TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Unforgiven 2008

Did Punk flunk a Wellness Test or something?

yeah wondering if it is just a storyline "holding down" of punk..time to try meltz if its up (acting funny before)

yeah wondering if it is just a storyline "holding down" of punk..time to try meltz if its up (acting funny before)

what?

So my favorite wrestler wins the world heavyweight title 20 minutes from my house and I'm not there. Son of a bitch.

I would have felt the same way if TBK would have won the WWE Championship. Then again, after seeing the Browns get thrashed, I'd have been pissed knowing I spent $50+ to go.

No.

So pissed though, wish I hadn't gotten the show.

So my favorite wrestler wins the world heavyweight title 20 minutes from my house and I'm not there. Son of a bitch.

I would have felt the same way if TBK would have won the WWE Championship. Then again, after seeing the Browns get thrashed, I'd have been pissed knowing I spent $50+ to go.

I spent the first quarter or so of the Browns game swearing at the TV, but when it became painfully obvious they were in way over their heads, I couldn't even get upset anymore... up until they kicked a field goal trailing by 21 points with 10 minutes left. Dumbasses.

Anyway, kinda hard to tell watching the stream, but I'm wondering how many people they actually had at the PPV tonight.

I spent the first quarter or so of the Browns game swearing at the TV, but when it became painfully obvious they were in way over their heads, I couldn't even get upset anymore... up until they kicked a field goal trailing by 21 points with 10 minutes left. Dumbasses.

Anyway, kinda hard to tell watching the stream, but I'm wondering how many people they actually had at the PPV tonight.

Looked full. Probably 12-14k.

It annoyingly abuses the "card subject to change" idea.

Punk aint hurt...and he's the champion of the flagship show. And they storyline yank him from the main event without any kind of "sportsentertainment" hint going in.

They wouldn't do that with Cena or HHH or Taker...which I guess says more of how little they think of Punk. Pissing of his fans isn't a concern.

Punk aint hurt...and he's the champion of the flagship show. And they storyline yank him from the main event without any kind of "sportsentertainment" hint going in.

They wouldn't do that with Cena or HHH or Taker...which I guess says more of how little they think of Punk. Pissing of his fans isn't a concern.

How much hell could a couple hundred people raise, anyway?

Heh...

It's pro wrestling, it's suppose to piss people off.

It's pro wrestling, it's suppose to piss people off.

Yep...

Get the audience as emotionally involved as possible.

How much hell could a couple hundred people raise, anyway?

Heh...

I laughed.

Piss people off...yes.

Pull the champion off the card with no warning or injury just because you can...not so cool.

There's no reason he couldn't compete in the match and lose. Even with the attack. They had a spot when Cena got hurt for Jericho to slither in at the end. It just shows that they didn't have this plan...TWO weeks ago.

Piss people off...yes.

Pull the champion off the card with no warning or injury just because you can...not so cool.

There's no reason he couldn't compete in the match and lose. Even with the attack. They had a spot when Cena got hurt for Jericho to slither in at the end. It just shows that they didn't have this plan...TWO weeks ago.

I have to admit, it's pretty cheezy having Jericho come out hurt, instead of Punk doing the EXACT same thing!

Wow, I can't believe that WWE came to their senses and put the title on the most entertaining guy in the company right now. However, CM Punk is BURIED after this though. I mean, the guy had the title for about 2 months, and then loses the title by being knocked out by the ultra lame kick of death, and then doesn't even wrestle the match. Wow. You know, CM Punk was really lucky to even have the title at all in WWE, so it doesn't shock me that they finally had enough of his title reign, but they shouldn't bury the guy that bad. Still, even if he was buried, they at least had a good alternative, Jericho. I said a few weeks back that instead of doing the obvious by putting the title on Orton, they should put it on Jericho, the best heel on the show, and maybe the promotion right now. Now the awesome Michaels/Jericho feud can be for the title, since it has been the only stuff worth watching on Raw the past few months.

JERICHO~!

Gotta love that Adamle Logic - Punk suffered a 10 second beat down and a kick to the head, so the buy who Shawn Michaels beat the shit out of is a suitable replacement.

I thought the Scramble idea started out promising with the ECW title match. It was fun and Matt acting like a mad man to keep the belt in the closing moments was great stuff. I was less happy with the SmackDown match (and God I hope JR made a mistake calling HHH a 13 time champion - by my interpenetration of the rules, he retained his title, he didn't win it again somehow) and just kind of "meh" on the concept by the main event. I guess the bottom line is you can have a bunch of mid-carders fight over the ECW title (or IC title or US title in the future) and it's fun stuff, but I don't think I want to see this format again next year for major title matches.

Though there was some interest in how the newness of the Scramble matches, it was really Jericho vs. Michaels stellar storyline that sold the PPV for me, and that was basically a decision I made earlier this afternoon after some thought during the week. I was happy with their match and even happier the feud is continuing at the World Title level. The undercard was what it was, but it was nice that the tag title match got more time than usual - it made the match seem important, which helps the titles, which obviously helps the title holders. I also don't know if Cryme Tyme was really underrated during their first run or if they've really improved because a lot of their double team moves are really fun to watch and they seemed to hold their own end of the match.

Reading the recaps, didn't Jericho pass out or something in his match with HBK because he didn't respond to the ref? How is he a suitable replacement? I love the fact that's the route they went, but it makes no sense the way it happened. HBK at least would have to be considered as the replacement, then have Jericho attack him or something and claim his spot.

... I also don't know if Cryme Tyme was really underrated during their first run or if they've really improved because a lot of their double team moves are really fun to watch and they seemed to hold their own end of the match.

I thought they performed admirably. Their timing was good, and Priceless made them look good, too. I look forward to more matches between these teams. Hopefully, another team will come along to expand the tag scene, though, 'cause just how much I can take is yet to be seen.

Reading the recaps, didn't Jericho pass out or something in his match with HBK because he didn't respond to the ref? How is he a suitable replacement? I love the fact that's the route they went, but it makes no sense the way it happened. HBK at least would have to be considered as the replacement, then have Jericho attack him or something and claim his spot.

Adamle seems to favor former world champions. Shawn was too elated about his new-found vicious streak and Jericho was there, so he got the spot. I don't remember Jericho doing anything at all except get knocked down as soon as he came in until he crawled in at the last second.