TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Covering Coverage

The new contender for pinnacle of success in journalism: your own propaganda concert tour!

Wait, even better....your own propaganda concert tour headlined by Hannah Montana's dad and that guy who illegally sold weapons to Iran back in the 80s!

hannityfreedom.jpg

I think I know what's REALLY going on here:

Hannity & Colmes are breaking up.

I had a feeling that would happen after Obama won.

Wait, even better....your own propaganda concert tour headlined by Hannah Montana's dad and that guy who illegally sold weapons to Iran back in the 80s!

Speaking of which, this piece of amazing scholarship was on the reading list for the International Intelligence class that I'm taking this semester:

NorthbookcoverImage9.jpg

My intel prof is a far right-wing ideologue. I've learned this semester, for instance, that Africa is just one big festering piece of shit and that we need to return to colonialism, torture doesn't work but we should do it anyway, and that all Democratic presidents are anti-intelligence. The guy also mangles basic facts and can't talk--John McClain lost the election to Obama, that large country with Kiev as its capital is Ukrainia, etc.

But I've basically decided to bite my tongue, since I may need a job reference from this guy.

Guest Czecherbear
The punctuating theme music to the show's countdown is the opening eight beats of the second movement, a scherzo, of Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125, the "Choral". The theme is a historical reference to NBC's pioneering newscast Huntley-Brinkley Report with Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, which featured the scherzo of Beethoven's 9th over the credits.

My intel prof is a far right-wing ideologue. I've learned this semester, for instance, that Africa is just one big festering piece of shit and that we need to return to colonialism, torture doesn't work but we should do it anyway, and that all Democratic presidents are anti-intelligence. The guy also mangles basic facts and can't talk--John McClain lost the election to Obama, that large country with Kiev as its capital is Ukrainia, etc.

But I've basically decided to bite my tongue, since I may need a job reference from this guy.

Why is it so wrong to insist on political nuetrality from faculty in the university classroom or only citing information that can actually be proven or defended with scholarly works?

I also don't understand the conservativwe obsession with the term "radical Islam". We're not fighting them because of their religious views, we are fighting them because they are terrorists or (supposedly) pose a threat to American safety or world peace.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They pose a threat to American safety solely because they're religious whackos.

And not because they like to fly planes into buildings and blow shit up?

We're at war with them because of what they've done or we think they're planning to do, not because of what they believe.

Erm, ideology and action are fundamentally inseparable.

There's a difference between hating someone and punching them in the face.

We're not trying to stop people from believing in radical Islam, we're trying to stop them from committing acts of terrorism. Look at Iran...the only thing we care about is keeping them from having nukes and supporting terrorists. If we cared if they beleived in radical Islam, wed have already invaded. That's because we are at war with terrorism (hence the official term coined by the U.S. government: "War on Terror"), not radical Islam specifically.

When North and others keep using the phrase "Radical Islam" it makes it sound like we are at war with a sect of a religion, when we are not. The U.S. does not fight religious wars.

More MSNBC silliness...

David Vitter uses naughty language--with someone besides a hooker, anyways (0:52)--and MSNBC reports it ACCURATELY (3:40)...and whackiness ensues (6:05).

Not even amusing in a "I can't beleive these idiots are seriously talking about this" kind of...oh, wait a second.

Nevermind.

Memo to CNN: She's not someone you want near a live mic.

Memo to Czech: Hey, remember that one time at the The Pitt when everyone jumped my ass for using that same line on Marney? Sigh. Good times.

Samuel Wurzelbacher, also known as 'Joe the Plumber,' is in Israel working as a rookie war correspondent, where he said Sunday that he believes journalists should be abolished from reporting from war zones. (Jan. 11)

What...the...fuck????

The persistence of Joe the Plumber and the continued cable tv success of Sean Hannity shouldn't give their party much hope for 2010.

He gave it all up because he didn't want that bastard Obama to come take all his money. And he didn't have time to get a plumbing license with his busy schedule of trying to ridicule war correspondents while he he reports from the Middle East theater.