TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/11 - 9/13

So that USC team... they looked kinda good tonight.

The thing that actually surprised me the most is how OSU's O-line got dominated by the Trojan front four. They couldn't give Boeckman or Pryor time to throw at all.

I really can't see USC losing a regular season game now. They have the easiest road schedule I've ever seen and they're just too good to drop any games at home. Oklahoma's about the only team that even looks to be on their level this season.

LSU had a fun night against North Texas, en route to a 41-3 win...

Top RB Charles Scott finished the first half with 88 yards and 2 TDs on 3 rushes. (The two TD runs were 39 and 43 yards, respectively.)

RB/PR/KR Trindon Holliday, the #2 finisher in the 100M Dash in the NCAA Track finals, ran one punt back 92 yards for a TD (tied for 2nd-longest in LSU history behind Eddie Kennison's 100-yard return in the early 90s) and ran another back around 60 yards.

RB/KR Keiland Williams returned one kickoff back around 60 yards.

North Texas' only points came as the result of a drive started deep in LSU territory due to an INT by LSU QB Andrew Hatch.

UNLV has 1st and Goal with 1:05 left, down 20-13 against Arizona State. As if this day couldn't get worse for the non-USC subdivision of the Pac-10.

And a UNLV wideout makes a sick one handed catch to score the tying touchdown with 18 seconds left.

UNLV blocks the field goal in overtime, they win 23-20. Yup it's still USC and the Nine Dwarfs.

Good lord just think if Purdue doesn't remember they were Purdue in the second half, Oregon State would have been the only non-USC Pac-10 team to pick up a win today.

UNLV blocks the field goal in overtime, they win 23-20. Yup it's still USC and the Nine Dwarfs.

Good lord just think if Purdue doesn't remember they were Purdue in the second half, Oregon State would have been the only non-USC Pac-10 team to pick up a win today.

When *OREGON STATE* is one of the only teams in the Pac Ten doing good today, you know it's a bad day.

(I used to work with some Beaver fans, but GODDAMN that team has a shitty history. I think MAD used to use Oregon State vs. Northwestern as an example of a Rose Bowl that nobody could GIVE tickets away to.)

Uh oh. iggy's predicted Ohio State winning outright. We all know this means USC will blow them out.

iggy is like the Sean Salisbury of TSM.

Yeah, I know nothing about college football. That's why I won the pick'em two years ago, and am currently ranked #1 in it.

Hey Iggy, remember this?

Pac 10 in review this week:

USC- humbles Ohio State

UCLA- humilated by the Fightin Mormons

Arizona- loses to New Mexico

Arizona State- upset by UNLV in OT

Washington State- blown out by BAYLOR

Washington- destroyed by Oklahoma

Stanford- beat by TCU

Oregon- had to come back against Purdue

Oregon State- beat a shitty Hawaii team.

3-7 this week.

Again WTF Pac 10

Guest Vitamin X

Oregon's cheerleaders are the fuckin' best- we get this show here on Comcast Sportsnet on "The Girls of Oregon" and another one on the Blazer Dancers, both of which I think must've been intended to be spank material. Oregon State goes along with what Agent said about Purdue- it's most an agricultural and engineering school so the cheerleaders, hell the people there are what you expect. My friend who went there told me how boring and homogenized everyone there was.

I think it'll be interesting to see yet another USC-Oklahoma Title Game this year, especially with this season being Dama's return to TSM. Seeing as how I dislike SC as much as I do- formerly liking one school I thought I was going to go to (UCLA) and more than likely attending another Pac-10 school for grad school (either Cal or Oregon), that's not going to change much and my best friend goes to school at OU, so I'd probably root for the Sooners there.

Pac 10 in review this week:

USC- humbles Ohio State

UCLA- humilated by the Fightin Mormons

Arizona- loses to New Mexico

Arizona State- upset by UNLV in OT

Washington State- blown out by BAYLOR

Washington- destroyed by Oklahoma

Stanford- beat by TCU

Oregon- had to come back against Purdue

Oregon State- beat a shitty Hawaii team.

3-7 this week.

Again WTF Pac 10

That makes my league's day of Auburn beating Miss State by a goddamn baseball score (3-2), Kentucky barely beating Sun Belt team Middle Tennessee State (20-14), and Georgia winning a game they should have lost (14-7 over South Carolina) not look so bad in comparison.

I think it'll be interesting to see yet another USC-Oklahoma Title Game this year, especially with this season being Dama's return to TSM. Seeing as how I dislike SC as much as I do- formerly liking one school I thought I was going to go to (UCLA) and more than likely attending another Pac-10 school for grad school (either Cal or Oregon), that's not going to change much and my best friend goes to school at OU, so I'd probably root for the Sooners there.

