TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Public Account 3

The Pit

Guest Public Account 3

Surrealist/IllustriousOne has closed down The Pit for his own reasons, nothing to do with TSM. Anyone from the Pit who wasn't banned here is more than welcome back.

Weird, I was at the Pit this morning, waiting to see the debate over the Palin pregnancy.

While I stopped posting there after the awful new layout, if Ill just closed it with no warning, that's a pretty dick move.

There are no Ifs...that's what happened. He hated the place, the domain expired so he said fuck it. No warning, nothing. It sucks, but what can you do...he owned the domain, so he can do as he pleases.

That board was not just TSM bashing, despite what some people here may believe.

The lack of basic respect and decency shown here is either shocking or telling or obvious, depending on, I suppose, your previous thoughts.

For instance, if you had asked me earlier if the admin of the board would be shitty enough to delete years of posts for any reason, I would have said no.

I would have been wrong.

The very least illmatic could apologize.

For instance, if you had asked me earlier if the admin of the board would be shitty enough to delete years of posts for any reason, I would have said no.

Yeah, it's a shame that the entire "Boardum" thread isn't preserved somewhere for the benefit of future generations. Society's loss, I guess.

I did indeed close down ThePit today. I did so for a few reasons, included but not limited to, the domain expiring.

Further than that? I just stopped having a use for it.

If finally getting tired of thanklessly running a messageboard full of the kinds of people whom inhabit ThePit makes me a dick? Well, whatever you've gotta tell yourselves to deal with it, I guess.

I won't be apologizing, nor doing anything that resembles anything remotely close to that. If you want to ream me out, please feel free to send any and all PMs to me, and I can assure you they'll be read. I can't say whether or not I'll respond, because as I told Jingus earlier this evening, time is at a premium for me, right now, and apart from that I can't see myself wanting to respond and address hate PMs. Go figure on that one.

Beyond that, I want to make it clear that this was something I did on my own, without influence or whatever from anyone here. I can tell you all that the administration here, obviously outside of myself, are very much interested in extending an olive branch to posters from The Pit who may have felt alienated or otherwise ostracized from here for any reason, whatever those may be.

Dissect at will, messageboard patrons.

Will Leena and MikeSC remain banned?

He ended up banned from there as well, IIRC.

However, netslob goes down as the only one to pull off the TSM/WDI/Pit banning trifecta. Truly a prestigious honor.

I can't remember if he was ever banned from WDI or not, or if he just disappeared. I know he was banned from TSM and New Millennium Blues.

The Pit will be back in a couple of days.

Jingus and the other admins are discussing the where and how, but I own a site that I don't use, which has an old version of The Pit backed up on it. It might be with a new domain and it might be with a new look for the board...one that actually works maybe even...but it's not like The Pit is dead and gone, it's just down for a few days, and it will be back soon enough.

There are too many people who want the place around (myself included) for it to disappear forever. And this doesn't have to be about some stupid Pit vs. TSM thing either...there is just a group of people who have grown accustomed to posting there that for whatever reasons don't want to post here. So for those people, and to give those who hated it so much something to hate, The Pit will be back...greener and more CONSERVATIVE than ever.

He ended up banned from there as well, IIRC.

Yeah, during the whole one-sided debate which provided the quote under your avatar. Watching him try to argue with Marney was like watching Kimbo Slice beat up a kid in a wheelchair.

I did indeed close down ThePit today. I did so for a few reasons, included but not limited to, the domain expiring.

Further than that? I just stopped having a use for it.

If finally getting tired of thanklessly running a messageboard full of the kinds of people whom inhabit ThePit makes me a dick? Well, whatever you've gotta tell yourselves to deal with it, I guess.

Getting tired of running a messageboard doesn't make you a dick. But, what you did, does.

greener and more CONSERVATIVE than ever.

Well I'm sold.

That was a joke. The primary skin for The Pit in most of it's previous incarnations has been green, and a lot of people who don't post there seem to think that EVERYBODY who posts at The Pit is some rabid right wing lunatic, even though many of the posters there never even post in the CE folder.