TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2008

You guys know the deal - if you see Super Crazy at 7-11 or hear that Faarooq is doing a Pep Boys ad, this is the place to rock and roll with it.

Yet his only word in the commercial would be "FRAM!"

This is probably the wrong thread, but I didn't see a General Discussion thread under "General Wrestling."

I was just flipping through the channels, and decided to stop on the Home Shopping Network, because they were selling NFL stuff. I recognized the voice right away, but the face was obstructed by the banners on the side/top describing the item. At first I assumed it was a football player, but then I soon realized no, it was a former WWE star.

Yes, the man who is now tough enough to hock NFL shit on HSN....Maven Huffman!

I am absolutely fine with people discussing random notes about WWE's past or comparing old events to relevance in the modern day (like the Undertaker/Mania discussion that broke out in the August CTDWAT thread). Coming up with some sort of properly named thread with well defined parameters was (still is, I guess) something I had brewing in my mind.

Might as well mention another new idea (which is basically an old idea re-visited): WON notes are coming back tomorrow. Often times, especially now that it's online, I'll see someone randomly copy a news tidbit from F4W or WON and, because they don't think it's worth a thread, discuss it here. The new plan is to summarize some news bits from both newsletters (but no C&P theft jobs here) in a thread, titled something like "Weekly F4W and WON Notes - September 1, 2008". Ditto TNA folder. Someone who isn't me can feel free to do so for the Indy scene (or even WWE and TNA if I'm slow to get it). General Wrestling will get summarized notes from the historical WON series.

I just read on Gerweck.net (Credit: WO) WWE is down on MVP at the moment. They think Shelton Benjamin is a better worker and have told MVP he should study Shelton's work.

There are a number of guys better then MVP. Why should he only study another black man?

I liked that match with Festus a lot.

Shelton's been killing it on Smackdown recently. He seems motivated again, and I like that they're giving him long matches and a chance to shine.

I just read on Gerweck.net (Credit: WO) WWE is down on MVP at the moment. They think Shelton Benjamin is a better worker and have told MVP he should study Shelton's work.

There are a number of guys better then MVP. Why should he only study another black man?

Honestly why did you try to make it into a racist thing?

I wonder what exactly WWE is down on MVP about? I wonder if it's his move set or maybe selling or psychology?

A few things with that poster:

- No logos

- No date

- Linked from some random forum instead of wikipedia or WWEAffiliates (I list wikipedia because very often whoever uploaded the poster got it from WWEAffiliates).

- Not at all in the WWEAffiliates image database.

So, for now, I'm going to say it's not the actual poster. At the very least, not the final poster.

I'm glad someone else took the time to point out it's not necesaarily racially-motivated that WWE asked MVP to study Shelton's work. Let's face it, MVP sucked and sucked hard before his series with Benoit last year, so it shows that given the right 'teacher', he can learn and apply what he has learned to his in-ring style. MVP became one of the better workers on SD after his months-long series with Benoit, so maybe by working with Shelton, or at least studying him, he can get just that much better.

- No logos

- No date

- Linked from some random forum instead of wikipedia or WWEAffiliates (I list wikipedia because very often whoever uploaded the poster got it from WWEAffiliates).

So, for now, I'm going to say it's not the actual poster. At the very least, not the final poster.

Also, it looks just kinda thrown together.

Wasn't there a report more than a year ago of MVP studying tapes and really trying to improve? I think he's done more than anyone to lift his game.

Probably doesn't help that he's older than Shelton.

Does anyone else think it would have been a better idea if WWE held the scramble matches off until Survivor Series? After thinking about it, I feel those matches would be better for Survivor Series over Unforgiven.

- No logos

- No date

Someone always cries "FAKE!" and the posters always turn out to be legit. But this time, it really, really looks fake.

According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, former WWE Superstar and ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Justin Credible, is now working as a cook at an Olive Garden in Waterbury, Connecticut.

Credible, who also wrestled in the WWF as the "Portugese Man-O-War, Aldo Montoya" in the mid-90s, was released from his latest stint in WWE in September 2006.

According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, former WWE Superstar and ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Justin Credible, is now working as a cook at an Olive Garden in Waterbury, Connecticut.

Credible, who also wrestled in the WWF as the "Portugese Man-O-War, Aldo Montoya" in the mid-90s, was released from his latest stint in WWE in September 2006.

I was just at Olive Garden tonight and the menu says all Olive Garden chefs are sent to a school in Italy for training. I wonder if Credible was on a WWE Tour of Italy, which would be ironic, seeing years later Olive Garden would send him to Italy to teach him how to make a Tour of Italy.

I had heard of Credible working at Target in the past and Shane Douglas had left TNA and joined the Target management program last I heard.

Bwahaha, I work at the mall that Olive Garden is in. Credible has been working F Level indies here in CT for a while now, but has been doing nothing else of note otherwise.

- No logos

- No date

Someone always cries "FAKE!" and the posters always turn out to be legit. But this time, it really, really looks fake.

This is why I gave an evidence list.

Speaking of former ECW Champions, doesn't Shane Douglas work at a Target somewhere?

He's a Store Assistant Manager, and makes roughly 40-60 K a year without a bump taken. Not too bad.

Plus think of the employee discount and the fact that he gets benefits.

And can probably cash out on the occasional weekend autograph show.