TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - September 8, 2008

At Unforgiven, Chris Jericho experienced both one of the lowest and one of the highest points of his impressive career. Despite receiving a righteous beating at the hands of Shawn Michaels earlier in the night, the first-ever Undisputed Champion went on to win the first-ever World Heavyweight Championship Scramble. Having beat out four other Superstars to win the gold, who will World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho defend the title against first? And now that he has proven himself as Raw’s “top-dog,” can the rivalry between Jericho and HBK be put to bed? Now that he’s defeated his rival and new World Heavyweight Champion, what does this mean for Shawn Michaels’ future and career?

Jericho was not originally scheduled to be part of the Scramble, and only received his slot after then-World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk was stripped of the title after he was rendered unable to defend it. The Straightedge Superstar was attacked in the locker room area by Randy Orton along with World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase and Manu, the son of WWE Hall of Famer Afa. With the championship gold around the waist of Jericho, and a team of impressive second and third-generation Superstars to blame, who will feel Punk’s wrath first? Also, what is the nature of the alliance between Orton, Rhodes, DiBiase & Manu? Have they forged a new coalition of ruthless Superstars?

World Tag Team Champions Rhodes & DiBiase’s performance wasn’t solely limited to the beating they administered to the former World Heavyweight Champion, however. The two also successfully defended their titles against Cryme Tyme, proving that there’s more to these competitors than impressive last names. With the more experienced Randy Orton seemingly in their corner, who will fall at the World Tag Team Champions’ feet next?

For the answers to these questions and more, make sure to tune in to Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT only on USA Network.

I really am looking forward to Adamle explaining all of this on Raw. Sadly this usually leads to me hearing a promo that explains nothing and moves on to the next plot, but we'll see.

I hope Jericho gloats how he never gave up like Austin to Bret after Wrestlemania 13. And on top of that, he should say he left a World Champion, while Shawn still left with nothing.

I would almost bet that Batista will challenge for the title tonight because he "got robbed". He'll lose again, and beat the tar out of Jericho after the match. Punk then cashes in the rematch clause and pins Jericho, once again winning the title due to Batista destroying his opposition. Batista snaps, starts destroying everything that moves, and we end up with Raw's big faces being CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Kofi Kingston...and that's it.

I don't think you can use your rematch stip anytime you want like the MitB.

Punk dropping the belt without losing it gives room for a title match but now isn't the time.

I would almost bet that Batista will challenge for the title tonight because he "got robbed". He'll lose again, and beat the tar out of Jericho after the match. Punk then cashes in the rematch clause and pins Jericho, once again winning the title due to Batista destroying his opposition. Batista snaps, starts destroying everything that moves, and we end up with Raw's big faces being CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Kofi Kingston...and that's it.

If that's the case and we get a Team Michaels vs. Team Jericho Survivor Series match, I'm down for that.

Team Michaels: HBK, Punk, Mysterio, Kingston vs. Team Jericho: Jericho, Cade, Batista, Orton? I think naturally, judging from the Batista-Michaels storyline, that somehow, some way, Jericho and Batista have to align, to take out the trash they call Michaels.

Then we can get Diesel's return and have some tag matches between the four. Two dudes with attitudes vs. Batista/Jericho would be something. Drag that shit out until Mania and we get HBK vs. Jericho in a ladder match, ironman, or something sort of stipulation match for the World Title, Michaels wins and the blowoff is OFFICIAL once and for all.

In the mean time, we get Jericho, while not feuding with Michaels for a brief cooling down period, can defend the strap against Diesel, Punk, Mysterio, or even Kane, if he's a face by then.

Hmm......... I just hope the WWE has some sort of long term booking starting tonight, but I highly doubt it.

If that's the case and we get a Team Michaels vs. Team Jericho Survivor Series match, I'm down for that.

Team Michaels: HBK, Punk, Mysterio, Kingston vs. Team Jericho: Jericho, Cade, Batista, Orton? I think naturally, judging from the Batista-Michaels storyline, that somehow, some way, Jericho and Batista have to align, to take out the trash they call Michaels.

Orton wll have his own 3G Stable by the time SS comes around, so aligning with Jericho isn't probable. I wouldn't try to think 2 months in advance with this storyline progression. Luckily, they have alot of viable alternatives but expect either the safe route or the worst possible outcome.

Orton wll have his own 3G Stable by the time SS comes around, so aligning with Jericho isn't probable. I wouldn't try to think 2 months in advance with this storyline progression. Luckily, they have alot of viable alternatives but expect either the safe route or the worst possible outcome.

Key word here is alternatives. This is so much fresher than when Cena ruled Raw. In fact, he actually makes it more interesting when he does return. Where will he fit in? At this rate, if Batista does turn like I and so many others want him to, we'll basically have the same amount of top faces and top heels.

I guess Cena can do his own thing and just be a loner or something. I will say one thing though, if Cena is the one who ends Jericho's title run, I will not be impressed. Let Cena get his groove back for a bit, and then maybe around next year's Survivor Series or something, give him the strap.

