are like: Well you can't argue this and I can't be wrong so, hah. You have your opinion. I have my opinion that your opinion sucks. Works both ways.

Maybe it's simply the arrogance of members with 4,000+ posts...get a life, people.

Get a life, says the guy who does this:

We enjoy getting together and reading what all you "smart" marks have to say and find it most entertaining that the members here are mostly just repeating what you've read or heard from Meltzer and other sources.

That sounds like a thrilling Friday night to you, doesn't it?

All most of you do is insult members' opinions if you don't agree.

Isn't that what you're attempting to do here?

Hell no, I'm firing back, because I find the dismissal of a valid and fact-based opinion childish.

That sounds like a thrilling Friday night to you, doesn't it?

Umm...it's Tuesday.

All most of you do is insult members' opinions if you don't agree.

Isn't that what you're attempting to do here?

Hell no, I'm firing back, because I find the dismissal of a valid and fact-based opinion childish.

Now you know how everyone here feels about you.

I won't bash you Noah, but I would like link to the quote that the WWE said about their demo being 18-30 year old males.

If that's the case, then they are way off point because there are numerous children, not to mention, females, that make up a large portion of the audience every week.

I think the attitude era was directed at 18-30 year old males. Especially with The Rock and Austin swearing, drinking beer, and beating the shit out of their boss every week. Not to mention, the countless amount of stunners/people's elbows that females got during that time.

This era, not so much. There isn't anything edgy about the program right now. I think the "edgy-est" thing about the show is the fact that Cryme Tyme still has the name "Cryme Tyme"....