WWE SmackDown! - September 12, 2008

whoa

Wrestlemania and a "All Star" Smackdown on back to back nights on MyNetwork

HA HA

I got it

Jesse and Festus had MyMoving on their backs

no wonder this got 2 segments

the hell

wasn't Carlito's brother on Raw and said he's nothing like Carlito.Now he's on Smackdown and everything is all peachy?

This is the first time since the draft that Carlito has been on tv now he wears pants

wtf is going on

It's almost as if they're pretending that Carlito's career before tonight never happened, and this is his real debut.

Whatever is going on, I like it so far.

So the Phillies game was canceled tonight. Smackdown was supposed to be shown tomorrow night. I have a series recording on DVR and it was going to record tomorrow night. But since the Phillies game was canceled, Smackdown was shown tonight. They don't replay Smackdown. I am sad.

Yeah that Primo/Carlito teaming was puzzling to say the least, I think they just hit the reboot button with Primo and ignored his couple of Raw appearances.

This was a pretty decent show tonight. I know it's always fashionable to badmouth HHH, but I actually like SD better when the focus is on him with the belt rather than the soap opera crap with Vickie.

What was up with the Kozlov run in at the end though? I have a feeling he might sneak into the No Mercy title match and make it a 3 way so he can job (and thus protect Jeff).

So they never bothered addressing why Primo is on S.D. now?

Because NOBODY CARES. I'm sorry, not meaning to snap at you, but it's really annoying when people keep on asking why so and so in on the other show. It just doesn't matter! Plus, the guy was only on Raw once to my knowledge. It's not like The Undertaker is suddenly challenging Jericho for the belt or something.

So they never bothered addressing why Primo is on S.D. now?

Because NOBODY CARES. I'm sorry, not meaning to snap at you, but it's really annoying when people keep on asking why so and so in on the other show. It just doesn't matter! Plus, the guy was only on Raw once to my knowledge. It's not like The Undertaker is suddenly challenging Jericho for the belt or something.

I just don't like these blatant continuity errors re: wrestlers jumping from brand to brand without any explantion, whether it be the top tier guys or not. How hard would it be to say Primo never signed a contract with Raw, so he decided to sign one with S.D.? It would take, what, all of 10-15 seconds to come up with in the writers meetings? But I guess that's asking too much.

I guess the feeling is any time they spent explaining why Primo Colon is on SmackDown is time and effort that will result in zero buys for anything, so just devote the time to something else.

You're probably right. I realize that some people don't care about things like this, but it just annoys me when they do it over and over again.(And some other people as well, apparently.)

Just to make sure I'm following along here: Minor character defying brand boundries that have been extremely loose since the Survivor Series 2005 angle = an annoyance.

Russorific Impact! angles that make absolutely NO logical sense = good enjoyable fun that doesn't annoy you or iggymcfly at all.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just questioning the logic. Is it because that sort of thing is the norm in TNA so TNA fans (and not people who want TNA to succeed because they remember 2005, but people who honest to God think what they do now is good) figure it's ok to exist in TNA because that's how they roll? Bryan Alvarez did a very good explanation of how he feels you need to be in a certain mood or mindset to watch Impact and how that sort of thing "wasn't for him" (but wrestlers dressed as mad scientists working in a lab is cool if it happens in Mexico, because he's in a "lucha mood" when he watches that sort of thing).

The fact that you need someone to explain to you why Primo is on SD now is sad. Make an explanation for yourself. Make the explanation "He probably wasn't needed on RAW and being a tag team with his brother seems like a good idea." Why do you NEED an explanation on TV? Make one up yourself and roll with that. It's what I always do, and it's better than bitching about it all the time.

Just to make sure I'm following along here: Minor character defying brand boundries that have been extremely loose since the Survivor Series 2005 angle = an annoyance.

Russorific Impact! angles that make absolutely NO logical sense = good enjoyable fun that doesn't annoy you or iggymcfly at all.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just questioning the logic. Is it because that sort of thing is the norm in TNA so TNA fans (and not people who want TNA to succeed because they remember 2005, but people who honest to God think what they do now is good) figure it's ok to exist in TNA because that's how they roll? Bryan Alvarez did a very good explanation of how he feels you need to be in a certain mood or mindset to watch Impact and how that sort of thing "wasn't for him" (but wrestlers dressed as mad scientists working in a lab is cool if it happens in Mexico, because he's in a "lucha mood" when he watches that sort of thing).

