TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2008

Oh God, just posted on PWI:

We were told earlier in the day that there was an issue with Jeff Hardy at the Nashville International Airport as he was heading home today from last night's Smackdown taping.

We are still triple sourcing the details because we want to be 100% correct before we go with this story. Watch the site for further updates.

If that is what I think that might be (Jeff busted with some sort of drugs) its certainly ironic, given the way he's being built up against HHH at the ppv right now. If he was stupid enough to get in trouble with drugs again, the result of that match is most definately a lock. And chances are it will make a clear point at the same time about his future in the company.

We were told earlier in the day that there was an issue with Jeff Hardy at the Nashville International Airport as he was heading home today from last night's Smackdown taping.

We are still triple sourcing the details because we want to be 100% correct before we go with this story. Watch the site for further updates.

If that is what I think that might be (Jeff busted with some sort of drugs) its certainly ironic, given the way he's being built up against HHH at the ppv right now. If he was stupid enough to get in trouble with drugs again, the result of that match is most definately a lock. And chances are it will make a clear point at the same time about his future in the company.

If he gets a third strike violation I no longer have any sympathy. He was given 3 chances to clean his act up.

If I was Vince McMahon, despite Batista's popularity, I'd fired the ungrateful asshole, if not job him on every PPV until his contract was up.

As for Jeff, please don't let it be drugs. Please don't let it drugs. Please don't it be drugs. Ah, fuck! Who am I kidding? It's going to be drugs. God damn it, Jeff!

Good thing you're not owning a wrestling company.

It's natural for wrestlers to get frustrated once in a while, especially given the grind of pro wrestling. Every wrestler deserves some time off

It's natural for wrestlers to get frustrated once in a while, especially given the grind of pro wrestling. Every wrestler deserves some time off

Well, he's been pushed harder than any active member on the RAW roster, including the guy with the belt. I don't understand why he would be frustrated at all.

Well, if Jeff was indeed busted for Drugs, then it looks like they could go ahead and hotshot Kozlov into the title match at the PPV, though I'm not sure if he's ready for that yet. Maybe they were doing this thing with Kozlov as a backup plan just in case Jeff fucked up AGAIN when they were ready to give him a shot at the top.

Regarding Batista, maybe even he recognizes the fact that he's a lame duck title contender, and is tired of getting programmed into title match after title match, only to lose or come up short every time. I'm sure he doesn't mind the title match paychecks, but you have to think he's getting tired of constantly being on the losing end of a title match.

Well, he's been pushed harder than any active member on the RAW roster, including the guy with the belt. I don't understand why he would be frustrated at all.

He's probably just burned out, like Bob said.

Well, if Jeff was indeed busted for Drugs, then it looks like they could go ahead and hotshot Kozlov into the title match at the PPV, though I'm not sure if he's ready for that yet. Maybe they were doing this thing with Kozlov as a backup plan just in case Jeff fucked up AGAIN when they were ready to give him a shot at the top.

I doubt they will take him out of the match, even if he got busted. HHH will get his win come hell or high water.

Now what I could see is that, since there is rumors flying that next weeks Smackdown is supposed to have some "huge match", if Hardy got in trouble, they could simply have Jeff work his last match (probably ever for WWE) next week on that show against HHH, and of course we all know what will happen there. Then, yeah, Kozlov likely in against HHH at No Mercy, then.

I thought the wellness policy strikes were based off the drug test and not having drugs on you.

RVD said on the LAW a while ago that guys smoke weed all day and if it's caught on the wellness policy test, it's like a small fine.

Then again it was never made clear. Remember the pharmacy sting that had a list of wrestlers getting HGH? I'm not sure if those guys were suspended just to make the media go away from the issue or if test came out positive.

It seems PWInsider once again disabled that AdBlocker...blocker.

I thought the wellness policy strikes were based off the drug test and not having drugs on you.

RVD said on the LAW a while ago that guys smoke weed all day and if it's caught on the wellness policy test, it's like a small fine.

Then again it was never made clear. Remember the pharmacy sting that had a list of wrestlers getting HGH? I'm not sure if those guys were suspended just to make the media go away from the issue or if test came out positive.

