TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

No Surrender Thread

I enjoyed that little brawl between Sting and Samoa Joe.

hoping Christian takes the belt

Why in the fuck is Sting in the mainevent of BFG again? They just need to name the damn thing after him.

SFG (Sting For Glory)?

I was thinking more "Bound To Lose the TNA title to Sting", but yours sounds better.

Well...I wanted Joe vs. Sting...so I'm happy about that. I was also pulling for JJ vs. Angle and that appears to be the direction.

The problem is that I was rooting for Sting to get choked out by Joe...and the direction of TV and Sting starting a new character role doesn't back that up.

It should've been Styles vs Joe, that should've been the mainevent.

I don't mind JJ/Angle, because at least it's a fresh feud.

The logical thing would've been to pair Sting/Foley, I don't care about younger guys needing a rub. A Sting/Foley feud would be money right now, and it they have history to make it believable. It doesn't have too be a match, it could've just been a show down or something. It's the only thing either guy can do right now, that would make me interested in them. Or they could've went with Sting and Cage, any thing but Sting getting a undeserved title shot at BFG again.

I just read the results on TNA's website but I'm a bit confused, did Angle cheat or something to lock the ankle lock on Joe and Jarrett made the save that way or did Jarrett just randomly run out, smash Angle with the guitar and Joe hit the muscle buster after to pick up the win?

Angle did away with Hebner, hit Christian with a chair and dumped him over the top, hit Joe with the chair and applied the Ankle Lock. That's when Jarrett came in, hit Angle with the guitar, and rolled in Hebner to give Joe the win.

When was the last time a PPV world title match had a clean finish?

Because debuting him at the PPV would have been stupid. They already had JJ's return and a Sting apperance, they didn't need to debut Foley too. I'm more surpised they didn't do it.

Why? The two have had little to no interaction over the past few months wheras Joe and Sting have. Sure, AJ/Joe would be the better match, but that doesn't really mean it should be the main event. Sting/Joe makes the most sense at this point, and for the first time we will see the champ retain at BFG.

Because debuting him at the PPV would have been stupid. They already had JJ's return and a Sting apperance, they didn't need to debut Foley too. I'm more surpised they didn't do it.

Then don't imply the guy is going to be there.

Why? The two have had little to no interaction over the past few months wheras Joe and Sting have. Sure, AJ/Joe would be the better match, but that doesn't really mean it should be the main event. Sting/Joe makes the most sense at this point, and for the first time we will see the champ retain at BFG.

Because if TNA was serious about "Breaking the glass ceiling" and "Crossing The Line", them 2 going for the title at their biggest ppv, would've brought that fact home. AJ Styles should've gone over Angle, successfully and then his road to Joe should've started. TNA should've been building to this match 2 months ago, but it's TNA. So we get, Joe/Sting for the title at BFG, Sting shouldn't be anywhere near the championship at BFG, as I said before he has main evened the last 2 BFG's, it makes no sense. Joe/Styles is a match people would've been excited for, nobody is going to give a fuck about Sting/Joe; why should they give a fuck?

We've all seen AJ/Joe. We've not seen Joe/Sting (well not a proper match anyway - I think the two met on an Impact once in a non finish). Sting is a big name and has been for 20 years. Rather than it being a "glass ceiling match", we can have a "rising star vs legend match" and if you ask me, that's much better.

Then don't imply the guy is going to be there.

I didn't say they were, but you said they were stupid for not delievering him.

I don't exactly remember them implying that Foley would be at No Surrender. Did they allude to it during an episode of Impact and I just missed it or what?

nosurrender5.gif

How could anybody possibly get the idea, that Foley was going to be at the show?

I didn't say they were, but you said they were stupid for not delievering him.

I said they were dumb, and they were. If you imply a guy is going to be there, and he isn't, you're basically saying fuck the fans. Which isn't something you want to do, to people who paid 30 bucks, believing they was going to see the official debut of one of the biggest stars in the business. It was dumb, nobody should be defending TNA for this bullshit either, it was a dumbass move on TNA's part.