TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/11 - 9/13

I don't know what to say about Rutgers' awful performance tonight, but I do recall thinking Schiano was a sucker to not leave when he had the chance. They had their one good year and Schiano should have parlayed that into a bigger job. Instead he stayed, and now they suck.

Uh oh. iggy's predicted Ohio State winning outright. We all know this means USC will blow them out.

iggy is like the Sean Salisbury of TSM.

Yeah, I know nothing about college football. That's why I won the pick'em two years ago, and am currently ranked #1 in it.

Also, FWIW, Tressel said he was misquoted when he listed Beanie as doubtful and that what he was actually saying was that Beanie "would be doubtful if the game was Thursday". Honestly, I'm expecting he gets a cortisone shot or something and plays as well as ever.

The entirety of post-Miami/BC/VaTech Big East history has been an embarrassment, where've you been? Every team that gets good gets humiliated by the next "up-and-coming Big East sleeper team" who promptly slinks back to mediocrity once they've ruined the conference's hopes of stealing a national title.

The entirety of post-Miami/BC/VaTech Big East history has been an embarrassment, where've you been? Every team that gets good gets humiliated by the next "up-and-coming Big East sleeper team" who promptly slinks back to mediocrity once they've ruined the conference's hopes of stealing a national title.

Yeah, because that's way worse than losing every single nonconference game of note. :rolleyes:

I consider losing a national championship opportunity due to WVU losing to USF, then USF losing to Rutgers, as well as WVU losing to Pitt last year, far worse than USF losing to Kansas and WVU losing to ECU and whatever other losses you'd consider significant.

Get the "We have no shot at a national title and the whole conference isn't worth watching" out there early, don't wait until Thanksgiving to ruin my hopes.

So, should teams roll over for that one Big East team that's on a roll? Just for the sake of sending a Big East team to the title game? Fact: If they can't beat a team like USF or Pitt, they don't deserve a shot, period.

Damn why are people shitting all over USF? They were pretty good last year, including winning at Auburn. Also this game isn't over.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah what the hell is going on. I just tuned in and watched the Bulls score another easy touchdown.

I think Kotz has a good chance at being right at his prediction that this game would end up being better than OSU/USC. This second half has been incredible.

Awesome game tonight. I had no idea who was going to win it going in and it was back and forth throughout. USF looks like a solid pick at this point to win an otherwise mediocre Big East.

Hmmm.....I was at the movies and watching the game on the TV's they had in the lounge before the movie started. KU was up 20-10, I come home and find out they lost 37-34.

I keep wondering if KU is actually a program on the rise of if they're going to crash back down before too long. It's hard to get sustained success these days in the Big XII if your colors aren't crimson and cream or burnt orange. I wonder if anyone will snatch power back anytime soon.

Well, going into the season, it pretty much looked like Oklahoma>Missouri>Texas Tech>Texas>Kansas in the Big XII. It's really hard to ask too much from the 5th place team in the conference.

Well, going into the season, it pretty much looked like Oklahoma>Missouri>Texas Tech>Texas>Kansas in the Big XII. It's really hard to ask too much from the 5th place team in the conference.

Hey I lived in Kansas last year. I got to hear about how KU was going to destroy OU in the Big XII title game. Then of course they didn't make it and we destroyed Mizzou instead. So I got everyone complimenting my team for basically doing what they couldn't.

Then after the season I got to hear from all the KU fans about how KU was going to come into Norman this year and walk all over OU. I constantly laugh at that thought.

lolz Cal is already down 21-3 against Maryland. The Terps scored a total of 28 points in their first two games against Delaware and Middle Tennessee. Those 9:00 AM PST starts are a bitch.

This Michigan St./Florida Atlantic game is a complete slopfest with fumbles all over the place. The two QB's are a combined 8 for 30 passing.

Javid Best just puked gatorade everywhere after getting racked up on a busted screen pass. The ESPN cameraman was zoomed in at just the right time. Perfect.

I've seen people take hits like that in rugby a lot. Dude needs to man-up! lol

MARYLAND is just taking Cal to the woodshed right now, 28-6.

You can set your watch to Cal underachieving each year.

Ya but it's usually set to the second week of October.

Duke is up 41-31 against Navy. If they hold on they'd have their first two win season since 2004 and it'd be the first time since 2003 that they had a winning record at any point in a season.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Irish jump out to an early lead at home. Shocking. They capitalized on big-time special teams gaffes, and are doing a solid job containing Michigan's goofy gay-ass option bullshit.

God, even their punt formation is some kind of gadgety deal. Just line the fuck up and punt it!

Purdue is making #16 Oregon look bad.

Purdue were up 10-3 early, picked off an INT for around 60 yards and kicked a FG to make it 13-3, and then recovered the kickoff deep in Oregon territory.

They just moved the ball down to about the 2 yard line and will likely make it 20-3 at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

21-0 Notre Dame. As much as I like ND, these refs are even making me blush with that last PI call.