TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Covering Coverage

Since I went back to the San Fran area, I can finally see Fox Business since it wasn't available in Vegas during the time I had cable.

Basically, it's just a second channel of Fox News. I really tried to take it seriously as a business channel, even as one spouting off a lot of opinion (especially since CNBC just had that soapbox guy linked to in the economy thread), but when I head "coming up next, Ann Coulter" I had to turn it off. What the fuck does she know about economics?

I have no idea what thats supposed to mean.

I cant stand her smug look behind Obama every 5 seconds.

And yet she's more popular than your impeccably coifed hero:

Pelosi

Favorable 43

Unfavorable 39

Mittens Romney

Favorable 34

Unfavorable 46

So the Republican response is the highly expected, "Only way to fix things is with more tax cuts" ignoring that this rhetoric has been going on for the last 30 years and has helped get us to the current problem. Also ignoring that the super wealther actually prospered quite well under Bush, and it didn't translate to jobs jobs jobs as promised.

Nancy Pelosi is from Baltimore, Marvin. I thought that might have been something you would have heard at some point but, again, that's one of the drawbacks of allowing some guy on tv/radio to form all of your thoughts and opinions for you.

Nancy Pelosi is from Baltimore, Marvin. I thought that might have been something you would have heard at some point but, again, that's one of the drawbacks of allowing some guy on tv/radio to form all of your thoughts and opinions for you.

I had no idea.

Guest Czech please!

Poor old Jindal's gonna get it from the racists on both sides. In no way viable. Palinites won't support anyone darker than they are, and the other side is gonna call him a token and a "traitor to his race" (though I've never known Indians to be particualarly beholden to ward bosses or any of that from either side but then again I don't write comments at The Huffington Post). That said, I'm puzzled as to why he gave a rebuttal that didn't really match up with Obama's speech. Was he was watching Imaginary C-SPAN?

Poor old Jindal's gonna get it from the racists on both sides. That said, I'm puzzled as to why he gave a rebuttal that didn't really match up with Obama's speech. Was he was watching Imaginary C-SPAN?

I think it was ABC that mentioned that the GOP put together their "reaction" well in advance so it wasn't really a direct "reaction" to Obama's speech last night.

Well look at the GOP's response to Obama running/winning. First it was Palin, then Michael Steele, then Jindal....see a pattern here? Problem is it doesn't change the fact that their policies remain way out of whack with the American people.

Jindal supports a ban on all abortion, no exceptions. There's his ticket to the whitehouse!?!

Guest Czech please!
Poor old Jindal's gonna get it from the racists on both sides. That said, I'm puzzled as to why he gave a rebuttal that didn't really match up with Obama's speech. Was he was watching Imaginary C-SPAN?

I think it was ABC that mentioned that the GOP put together their "reaction" well in advance so it wasn't really a direct "reaction" to Obama's speech last night.

Well then that's a pretty grievous tactical error and it makes them look like a bunch of fools. Can't get deked like that. Surely they had enough time to prepare a response to what was actually said?

And Jindal has been in the pipeline since at least the middle of 2005, NoCalMike. It's not like they just pulled him out of their ass and said "here you go." Oh well. Another abortion nut when now is hardly the time to worry about that. Man, they have more failed prospects than the Cubs.

They always prepare their speeches in advance, don't they? You don't really have much time to write a speech in the ten minutes between speech end and time for rebuttal.

Guest Czech please!

Right, but they always end up getting leaked, don't they? I knew that Jindal was zigging when he should have been zagging a couple hours before the address, just from reading that Ben Smith blog.

Ah, Czech is a Politico reader.

I do agree with Czech; this was a bad move. Maybe they thought they knew what type of speech Obama was going to do, and he pulled an audible, leaving Jindal out to dry.

Jindal's response reminded me of the showdown in Canadian parliament last year; where the Liberals responded with a grainy, extreme close-up, YouTube webcam looking video of Stephane Dion delivered five minutes late in response to a well-produced video of Stephen Harper sitting at a desk and smiling and calling anyone who voted Bloc a nation traitor but looking good while doing so.

That awful vid was the breaking point that ended Dion as leader, and I suppose we'll stop hearing about what a "star" Jindal is now.

That could have, conceivably, be a Republican talking point. Unfortunately, that would require alternate worlds and shit. The people of NOLA had already been taxed, they received no return on their mandatory investment in the government. The complaints are legitimate. You can't insist upon the bootstrap when you've already taxed out 1/3 of the Wal-Mart spending limit. Bobby Jindal is a twit.

Guest Czech please!

Are you contending that MSNBC isn't trotting out a bunch of histrionic dopes who don't know when their microphones are on? This isn't even the first time.