TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2008

They don't have enough matches that spill out into the streets. Even if a lot of the show doesn't stand up today, Al Snow and Bossman brawling their way to a local bar at SummerSlam 99 is still pretty cool.

They don't have enough matches that spill out into the streets. Even if a lot of the show doesn't stand up today, Al Snow and Bossman brawling their way to a local bar at SummerSlam 99 is still pretty cool.

The last match that I can recall going to the street was that CM Punk-Chavo "Gulf of Mexico" match where the object was to throw the other guy into the Gulf of Mexico and they had to brawl in very windy conditions. That was fun. They should do more stuff like that as well as the bar brawl from Slam 99. That was one of the fun aspects of the Hardcore title during that period, when they'd end up having matches in odd places like amusement parks, bars and snow filled parking lots.

Since I don't recall seeing anyone mention it in the Raw thread, did anybody besides me get a kick out of seeing Candace show apprehension before going up to the top rope? Reminded me of back when Trish and Victoria had a hardcore match back in 2003 (which was quite a fun match in itself, by the way), and Jazz came out at the end, and Trish got this "Oh shit" look on her face when she saw her, because she knew she was about to get her ass kicked...

I've always dug physical cues like that which, for some inexplicable reason, I tend to appreciate more when the Divas do it well. Maybe because the expectations towards them are so lowered in general, I dunno.

Since I don't recall seeing anyone mention it in the Raw thread, did anybody besides me get a kick out of seeing Candace show apprehension before going up to the top rope? Reminded me of back when Trish and Victoria had a hardcore match back in 2003 (which was quite a fun match in itself, by the way), and Jazz came out at the end, and Trish got this "Oh shit" look on her face when she saw her, because she knew she was about to get her ass kicked...

I've always dug physical cues like that which, for some inexplicable reason, I tend to appreciate more when the Divas do it well. Maybe because the expectations towards them are so lowered in general, I dunno.

Either they were playing up the whole idea that she is cautious and didn't want to get hurt again (nice idea) or she was afraid she would fuck up again for about the 154rd time in the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzv_m2OzkOU

Great match, and included the Road Dogg as the roving reporter. :lol:

JBL takes a swipe at Joey Styles's Hair

Joey Styles Responds, with a swipe at a certain marriage.

2.) JBL claimed I am cheap.

Guilty but we can't all marry money. JBL being married to Meredith Whitney is the tenth wonder of the World. Of course, the eight was WWE Hall of Famer, Andre The Giant and the ninth is another WWE marriage which involves an overachiever which I dare not mention lest I want to be wished the best in my future endeavors before my contract expires in two years and three months.

Jonathan Coachman is one of the co-hosts on ESPNEWS right now. He's not doing to bad of a job either.

I saw it too; he's not bad but for me personally it's tough to take him seriously when I know I've seen his ass splayed out on the TitanTron getting DX spraypainted on it.

I thought the ninth wonder of the world was Chyna.

Only in her pants.

I've noticed that JBL takes swipes at the Republicans a lot. Is he a Democrat?

His whole character is spun off from his 2003-2004 era WWE.com columns rambling about how Dubya = Troops = Good, whenever he wsn't calling all of us geeky outsiders who can't book a good match because we've never been in one.

We reached Peak JBL at the first ONS with his speech about smarks hopping on instant messaging and calling each other hardcore, and it's just been a slow and steady decline ever since.

Just speculating, but JBL has struck me as a libertarian on economic and social issues, and a hawk on foreign policy issues. Definitly not a Democrat.

I've noticed that JBL takes swipes at the Republicans a lot. Is he a Democrat?

His whole character is spun off from his 2003-2004 era WWE.com columns rambling about how Dubya = Troops = Good, whenever he wsn't calling all of us geeky outsiders who can't book a good match because we've never been in one.

We reached Peak JBL at the first ONS with his speech about smarks hopping on instant messaging and calling each other hardcore, and it's just been a slow and steady decline ever since.

No way. Was that the 1st ONS?

Somebody mentioned acquiring this man's in-ring services recently, but I forget exactly when and where:

WWE HIRES FORMER WCW STAR

by Mike Johnson @ 10:02 PM on 9/5/2008

Former WCW and EMLL star Norman Smiley started today as the newest WWE developmental trainer in Florida.

All I can say is, please, let this spill over into the occasional WWE television appearance!

Somebody mentioned acquiring this man's in-ring services recently, but I forget exactly when and where:

WWE HIRES FORMER WCW STAR

by Mike Johnson @ 10:02 PM on 9/5/2008

Former WCW and EMLL star Norman Smiley started today as the newest WWE developmental trainer in Florida.

All I can say is, please, let this spill over into the occasional WWE television appearance!

A feud with Norman and Santino... GOLD!

I have always been baffled as to WWE's lack of love for Norman Smiley. I loved the guy's WCW work. He can wrestle, he has charisma, has a fun schtick with the Big Wiggle. If anyone ever seemed like a good fit for WWE, it is him. Yet until now they never gave him a look.

Well, I've always been baffled by the IWC's love of Norman Smiley. I hated the guys work in WCW. He's a bland wrestler, has phony charisma (like Rickey Ortiz), and has a lame schtick with the Big Wiggle. If anyone ever seemed like a bad fit for the wwe, it is him. Thankfully until now they never gave him a look.

Well, I've always been baffled by the IWC's love of Norman Smiley. I hated the guys work in WCW. He's a bland wrestler, has phony charisma (like Rickey Ortiz), and has a lame schtick with the Big Wiggle. If anyone ever seemed like a bad fit for the wwe, it is him. Thankfully until now they never gave him a look.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Thirded.