TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Covering Coverage

I also had a similar reaction to Jindal's entrance, but mostly along the lines of thinking it was the gayest entrance I've ever seen any politician ever make. This includes Barney Frank.

I think the GOP seems to think that George W. Bush is still president, and that his approval rating was about three times higher than it actually was at the end of his presidency.

Lotta wedgies in that kid's future.

More CPAC news:

White Nationalist-Linked ‘Right-Wing Youth’ Group Debuts At CPAC

A well-funded new organization whose stated purpose is to launch a “right-wing youth movement” will make a splashy debut tonight at the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, in Washington, D.C. CPAC is billed as “the largest annual gathering of conservative students, activists and policymakers.”

According to CPAC materials, the group, Youth for Western Civilization, is one of the official co-sponsors, or major donors, of this year’s conference. The group has a booth in the CPAC exhibition hall, and its “Inaugural Reception” is scheduled to begin at 8:30 p.m. EST in the Palladium Ballroom at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.

“Diversity can be good in moderation — if what is being brought in is desirable,” Epstein wrote in one VDARE.com essay. “Most Americans don’t mind a little ethnic food, some Asian math whizzes, or a few Mariachi dancers — as long as these trends do not overwhelm the dominant culture.”

Epstein is also the head of the Robert A. Taft Club, a Washington, D.C., group whose events regularly feature prominent academic racists like Jared Taylor, the editor of the overtly white supremacist journal American Renaissance.

Another Youth for Western Civilization founder, Kevin DeAnna, has posted several times in recent years to the Spartan Spectator, the website of the Michigan State University chapter of Young Americans for Freedom, or MSU-YAF.

In 2007, the Southern Poverty Law Center identified MSU-YAF as a hate group after it organized a “Catch an Illegal Alien Day” game, sponsored a “Koran desecration contest,” jokingly threatened to distribute small-pox infected blankets to Native American students, posted “Gays spread AIDS” fliers, called Latino students and faculty members “savages,” and invited Nick Griffin, the chairman of the neofascist British National Party, to speak on the MSU campus.

DeAnna was supporting another Spartan Spectator blogger who attacked the African-American holiday Kwanzaa for being “Satanic,” because it’s “designed to lead black Americans from traditional Christian holidays like Christmas and replace it with paganism.”

DeAnna’s interest in Asatru may explain why there’s nothing in Youth for Western Culture’s mission statement that identifies the group as pro-Christian. “The purpose of Youth for Western Civilization is to form a right-wing youth movement,” it reads. “Youth for Western Civilization educates, organizes and trains activists on campuses across the nation to create a subculture that promotes the survival of Western Civilization and pride in Western heritage.”

[immigration] is addressed in a recent VDARE.com essay that’s featured on the Youth for Western Civilization website. It lashes out at political analyst Michael Barone for “…claim[ing], despite plenty of evidence to the contrary, that the Great Wave of European (Italian, Irish, Jewish, et. al.) immigration of 100 years ago was assimilated without any real hiccups, and without changing the character of the country.

“But anyone who has watched machine politics in action in cities like B. Hussein Obama’s Chicago, or knows anything about the Mafia, or is at all familiar with how largely Jewish intellectual elites have utterly transformed American social and political discourse, knows that is nonsense.”

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/02/26/w...cpac/#more-2988

Make fun of him or not, that kid is going places. Kids that young who can speak like that are going to accomplish something, one way or another.

Half of what he said didn't even make sense, though.

A 13 year old kid, regardless of ideology, lacks the background knowledge to understand the issues well enough to form enough opinions to write a whole book defining them. While its impressive that a 13 year old would have the motivation to write a book, and the intellegence to be able to organize the information (though by adult standards his speech was very disorganized), I don't think he's capable of actual value.

He's programmed by listening to Bill Bennett's radio show for 3 hours a day since he was 8 years old. It is sad he isn't using his natural curiosity to explore other things besides reinforcing right-wing ideology.

His thesis of conservatism not necessarily equaling Republicanism is absolutely correct.

*Awaits Jerk's angry rebuttle.

Louisiana’s transportation department plans to request federal dollars for a New Orleans to Baton Rouge passenger rail service from the same pot of railroad money in the president’s economic stimulus package that Gov. Bobby Jindal criticized as unnecessary pork on national television Tuesday night.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02...w_orleansb.html

His thesis of conservatism not necessarily equaling Republicanism is absolutely correct.

*Awaits Jerk's angry rebuttle.

Being a Republican and being conservative are not always the same thing.

Isn't this what we have dictionaries for?

As smart as the kid is, it doesn't change that the middle part of his speech is him just making nonsensical sentences out of big words, like 13 year olds trying to sound like grown-ups usually do. He'll probably end up as a speech writer for Sarah Palin making more money than I do.