I've pointed out plently of times when an angle/storyline has made no sense in TNA too.(So Cal Val doesn't watch Impact, or has no friends to tell her Dutt stole her ring?!?) And that's just one storyline/angle off the top of my head. It gets on my nerves no matter what company does it.

Hasn't WWE pretty much hit the reboot button with Kendrick as well? Ever since his push on Smackdown started, I haven't seen Paul London on TV, and they never mention his tag team with London either. WWE just does these things, because they think no one will notice or care, and it works.

Hasn't WWE pretty much hit the reboot button with Kendrick as well? Ever since his push on Smackdown started, I haven't seen Paul London on TV, and they never mention his tag team with London either. WWE just does these things, because they think no one will notice or care, and it works.

I think Kendrick mentioned that he teamed with London in a promo not too long ago. Still, his heel turn on Smackdown was so sudden since he never actually turned on London.

The fact that you need someone to explain to you why Primo is on SD now is sad. Make an explanation for yourself. Make the explanation "He probably wasn't needed on RAW and being a tag team with his brother seems like a good idea." Why do you NEED an explanation on TV? Make one up yourself and roll with that. It's what I always do, and it's better than bitching about it all the time.

Because that's the writers jobs who are being paid the big bucks. Christ, if was a hard thing to do and wouldn't take more than a minute to come up with, then I could see.

Obviously Vince McMahon does not care, and neither do they. Why do something that won't affect your job status if you don't really need to? Would you clean up aisle 4 if you knew you wouldn't be fired if you didn't?

Not true. Not true at all. TBK mentioned his years "stuck" in a tag team with London, having to carry that team in his first TBK promo. JR mentioned TBK being a former tag champion holding the title for 11 months at Unforgiven. They haven't hit any reboot button with Kendrick at all, he just got himself a gimmick with his push. London isn't on TV because they have no desire to use him but won't cut him for obvious reason.

Kendrick never needed to turn on London, again. They were seperated and Kendrick used that opportunity to be himself. It's not that difficult. Not every turn requires a traditional cliche beatdown of your partner.

Some changes don't need to be hammered across for the fans but apparently some feel they do need to be hand fed explanations for everything. Even for small meaningless things like Primo being moved to SD which is where he should've been all along. Things like that can be answered with common sense. The writers are paid to put more detail and time into the actual aspects of the show.

All the announcers had to do was say Adamle forgot to send in the contract paperwork because he was too busy catering to the top guys and Vickie swooped in and signed Primo. Voila.

Carlito looked like shit. Pure shit. Primo looked great in his spurts and I've always been a mark for leg sweeps for whatever reason. Release Carly and call up Eric Perez. Also they need to do something with their Tron, because "The Colons" isn't going to work in English speaking countries. Is there an accent that could be added to the spelling at least?

At least Goldman is on television - while he was squashed, he looked good doing it ie really sold the offense well. I'll never care about Koslov though.

Big Show is putting on all the weight that he had lost.

Obviously Vince McMahon does not care, and neither do they. Why do something that won't affect your job status if you don't really need to? Would you clean up aisle 4 if you knew you wouldn't be fired if you didn't?

You're probably right about Vince not caring, which is sad if it is the case, seeing as he's disregarding his own rules he put forth when he created The Brand Separation. I guess I shouldn't care about stuff like this if the owner himself doesn't.

Man, wait'll DH Smith is called back up, re-debuts and his small run in late 2007 is totally forgotten...some heads here at TSM are going to EXPLODE!

Not if he debuts as a tag team with TJ Wilson. Canadian Bulldogs vs Primo and Carlito would be a pretty damn good feud. Throw in MNM and there is a bunch of matches I'd love to see.

I think what he meant was that if you ever see DH Smith again, it might be in a TNA ring. It wouldn't shock me if he got released really. I don't think the dude would even get a look by WWE, if he wasn't the Bulldog's son.

Yeah, but how do you explain Primo going on TV and saying his brother was a jerk who he wanted to have nothing to do with? Now he's suddenly teaming with him like there was never a problem?

That is 100% bad television and lazy writing. There's no other way to slice it.

Man, wait'll DH Smith is called back up, re-debuts and his small run in late 2007 is totally forgotten...some heads here at TSM are going to EXPLODE!

And don't forget that the 2007 debut erased his 2006 debut as a WWE guy fending off an ECW invasion!