TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Covering Coverage

Nobody, besides maybe Palin, is even close to Huckabee for the next GOP nomination.

Newt Gingrich.

I get his American Solutions email updates.

I dont think he'd be interested in going back in to politics though.

And Im upset that you couldnt even mention Bobby Jindal or even you know who.

Nobody, besides maybe Palin, is even close to Huckabee for the next GOP nomination.

Newt Gingrich.

Are Republicans in their own little world so much that the Contract with America was a failure with everyone outside the Republican base, that Gingrich spent his entire speakership getting his ass handed to him by Bill Clinton and the House Democrats, and that after losses in the 1998 election, Gingrich resigned because the Hpuse Republicans had lost all faith in his leadership?

I don't know for sure, but I think this idiot is serious.

OK, so the Alinsky-Obama connection is real. But the full truth about Alinsky, and whom he admired, is so wacky, or so horrible, that even the media have been reluctant to get into the story. And so it has received relatively little play. Oh sure, if John McCain had expressed admiration for a Lucifer admirer, that would have been news, but as we all know, there’s a media double standard on such things. That media bias is lamentable, of course, but for a Republican, it’s part of the strategic landscape—one more roadblock to factor into any GOP victory strategy.

Speaking of McCain, he would seem to have the greatest interest in taking Obama down a peg—or, according to the latest calculation from RealClearPolitics, about seven points in the polls. So why hasn’t he highlighted the Alinsky-Lucifer connection? Why hasn’t the McCain-Palin ticket raised this issue, knowing full well that if the candidates say it, reporters have to cover it? Good questions. Did I mention that the Republican nominee is down seven points?

Newt isn't anywhere near a position for 2012 or any other election any other year.

And good luck to Bobby Jindal after this year's GOP election stretegy.

I don't know for sure, but I think this idiot is serious.

OK, so the Alinsky-Obama connection is real. But the full truth about Alinsky, and whom he admired, is so wacky, or so horrible, that even the media have been reluctant to get into the story. And so it has received relatively little play. Oh sure, if John McCain had expressed admiration for a Lucifer admirer, that would have been news, but as we all know, there’s a media double standard on such things. That media bias is lamentable, of course, but for a Republican, it’s part of the strategic landscape—one more roadblock to factor into any GOP victory strategy.

I don't understand this one bit. There are all of these McCain supporters who are chomping at the bit to see the media play every single possible scandal they can conjure up, but the line that is always used when they inevitably don't for one reason or another is, "well, we all know that if McCain did something like this, the liberal media would've been all over it." Except the liberal media has dedicated scores more hours to the Wright/Ayers/ACORN issue than any of McCain's dealings in the past, most notably the Keatings 5 issue. Has the K5 thing seen any play time at all? It would be nice to parrot the double standard line, but it just undeniably fails to live up to reality.

I think At Home summed that up nicely.

Another thought on 2012...if Palin does run, to say that I will find great amusement in seeing the other candidates attacking her is putting it mildly.

I really enjoyed the "Gaffe-In" segment on the Daily Show last night, especially the John Kerry comedy album (minus Jon Stewart laughing at his own jokes).

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...;title=Gaffe-In

Another thought on 2012...if Palin does run, to say that I will find great amusement in seeing the other candidates attacking her is putting it mildly.

She's going to be the Huckabee of 2012. She's going to get ripped up in the crossfire between Newt and Romney.

And Newt and Romney is the biggest bout of Evil Genius VS Complete Idiot in ages.

Someone should ask John Edwards, Joe Lieberman, Jack Kemp, Dan Quayle, Geraldine Ferraro, Walter Mondale, or Bob Dole if THEY consider being a failed vice presidential candidate to be stepping stone to the White House.

In all of American history, it has only happened once.

Joe Biden interview from a Local TV station here in Florida. Lots of people are calling it a ambush from a anchor that has been in town for over 20 years. It would be funny if she got fired over this cause she's been mailing it in for years. Oh and I forgot how to embed videos on here.

"How is Senator Obama not being a Marxist if he intends to 'spread the wealth around'?"

Best question ever.

I must have missed the speech where Obama encouraged supporters to take control of the means of production and adopt a state of collective ownership of all property.

Oh yeah and afterwards, WFTV wanted to interview Joe Biden's wife and Obama basically told them to go fuck themselves.

Oh yeah and afterwards, WFTV wanted to interview Joe Biden's wife and Obama basically told them to go fuck themselves.

225px-Richard_Cheney_2005_official_portrait.jpg

"Good for them!"

I'll be glad when this is over if only because these fucking "[Candidate X] voted with Bush [insert percentage greater than 50% here]" ads will be off my TV screen. Even if it's true, hearing it for three straight political ads in a row gets kind of sickening after a while. Think of something else, would ya?

USA Today had a story about CNN's election coverage today.

Pundits and guests over satellite will appear in hologram. Seriously. Like Vader talking to the generals and Palpatine.

0000starwarsdancer4ih3lg.gif

Apparently there's now a class on How to Be a TV News Douchebag Pundit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/fashion/...amp;oref=slogin

Got to love a "correction" to the story:

Correction: November 2, 2008

An article last Sunday about learning to be a political pundit on television referred incorrectly to the Fox program “Hannity & Colmes.” Its hosts present opposing conservative and liberal views on issues; it is not a conservative show.

I'm watching election coverage on Fox News, because I don't want to get to overly excited.

They're being really...muted. Plus, they're running all kinds of fun election facts at the bottom of the screen.

So how did Fox News really react? I didn't catch much of it...whenever I flipped over, I do agree that they seemed pretty "muted." Can't say they seemed overtly sad or angry about the outcome though. I'm sure most of them realized what was going to happen, inevitably.

Their coverage overall was pretty vanilla, though Brit Hume was hosting and you can't really call him an "emotional" guy.

After Obama was declared the winner, Rove started acting like an expert with detailed analytical insights instead of a partisan hack.

After Obama was declared the winner, Rove started acting like an expert with detailed analytical insights instead of a partisan hack.

Yeah, I did see a bit of that. He started talking about the whole country needing to get behind the new president, etc.

Not a particularly useful clip, but fascinating for its train-wreck qualities.

Gore Vidal vs. the BBC over the election...

Not a particularly useful clip, but fascinating for its train-wreck qualities.

Gore Vidal vs. the BBC over the election...

Wow, Vidal has been hitting the drink, hasn't he? I mean, he sounds completely BLITZED.