TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Football Manager 2009

*sigh* some day ill own a pc/laptop that can handle a football manager past 2006. This looks great and with the amount of developments it'll be almost a brand new game to me by the time I get to play a new one.

EDIT: The advancements etc look great. Being honest the backgrounds etc look as ugly as sin right now. What did they make it in? Internet Explorer 5?

The new features sound good...I like that in this uncertain world you can always depend on this game to be excellent :)

Be interesting to see how much money they allocate to Manchester City given recent events...

They've got enough time to shove a couple of hundred million in there. Realistically, they're not going to give them Robinho and not give them the money to pay him... what I'm interested in is what conclusion they come to about Newcastle (but then again, I'm interested in what conclusion Newcastle come to about Newcastle).

The 3D game model is interesting, although I do quite like the current version - apart from giving me happy flashbacks to Sensible World Of Soccer (now that was a game), the directly overhead view just seems more tactically informative.

Oh, happy memories of kicking arse with Wolves and buying every £15m striker going over a variety of seasons... but still keeping Steve Bull on the bench and bringing him on now and then, due to no-one ever ageing... but I digress. FM08/09, mmm, yes, looks interesting.

Good fucking shit, I'm just finishing up the installation right now.

The amount of bitching on SI forums is ridiculous, but then again people always complain about how they're not going to buy the game based off the demo every year.

I'm a regular on that forum huss (you may have noticed my user name.. Team Franchise 2008) but I must admit, while I dont like them bitching over a simple demo.. they have a point.

I was very disappointed with the Demo when I played it in the early hours, but I thought i'd get some sleep, watch the Derby/Forest game, then try it again later and give it a real second go.

It was the 3d and the typing bug that bugged me the most.. but we'll see later.

What do you think of it?

It's out in two days.

I dont believe i'll be getting it. The 3D fucked me off no end.

And the 2d isn't even as good as 08.

I'll be sticking with 08 until 10 comes out.. then they might have ironed out all the crap that appears wrong with the demo.

I've got a legit copy, and I'm currently looking for a cracked copy till Sega/SI sort their shit out. I got it at 9am this morning and it hasn't worked at all haha. Their authentication servers are fucked.

Yeah pretty much, the forums are currently fucked. Someone raised a valid point though. Nowhere on the FM09 box does it indicate that you need an internet connection or phoneline to activate and play the game.

To be the pirates YAAARGH! But apprently there's already a cracked version out there, so the pirates won and beat the legit people who spent money on the game to be frozen out due to down authentication servers haha awesome.

I fully expect this pirated version to have the same issues as FM08, with either only one season of playability or to have the bottom table clubs qualify for Europe. Nonetheless, everything seems to run a lot smoother over the demo version. I'm finally starting to enjoy 3D, with the elevated camera being my choice for the time being. I'll fuck around with it the rest of the weekend, but I'm sure in the end I'll end up importing it like every other year.

Real version now works and I'm enjoying it so far after getting past the over whelming feeling of everything new. Took over as Gateshead manager, might try my hand at a MLS team to see that all the fuss is about.

I'm having a bugger of a job getting it to work on the Mac. It keeps doing something so I appear to be permanently right-clicking, meaning I can no longer navigate, save, exit or anything...