TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

James Storm possibly suffers a concussion

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/6723/

Saturday night at the TNA house show in London, Ontario in front of approximately 500 fans at the Labatt Centre, there was a scary moment where James Storm was knocked out cold during his tag match with Robert Roode against The Motor City Machine Guns. Storm was rushed to the hospital and it was diagnosed as a concussion, no word on whether this will affect the Pay Per View Sunday night in Oshawa. --thanks to John Pollock

Not to sound like an ass (because no one on TSM - or the net in general - likes sounding like a sarcastic ass) but the headline is "Scary moment at TNA houseshow" and I almost thought it was referring to the fact they had 500 people in a 4,500 seat arena. That couldn't have looked good. I was kind of wondering why TNA was running at that venue when the 2006 WWE house show there only drew a half house.

Hopefully Storm is good to go though.

It helps promote locally that their is a PPV coming up. I wonder if a gimmick match was the reason behind the concussion?

It helps promote locally that their is a PPV coming up. I wonder if a gimmick match was the reason behind the concussion?

I don't really ever see them doing gimmick matches on house shows from past results I've seen.

Definately curious how this will affect him at tonight's ppv. Must be a serious concussion if it totally knocked him out.

And there's nothing stupid about running a house show the night before a ppv unless it's literally just a jump away from the ppv venue. Then I could see it affecting the attendance at the ppv show.

I'm just wondering why TNA runs a house show the night before a ppv?

WWE always does it. They get a practice run at the PPV card.

Not really, Matt. Often the WWE will take the weekend of a PPV off.

I'm just wondering why TNA runs a house show the night before a ppv?

WWE always does it. They get a practice run at the PPV card.

Not really, Matt. Often the WWE will take the weekend of a PPV off.

They still do spot shows the Saturday night before the Sunday ppv, more often than not.

I believe Jeff Jarrett once lost the Intercontintal Title to Edge the night before the PPV.

IIRC, he lost it to Edge, then Edge lost the belt back to him the next night. How times have changed.....

On the subject of houseshows, 2 weekends before WM 21, I watched Batista and HHH do their WM match, move for move, at a houseshow in Columbia, SC. Kind of surreal to watch the exact same match on PPV a couple weekends later.