TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NyqZoo

TNA Subliminal Message

I don't see this mentioned anywhere but apparently starting on the 14th of August there was a single frame flash of a message during the Christy Hemme v Taylor Wilde match. I noticed it during last weeks impact in the Petey Machismo tag match. It simply says whoissuicide.com.

Here's some video:

Rumors say its Kaz and has something to do with a storyline in the new video game.

The smiley face with barbed wire is actually kinda cool. Gives me a Watchmen feel. Maybe Foley won't be a giant waste of time and space in TNA.

you know, on last week's impact, I thought I was seeing weird flashes of words across the screen, but I just thought it was production errors or something. Anyone notice that every year around September, TNA signs somebody from WWE?

This whole Suicide character is definately going to happen, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him appear at the next ppv or something. They did a show devoted to the Impact game on GameTrailers TV last night on Spike and the wrestlers and even Dixie Carter herself were intereviewed about Suicide coming from the game and to become an actual worker on the roster soon. Dixie was mentioning that the company "did an extensive search" for the right person for the role, ie Kaz I'm sure.

Well, I meant something more serious and creepy, like Doink's first character, not Rocko the puppet. What was the point of Rocko anyway?

To appeal to children. I was a child at the time, and I thought it was really stupid.

Is TNA still considering putting Suicide in the PJB? Because he'll look out of place with them with the whole "I'm out for revenge against the people who did this to me" angle. The other 3 are comedy masked wrestlers.

I think this can go one of two ways. Either this is going to work very well, mabe Kaz can something unique with this character and people to like it. Or this is going to bomb big time, Jackass storyline big time, and the fans will shit on it out of the gate. I'm hoping for the former, but I'm afraid of the latter.

Well, I meant something more serious and creepy, like Doink's first character, not Rocko the puppet. What was the point of Rocko anyway?

To appeal to children. I was a child at the time, and I thought it was really stupid.

I thought he original heel Doink ruled. Then they turned him into a cartoony face.

You know what, I take it back.

If the ventriloquist is a bumbling idiot (Eric Young-esque) who's completely insane and a heel, and 'the dummy' keeps calling people out and insulting people 'against the ventriloquist's will', leading to him getting beaten up week in and week out, it'd be the best gimmick ever.

You know what, I take it back.

If the ventriloquist is a bumbling idiot (Eric Young-esque) who's completely insane and a heel, and 'the dummy' keeps calling people out and insulting people 'against the ventriloquist's will', leading to him getting beaten up week in and week out, it'd be the best gimmick ever.

That would be pretty funny, and oddly enough, it doesn't even seem out of place in TNA either, considering how crazy and bizarre their shows are.

But not as good as Kaientai as dubbed B-movie villains.

How the hell would you justify pushing someone called Suicide? Then again, just as much as you justify pushing someone called Homicide I guess. It's just something I can forsee a media shitstorm about, if the media actually cares about TNA.

There's a lot I don't like about this storyline and I'll admit I'm not a fan of a lot of these types of angles. I'm just not seeing how it helps Kaz in any way. First, let me say he isn't that bland, really. He can already talk, from what I've seen, but he needs an updated look, a compelling feud (in other words, not with the likes of Black Reign), a change back to his full name, some character tweaks and development, and that's it.

I mean, there are a lot of dumb things about this. First, TNA has taken one of their more exciting, possibly underrated wrestlers and rising stars off TV and away from the spotlight and minds of the fans while in the midst of a push. They intend on sticking him under a mask and full body suit when he should be getting exposure and further establishing himself. That's damn stupid, in my mind.

And now the set-up. Some character development as Kaz after the World X Cup would've been great. There are a lot of directions you could've gone, every one of them better than Suicide. I don't know, set him off on a mission of redemption. Hell, use it as an impetus for something more drastic, such as a shift in personality, or a heel turn. Again, as Kaz. By becoming depressed and morose, taking his ball and going home... basically quitting, honestly, makes him someone no one (or I, at the least) can get behind. To me it makes him unlikable and renders the World X Cup developments moot if he was just going to disappear right after.

Third is Suicide himself. His origin and cryptic messages have nothing to do with the way Kaz left, his motivations or anything, and the supposed direction he's set to take doesn't make sense either. Ultra serious Suicide... with the comedy jobber stable, the whatever Brotherhood. I don't like it.

There's the fact that they already did this. It's not exact, but still. It's similar to Curry Man's origin... and all taking place in less than a year, as well.

And the damn game is already out. It doesn't do much good to do all this now. Two months ago you might've gotten something out of it. Now Suicide's only real use is to justify pulling Kazarian.

I'm not with this. Period. It's just a total career derailer. Honestly, if I had to do Suicide, and as many wouldn't like it, I'd tap someone new to TNA or a wrestler who's already had their time with the company and could come back in a big storyline... and in turn, have it make more sense than using Kaz. If it doesn't work, fine, send him on his way and no one is the wiser. If it does, then there's an already made impact player who would have many directions to go in the company after he umasks. Furthermore...