Well I mean I'd be rooting for OU if that were the case, but I'd have probably zero confidence in them winning going into the game. Mainly because USC looks very very good and OU's recent bowl track record.

Basically I'm not trusting OU until they do it this year. If OU does end up playing USC and gets trounced again I'll be upset but it'll be pretty low-key because I'd have been prepared for it and would've been expecting it.

Plus everyone is giving the Big XII to OU or Mizzou and both have to play Texas this season. I keep thinking my fellow Sooner fans are completely overlooking Texas. I'm not really worried about a possible Big XII title game date with Mizzou just because of the way we've handled them the last two years.

Think Oklahoma will jump Georgia in the polls?

Almost certainly, which will bring on a ton of complaining from down south about how Oklahoma didn't have to beat a "tough SEC team" like South Carolina and instead got to beat up on a weak Pac-10 team in Washington. And yes, the latter part of that statement is true (Washington sucks something fierce), but I still think based on the games so far this year, Oklahoma looks considerably more impressive than Georgia (a major reason being that Sam Bradford is 10 times the QB that Matt Stafford is). More bad news for Georgia is that their marquee OOC game next week against ASU looks a lot less impressive after Arizona State got beat by UNLV, they may still be ranked but it will probably be in the 20s.

Right now my prediction would be USC vs. Big 12 winner (either Oklahoma or Missouri) for the championship.

Just for the heck of it, I made a rough Top 25 although it really feels like I'm reaching for teams toward the bottom:

1. USC

2. Oklahoma

3. Florida

4. Missouri

5. Georgia

6. Texas Tech

7. Penn State

8. Auburn

9. LSU

10. Wisconsin

11. Ohio State

12. Texas

13. South Florida

14. Alabama

15. Oregon

16. BYU

17. Kansas

18. East Carolina

19. Utah

20. West Virginia

21. Florida State

22. TCU

23. North Carolina

24. Virginia Tech

25. Vanderbilt

I-AA scores of note...

#4 Richmond b. Towson 45-14

#5 Montana b. Southern Utah 46-10

#6 Delaware b. West Chester 46-20

#7 James Madison b. #3 Massachusetts 52-38 Note: JMU ran 58 and passed 9

#13 South Dakota State b. #15 Western Illinois 24-22

#17 Georgia Southern b. Northeastern 34-27 in OT

#18 Elon b. Presbyterian 66-12

#19 Central Arkansas b. Ark-Pine Bluff 41-17

#20 Eastern Illinois b. Indiana State 38-3

#23 Youngstown State b. Central State 38-0

#25 Liberty b. Western Carolina 19-16

That was the best game I ever went to. Just fuckin' blasted them.

Still gotta play the games, but this team should make it to the Title Game.

I went to the abortion that was Penn State-Syracuse. Hopefully the Robinson era will soon be over at SU. Joe Pa was kinda a dick using time outs to get the ball back up 32-3 with a minute to go in the first half.

Auburn- Miss State was the most peveriously enjoyable game I've ever watched.

Pervertedly maybe?

I say it was a great game because the crowd was living and dying on every play. Tennessee had a good showing against UAB, and it's good to see the defense went the whole game without allowing a touchdown. I got a feeling about it this year. Not like an indefatigable resolve that we'll win, but more like knowing it's going to be a good game. Good game means the victor isn't known until more than 59 minutes have elapsed. Think 2004. I think this favors Tennessee as the home team. Florida's giving 7.5, but it's going to be way closer. It's a pick'em as far as I'm concerned.

So according to ESPN it's going to be USC vs. OU or Mizzou. Hmmm.....I know all three have looked good early on, but methinks it's too early to start handing out trophies in mid-september. Then again what's new? Mark May's probably happier than a pig in shit that USC is on top again. He loves him some Trojans.

I like Ray Maualuga though. That dude's fucking mean. He plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

He plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

:lol:

I just felt like I had to bust that one out after hearing it at rugby practice the other day.

One of my teammates is probably one of the meanest and dirtiest players I've met in this level of rugby. We were doing basically a scrimmage and someone tried to tackle him and he basically punched the dude then stiff-armed another guy to the ground and then stepped on the next guy that was trying to tackle him.

Someone that was at only like his second practice goes "I love this guy! He plays the game like it's supposed to be played! Kicking ass!" The thought came to my head while seeing Maualuga play.

Also Lee Corso from the NCAA video games saying "rough and tumble with no apologies!" just suddenly popped into my head and made me laugh.

Also, "WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE"

At least they're just playing football, god help us if they were to dunk a basketball with no regard for human life. Lebron James is #1 on the FBI's Most Wanted list for that act of depravity.