Cena either goes after Batista or he helps Cryme Tyme get revenge vs. Orton's crew.

Meltzer mentioned last night that this new stable could be the new Evolution. So when is Orton going to be cleared to wrestle?

If anything, in regards to Batista-Orton, I hope they don't feud, but as both being heels have a natural respect for each other from their Evolution days, and Batista can be the unofficial member of Orton's group. Maybe a hired henchman or something. Eventually, if Orton and Batista somehow align, I hope the payoff is that they beat the SHIT out of Triple H.

It's about time, someone gave him the beating of a life time, especially after how Triple H and evolution beat the crap out of Orton. Just once, I'd like to see HHH get his ass kicked by a stable or something.

Hi guys, new to the board. Anyway, I remember when this NextGen stable was rumored Punk's name was thrown around as a possibility. I wonder if there's a chance of that still. I'd rather see Punk form his own stable....possibly of guys like him who came up from scratch who unlike him never got a real shot at stardom. Could be the making of a nice fued between them and the 2nd/3rd generation silver spooners. I'd love to see some legit stables, it's been awhile.

Here's what I think happens concerning CM Punk tonight.

Punk tries to cash in his rematch clause but Orton interrupts him and we have a match between the two, Team Priceless runs in for a beatdown, kicking off a feud.

Afa Jr. looks like he is already plugged as the bruiser.

It would seem as if DH Smith would be more logical then Primo, especially since DH has a bigger family history in WWE lore, while Pedro Colon wasn't and that seems to be the point with these guys. It's slighty annoying that they'll probably refer to themselves as second generation stars despite Randy and Dibiase being 3rd generation.

It would seem as if DH Smith would be more logical then Primo, especially since DH has a bigger family history in WWE lore, while Pedro Colon wasn't and that seems to be the point with these guys. It's slighty annoying that they'll probably refer to themselves as second generation stars despite Randy and Dibiase being 3rd generation.

DH Smith is on SD! though.

What about 'next generation'?

Not sure Afa will fit the bill. He looked pretty tiny other than being fat. If they arent gonna go the samoan savage route again(and obviously they arent) I think he will flop. It's a shame Teddy Hart fired, he'd have fit nicely. What an idiot.

And yes, I've come to this conclusion after seeing Afa just once lol

maybe this idea will translate to Smackdown where Carlito starts his own next gen stable with Smith, Nattie, ummm Chavo?

Not sure Afa will fit the bill. He looked pretty tiny other than being fat. If they arent gonna go the samoan savage route again(and obviously they arent) I think he will flop. It's a shame Teddy Hart fired, he'd have fit nicely. What an idiot.

And yes, I've come to this conclusion after seeing Afa just once lol

Yeah, but you don't need to be huge to be a bruiser. Arn Anderson was in that role in the Horseman for a decade, as long as they book Afa Jr. as a legit tough guy he can work in that role just fine. If anything being not as big can cause a weird Napoleonic complex where he has to be that much bigger, badder, and tougher than everyone else. Actually... I'm sorta surprised they didn't retool Deuce and put him in the group.

Dibiase Jr and Snuka Jr.? I mean...

Raw notes

Many of the ECW guys are in the building and one report has Evan Bourne supposed to be featured early on the show tonight. C.M. Punk will not be there selling the attack from last night.

F4W

Absolute burial. He won't even be on the show!

Yeah, Punk is losing that feud to Orton. He needs to win it now but I just don't know if he will considering the situation. I can say the one positive is he didn't get pinned to lose the title, so he's got that going for him. And umm, well he's not facing HHH. So that's a pair of positives.

But wow, Jericho comes out looking like a GOD. He gets the hell beat out of him by HBK and STILL wins the World title. I think this might be the strongest Jericho has ever looked in his whole WWE run. He needs a very long run now, I'd say send him all the way to Mania with it or until at least the Rumble.

Jericho won the title by slipping on a banana peel. It's the execution of the follow-up that will determine how good this turns out for him (and based on the Shawn stuff, I expect 'very good' - I really hope I'm not just getting my hopes up).

Well, he beat the champ in his hometown. HBK didn't really get his revenge because Jericho never quit and he STILL had success later in the show, further denying Michaels. If he wins tonight or has a amazing promo, he's in business for a long run. Anything less than a long run after what has been a surprisingly successful (so far) heel turn would be destructive.

Whether he works in the role or not, it might be an idea to give Afa Jr. a wardrobe that doesn't make him look like an Indy version of Umaga.

This is a true statement. I know Samoans love them some 3/4 length tights, but he could keep the color scheme and go the Samoa Joe shorts route and work with the rest of the group. Keep the madman hair though, I love me some mad man hair.

Well, he beat the champ in his hometown

This is key, because I don't think it ever once came up again after the fact (making the booking of it a bit baffling). Now would be a good time to integrate it.