Anybody see the Rush Limaugh speech at CPAC today? It doesn't look good for the GOP. Probably the dumbest populist speech of any kind ever given and the cream of the Republican crop were yelling like he was Gerry Cooney or something. He's my kind of guy because he makes me want to yell!

Too bad the Libertarian Party chose to run a big government idiot for president last year, thinking he was some kind of political celebrity.

Guest Czech please!

When and how did Rush Limbaugh return to this circa-1994 level of relevance? I thought he was on the wane since the Oxycontin scandal a few years back, in tandem with the rise of other and newer conservative hosts like Sean Hannity and Marvin's Proxy Brain. Then within the last year he's apparently sabotaging Democratic primaries and, to hear it from Obama, is the voice and face of the entire Republican Party and/or all who stand in his way? I almost wonder if the scaremongering about reinstating the Fairness Doctrine (which finally and rightfully seems to have no ground whatsoever) has galvanized Rush and the dittoheads. Catch it while you can. But really, no more Rush, please.

When and how did Rush Limbaugh return to this circa-1994 level of relevance? I thought he was on the wane since the Oxycontin scandal a few years back, in tandem with the rise of other and newer conservative hosts like Sean Hannity and Marvin's Proxy Brain. Then within the last year he's apparently sabotaging Democratic primaries and, to hear it from Obama, is the voice and face of the entire Republican Party and/or all who stand in his way? I almost wonder if the scaremongering about reinstating the Fairness Doctrine (which finally and rightfully seems to have no ground whatsoever) has galvanized Rush and the dittoheads. Catch it while you can. But really, no more Rush, please.

I'm mostly responding to this due to "Marvin's Proxy Brain."

I love this board.

Czech, I think that invoking the name of Rush Limbaugh is a strategic move by Mr. Obama. He's presenting the American people with a false dilemma: are you with Mr. Obama or are you with the highly partisan Limbaugh (and the politicians of his ilk)? Independents have a much more unfavorable view of Limbaugh than favorable,[1] because Limbaugh is someone who 'clings' to his far-right conservative ideology so uncompromisingly that he attacks even moderate conservatives. And so, Mr. Obama gains favor with many Independents and some moderate conservatives (like Ms. Snowe and Ms. Collins) who reject the Limbaughesque divisiveness of the far-right.

Remember when Limbaugh was saying that he destroyed Obama, or something of the like? Boosh

Might be time to go back to GB like his logo..but anyway..

Anyway, I do believe that Rush Limbaugh has been the #1 radio show for quite a while. He didnt go anywhere, its just that hes of more promenence now because theres a really awful Democrat as President.

And GB has the 3rd highest rated Cable News show and Radio program! Hooray for 3rd.

Might be time to go back to GB like his logo..but anyway..

Anyway, I do believe that Rush Limbaugh has been the #1 radio show for quite a while. He didnt go anywhere, its just that hes of more promenence now because theres a really awful Democrat as President.

And GB has the 3rd highest rated Cable News show and Radio program! Hooray for 3rd.

This was far more intelligent when it just said "Edit". How can you declare Obama a "Really awful Democrat" when he's been in office little over a month? You have no clue how any of his policies are going to work out in the long run... or hell, even in the short run.

Might be time to go back to Mavin's Proxy Brain like his logo..but anyway..

And Mavin's Proxy Brain has the 3rd highest rated Cable News show and Radio program! Hooray for 3rd.

This was far more intelligent when it just said "Edit". How can you declare Obama a "Really awful Democrat" when he's been in office little over a month? You have no clue how any of his policies are going to work out in the long run... or hell, even in the short run.

It took a lot of restraint to go with really awful vs something a bit harsher.

Oh, and say hello to My Proxy Brain in the sports folder all you Packer fans. I guess they'll have to type out Green Bay now because of Mr. Beck.

Guest Czech please!

"Mavin's Proxy Brain." CWM really was on it.

Czech, I think that invoking the name of Rush Limbaugh is a strategic move by Mr. Obama. He's presenting the American people with a false dilemma: are you with Mr. Obama or are you with the highly partisan Limbaugh (and the politicians of his ilk)?

Well duh. I think everyone pegged it as being straight out of his Saul Alinsky books pretty early on. I was just so surprised that it worked. I didn't think Rush was still enough of a figure that people felt they had to dissociate themselves from him. (EDIT: though he is a pretty big figure, lol.) I should've learned my lesson that everything Barack Obama does will work.

Might be time to go back to Mavin's Proxy Brain like his logo..but anyway..

And Mavin's Proxy Brain has the 3rd highest rated Cable News show and Radio program! Hooray for 3rd.

It took a lot of restraint to go with really awful vs something a bit harsher.

I'm glad that you can blindly follow your FEARLESS LEADER~!, but that doesn't explain your magic future vision which explains how Obama is an awful President only a month in and with actual evidence. But again, you're the same guy who believed Glenn Beck's fanfi- I mean, secret interview with Bush.