TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

Promo: Empty Arena?

Alan Clark.

An empty arena.

Alan has been here before, but the circumstances were very different. Alan fought Landon Maddix, promising to knock him out cold in the center of the ring. With the help of the Ordonez Tempest Driverbomb, he did just that. This time, however, it is not about Landon Maddix – or is it?

“Everything good, Walter?” Alan is standing in the middle of the ring and staring into the camera, which would seem to be being operated by one Walter Reynolds. Behind him, we can see the arena is completely empty and every single light is on, allowing the viewer at home to see every corner of the building.

“Yes, think so.”

“Good. Last time I stood in an arena like this I told the world that I was standing in front of every single Landon Maddix fan. Now, it would appear that this arena is full of all of my fans instead. But today, is about the future - the future that is the Insane Luchador and some crazy wheel full of weapons. This has to be some kind of sick joke. This has to be the revenge of Landon Maddix on Alan Clark, for beating him in the Empty Arena, for taking his USJL Triple Crown, for taking his…world…championship. Why else would he put me into a ring surrounded by weapons against the Insane Luchador?”

“I don’t know, boss.”

“That was a rhetorical question.” A small apology can be heard from the big man as Alan continues. “Rickmen, we haven’t had much of a past together. In fact, we’ve barely even been in the ring with each other. There is one time however, that you were in the ring with me, and you could have done the right thing. SJL Metal, that final show in front of all of our dearest fans and every single wrestler on the roster. Nobody was there to see Landon Maddix walk out with the SJL World Championship. Nobody was there to see me and Landon shake hands and hug and do all that other ‘I love you, man’ stuff. They wanted to see Alan Clark, the HERO, defeat Landon Maddix. You were the referee that night, Andrew. You were not supposed to play fair. That was the biggest night of my career at that point, Andy, and you ruined it and sent me on a downward spiral that I didn’t spin out of until I slammed Landon Maddix’s skull into the middle of this damn ring!!!” Alan’s fists clench as he steps even closer to the camera.

“I don’t need weapons to win a match! I might have went after Todd Royal with a chair, and Thugg with everything imaginable, but you would have too. Just like you did with Va’aiga. You tried every trick in the book – and lost. Is this how you are going to make up for that? Are you going to attack me with a chair, a table, a ladder, a pipe, or a freaking candlestick? Michael Alexander has your world title shot in his hands, now. I could have been just like everyone else and whined and cried my way into a so-called ‘rematch’ at Genesis. You could have too. It could be all four of us running around a ring for the biggest prize in the damn company, but because I wanted to be civil about things and EARN my ride back to the top of the mountain, Landon Maddix decided he was going to put me through this. I don’t need weapons to win a match!” Alan repeats, again and again, “I don’t need weapons to win a match. I don’t need weapons to win a match. I don’t care if Mistress Sarah tells us that pool toys are legal, I am not even going to try and compete on –your- level. The World Championship isn’t about hitting someone with a chair, climbing a ladder, or setting yourself on fire. It is about being the best wrestler in the ring and proving it night after night after night. So at Genesis, my first Genesis, I am going to prove that I am the best wrestler in that ring.

No…

Weapons…

Needed…

I hope that you, and all of my fans, can live with that. Spin, spin away, Mistress Sarah, and Rickmen…prepare to be rocked.”

Fade.

Sign in to follow this