TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

WWE SmackDown! - September 12, 2008

Man, wait'll DH Smith is called back up, re-debuts and his small run in late 2007 is totally forgotten...some heads here at TSM are going to EXPLODE!

And don't forget that the 2007 debut erased his 2006 debut as a WWE guy fending off an ECW invasion!

Holy shit! I DID forget that! :lol:

And don't forget that the 2007 debut erased his 2006 debut as a WWE guy fending off an ECW invasion!

HAHA! I actually remembered that. I had no idea that was him! If you want another unofficial debut, how about that Dan Rodman guy being one of the wrestlers standing in the hallway before McMahon blew up in his limo?

Wrestling on Heat circa 2007 is the equivalent of "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?" Believe me, we were all spared a great deal of agony when Dan Rodimer was released. Anyone who saw his OVW work knows what I mean.

The story behind Harry Smith being out there to fend off the ECW guys is hilarious.

There were some rumblings that Paul Heyman & Tommy Dreamer wanted Smith for the new ECW brand. Brian Gewirtz got wind of this, and since he hated Heyman so much, he made sure that Smith (who worked a dark match earlier) was out there to run off the ECW guys.

Such maturity.

That story doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't doubt if something similar went on with how Primo went over to SD, what with the slap dashed way he was introduced last night.(Caught it on Youtube tonight.) Then again, it was probably just business as usual for creative.

I just finished watching the show and, well, I didn't read the spoilers so a few things surprised me, and I actually liked. And one part really annoyed me.

The main event was good stuff, and I wasn't expecting Kozlov (who I thought came off great against Funaki and Colt) to run out there. HHH/Hardy/Kozlov makes sense for the ppv, or perhaps they are just setting up Kozlov for a title shot at Cyber Sunday against Hardy or HHH, who knows. If they push Kozlov like this in the coming weeks, the guy will be a strong contender. This was probably the first time I can really say they did it right with the guy, and he could go somewhere here. He just never impressed me at all until this week.

I also was pretty surprised to see the Colons tagging up out of nowhere. At least they gave them the win, setting them up as immediate tag title contenders. Chances are Primo got moved since they figured (*GASP*) they might as well have them work together, and probably eventually feud, especially since they have been letting Carlito basically sit at home since he hasn't been on TV in who knows how long.

Once again, Truth looked good this week, bigger response than he's gotten so far too.

The one thing that really got me about the show was once again how HHH has now done a hat trick (last SD, the ppv, and this show) on really pretty much burying all of those four guys that were in the scramble match, for no good reason. That opening promo with him and Hardy was ridiculous.....I could understand a heel like MVP doing the "past demons" promo on Hardy, but this was weird with HHH doing it, it came off more like a burial, or if it isn't, then Hardy must be getting the title at the ppv. Just seemed very similar to how HHH pretty much put Booker T in his place (and at least then, it was as him working as a heel when he was punking Booker) and then made him look shitty at Mania XIX. The way that promo was "scripted" it made you think Hardy will either win the belt, or else come up short again and never be able to make it to that level again.

On top of that, those knocks on Benjamin, MVP, and Kendrick in the backstage segments just came off more screwed up and more "putting the guys in their place" than the normal "champion intimidates the challengers" type of stuff the WWE has done in the past. Best I can describe it is that HHH was working those Kevin Nash type of promos and character actions in that it really doesn't "help" anyone by being involved in such nonsense. And the irony of it all is that it's probably actually being twisted as HHH is giving these guys a rub by having him cutting promos on each guy, like they are special because HHH gets to do such a thing for them. Just irks me that this side of HHH still comes out every so often, although it's not nearly as prevelant as it once was.

WWE loves to re-write stuff

I just saw on the AM Raw scroll that Mark Henry won the ECW title at the ppv.

Chances are Primo got moved since they figured (*GASP*) they might as well have them work together, and probably eventually feud, especially since they have been letting Carlito basically sit at home since he hasn't been on TV in who knows how long.

That, plus the absolute vaccum of crowd heat he generated in his debut match against Haas. Probably a case of 'tag them up before this guy becomes a complete lost cause'.

I love how everybody's jumping on someone's back for daring to suggest that it was bad writing. "Oh, he's only a lower midcarder, who cares!? It's not like it's going to kill the entire company and change the face of wrestling as we know it!!" That's how you want to run a promotion, sure. Sure it doesn't really matter. But the point wasn't "WWE sucks man!", the point was "would an explanation have been so hard for people who still pay attention?"

Chances are Primo got moved since they figured (*GASP*) they might as well have them work together, and probably eventually feud, especially since they have been letting Carlito basically sit at home since he hasn't been on TV in who knows how long.

That, plus the absolute vaccum of crowd heat he generated in his debut match against Haas. Probably a case of 'tag them up before this guy becomes a complete lost cause'.

I love how everybody's jumping on someone's back for daring to suggest that it was bad writing. "Oh, he's only a lower midcarder, who cares!? It's not like it's going to kill the entire company and change the face of wrestling as we know it!!" That's how you want to run a promotion, sure. Sure it doesn't really matter. But the point wasn't "WWE sucks man!", the point was "would an explanation have been so hard for people who still pay attention?"

With the way some people trip over themselves to basically defend lazy/bad writing, I'd swear we have some WWE Staff posing as posters here.