They do four tests a year for marijuana and if it shows up, you pay a $500 fine but no strikes go on you. Meltz said a lot of the people asked "Who do I make out the $2,000 check to?" when they were told this.

It seems PWInsider once again disabled that AdBlocker...blocker.

They do four tests a year for marijuana and if it shows up, you pay a $500 fine but no strikes go on you. Meltz said a lot of the people asked "Who do I make out the $2,000 check to?" when they were told this.

I thought it was once a year, and $1,000. Same difference, though if Jeff gets fired, it won't be for weed. He'd have to besmoking some other illicit substance out of one of his aluminummies.

This may be a bit of tangent but I was watching 24/7 and the roundtable on factions and Flair was gloating over the fact that The Franchise was now working at Wal-Mart. Is this true?

I know Douglas has issues with drugs but I never knew it was at Rick James levels where he would blow that WCW money and be at this point.

He is a manger at Target. That's a job, a career. He can't perform anymore, so the indy circuit isn't a option. He's making a steady income and keeping his health and his sanity intact while Flair is paying off huge debts, wrestling into his 60's, getting divorced and getting his ass kicked by his daughter's boyfriend.

He teaches history at a middle school in Pennsylvania.

And Flair's not 60 years old, Choken. And he didn't get his ass kicked by his daughter's boyfriend.

I'm happy to hear Douglas got an oppourtunity to utilize his degree in education. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick Steiner go the teaching route in a few years as well.

This may be a bit of tangent but I was watching 24/7 and the roundtable on factions and Flair was gloating over the fact that The Franchise was now working at Wal-Mart. Is this true?

I know Douglas has issues with drugs but I never knew it was at Rick James levels where he would blow that WCW money and be at this point.

I'd say he actually has a better life than most of the wrestlers around his time period to never make it big. Manager, makes like 70 thousand a year, benefits, lots of vacation time that he uses for a signing or just to enjoy time with his family. It's not like he's a stock boy at Target like Justin Credible was.

He is a manger at Target. That's a job, a career. He can't perform anymore, so the indy circuit isn't a option. He's making a steady income and keeping his health and his sanity intact while Flair is paying off huge debts, wrestling into his 60's, getting divorced and getting his ass kicked by his daughter's boyfriend.

He teaches history at a middle school in Pennsylvania.

And Flair's not 60 years old, Choken. And he didn't get his ass kicked by his daughter's boyfriend.

I'm happy to hear Douglas got an oppourtunity to utilize his degree in education. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick Steiner go the teaching route in a few years as well.

Rick actually does Real Estate now and takes wrestling bookings on the side if I"m not mistaken.

He's really teaching now? My mistake.

Good for him.

I kinda wish he'd stayed behind the mic at least. He was always one of the best talkers for his generation.

Hey did they bring back D'Lo to do anything besides have a match with Santino every once in a while? He'd make a nice addition to the guys against Priceless.

Priceless are all Second/Third generation guys though. He wouldn't fit in. Plus, D'Lo is a face. By which I mean that I don't see him as a heel this time around. He just seems like a guy you'd wanna cheer no matter what.

Brutal. If it's drugs.. :lol: ..is anyone really stupid enough to bring drugs on an airplane or to the airport?? Seriously. If you need it that bad just find a dealer in the town you touch down in. Jesus..

Hey did they bring back D'Lo to do anything besides have a match with Santino every once in a while? He'd make a nice addition to the guys against Priceless.

Priceless are all Second/Third generation guys though. He wouldn't fit in. Plus, D'Lo is a face. By which I mean that I don't see him as a heel this time around. He just seems like a guy you'd wanna cheer no matter what.

Oh shit, sorry. No coffee make dubq something-something. :D

Brooke Hogan was on Howard Stern this morning. At the end of her segment, she said that Bubba the Love Sponge was the only one of her father's friends that hadn't made a pass at her at some point. When Howard asked if the Macho Man had ever hit on her, she implied that he did and said it was really awkward because he used to babysit her.