TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Google Chrome

Is anyone else getting an audible message playing, "Congratulations! You've been selected to win a(n) _____________. All you have to do is click on the..."?

There is no video anywhere. It will play with only one tab open, multiple tabs open, you name it. I only have one window open, with one singular tab, yet it plays every so often no matter what webpage I am on. The advertisement goes back and forth between two different items, and it always gets cut off before it is finished.

Guest Smues

That's an annoying as fuck pop up ad I've seen a zillion times over the last few years. Death to the people behind it.

Please don't use Google Chrome and switch to another browser. Chrome gives you an unique User ID during install, which can be potentially used by Google to track your Internet browsing activities over extended periods of time. This constitutes a privacy invasion, so we'd rather keep you (and us) in the safe side.

We'd prefer FireFox, it's one of the best and safest browsers.

Best regards,

SB-Innovation

That message came up when I tried to click a page on whatever SB-Innovation is (I got there through a search).

I know it left me with a bunch of GoogleUpdate processes attempting to run even after uninstalling.

I ended up uninstalling Google Chrome and the Google Updater. I run on about 1.5 Gig RAM and it was zapping nearly a third of it, which isn't good on a Vista run machine.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I would love Chrome if they would make a Linux version already. That said, it's my default browser at work- I love its speed, its simplicity,and its usefulness will only get better and better as time goes on. The search bar functionality (using keywords and then searching) takes some getting used to from the ease of the search bar, but one thing that I'm sure is never coming to that browser, unfortunately, is adblock, because it would really, really conflict with Google's interests.

You can do that in Firefox too.

There's no reason for me to switch until Chrome gets unencumbered extension functionality up and running and the background crap out. And whether in response or not, Private Browsing, speed increases, and functions to prevent full-on crashes, similar to Chrome, are either coming in 3.1 or other future iterations.

I split time between Chrome and Firefox, but I think I use Chrome more so I guess it's my main browser. The speed increase is really noticeable and is just too good to pass up.

We'll see what they do about extensions though as Adblock is the only thing Firefox really has over Chrome for me. It's telling though that pages still load much faster on Chrome even WITH all of the ads and flash ads and all that crap Adblock blocks out.

Guest Vitamin X

I have one minor gripe with Chrome, and that it doesn't seem to have smooth scrolling available at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Like, when you're scrolling up and down a page on the mouse wheel in Firefox, it goes down little by little, but Chrome seems to just go as if I'm pressing page-down really fast. It's a bit jarring.

I had to get rid of this. It may have just been my computer but it seemed to cause it to crash quite a bit. Especially if I was on JTV, or something else using flash, it would freeze up, and I'd have to restart (which is nothing new for Vista) but I had to do it a lot more often it seemed. Multiple times a day.

Since removing it, it doesn't really happen, so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. (Not to mention that font problem I asked about in the other thread) where I had to system restore.