TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

NFL Week 2

I love how the league gave the Browns multiple national TV games because of their supposed explosive offense and exciting style of play.

They have scored 10 total points so far in nearly 6 quarters of football and generally look putrid

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this at any point, but the Sunday Night Football Extra thing on NFL.com is great. I can't watch the game on the TV with cable because of my damn roommates.

And the boos break out before the half. If Cleveland can't start playing with some nuts and brains, their season is over.

On the Packers today, I was "watching" via my phone and looked away for a decent chunk of time after Detroit took the lead (I was at work). Suddenly it was 48-25. I think Detroit panicked. Oh well, can't do that.

Guest Vitamin X

This is such a whack game. I was making dinner and doing other assorted household chores and I keep looking over and every single time outside of the opening drive, I've seen Cleveland with the ball, so they must be turning the ball over a fuckton.

What happened in the game that caused CanuckChris to break out a size 24 font?

Sorry, I just got home and finished watching the Chargers/Broncos game.

Fuck Mike Shanahan with a cactus dildo. That was one of the ballsiest things I've ever seen. It wouldn't piss me off had it not been the only game I got wrong on Pro*Line. I was flirting with a six figure payday.

If I were watching it objectively, I would have appluaded it. That was a phenomenally entertaining game, let alone the last drive. My jaw hit the floor from that call. I mean, fuck, I'm not covering new ground since this has been discussed already, and I'm pretty well rambling, but shit, what can you say to that? What a game.

Just reading some of the comments through the thread, and I have to ask have there always been this many Raiders fans here? :huh: Seems to be quite a few avatars/sigs with the logo. Ok, I think it's only like 3 of 4, but still. Don't remember any real support for the Raiders at all in recent memory.

Does the Russel/McFadden combo cause a reemergence in Raider Nation?

I wish Madden would shut up that it was the smart thing for the Browns to kick the field goal. Even when it was good, they still needed to get back in the end zone. Would the defence's confidence really have be undermined if Cleveland went on 4th down?

It really sucks to be a Browns fan on nights like these. I'd rank this one w/ a Sunday night ESPN game against Baltimore during the Butch Davis era where Cleveland's Derrick Frost had like a 4 yard punt late in the 4th quarter that lead to an easy Balt TD only for the Browns to FINALLY put together a drive down the field to tie the game only for Holcomb to throw a pick at the goal line and have Ed Reed take it all the way back for another Balt TD. Yeah, that was two "only for"s in the same sentence.

I'd feel more comfortable if Cleveland got shunted back to 1pm 'Regional Action'.

Madden's line of the night (paraphrasing obviously) - Ya know, sometimes in life, when one tries to catch someone not ready, the only one really not ready is that person . . . next thing you know, it's 4th down and you have to punt.

Just reading some of the comments through the thread, and I have to ask have there always been this many Raiders fans here? :huh: Seems to be quite a few avatars/sigs with the logo. Ok, I think it's only like 3 of 4, but still. Don't remember any real support for the Raiders at all in recent memory.

Does the Russel/McFadden combo cause a reemergence in Raider Nation?

You're not alone

The San Francisco Chronicle says that when (yeah, when) Kiffin is fired, Rob Ryan has a pretty good shot of being promoted. In taking responsibility for the defense, he did something Kiffin did not, and apparently Al Davis loved it. In addition to that, Al Davis won't pay out Kiffin's contract once fired because of insubordination. Which is true, I mean, he didn't take any responsibility for week one at all, and has constantly moaned and griped about Al. So yeah, he's gotta go.

Oh, and Darren McFadden has minor turf toe. Oh happy day.

The San Francisco Chronicle says that when (yeah, when) Kiffin is fired, Rob Ryan has a pretty good shot of being promoted. In taking responsibility for the defense, he did something Kiffin did not, and apparently Al Davis loved it. In addition to that, Al Davis won't pay out Kiffin's contract once fired because of insubordination. Which is true, I mean, he didn't take any responsibility for week one at all, and has constantly moaned and griped about Al. So yeah, he's gotta go.

Wow. Insubordination? The Jumpsuit really is delusional. Hope he stays alive for a long, long time.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, and Darren McFadden has minor turf toe. Oh happy day.

At least you can feel comfortable that your old team isn't faring much better at the moment.

I know it's pretty uncool to boo the anthem, but whoever that singer was totally butchered it... fucking vibratohohohoh ahahaha-on eh-uhuhuh-very no-ohohohoh-te