TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Ultimate Fighter: Noguiera vs Mir

Anybody with standup better then Delago would serve him up pretty harsh.

He won which = ratings in terms of people who want to see him get beat down but yeah, not worthy of any kinda of hype.

To be fair Delgado could take a punch like a motherfucker, and Junie was gassed from the weight loss. I still say he's a dangerous fighter, I thought it was stupid of him to avoid the ground at every chance, since being able to pound somebody's face in would negate what little advantage he would hold off of his back. Also, that crazy mexican he faced in the round of 32 was fairly active on the ground and Junie still handed him his lunch.

Jose Napolean Hitler was active, but that doesn't necessarily equal "good," especially when his entire strategy was essentially to emulate "Ox" Wheeler in eating leather while fumbling around for a limb. Nover would've definitely eaten Junie alive on their feet, Escudero would've head & arm'ed him in some fashion, and Polakowski might've beaten him based solely on not being a giant beanpole like Delgado. I'll agree that a good deal of it was probably due to his cutting weight, but the fact of the matter is is that he arguably lost to an alternate who fought almost entirely out of his comfort zone. Overall, I'll stick with my earlier assessment that Nog made stronger LW picks despite going second (and catering to his hugging fetish).

Another season, another Junie.

The typical disrespectful "I'm tougher than you because I walk around and act like an asshole, and taunt people and try to bait them into doing stupid things, and your just a big pussy because you won't do something stupid and fight me right now and get kicked off the show, yet when it finally comes to my fight, I look average as average can get" club level fighter. And oh, hey look, he has a grenade tatted on his hand....NOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Dude, your on TUF, not UFC 90. Get some fucking perspective and STFU until you do something significant in the sport.

Stankie talking about "getting down and smelling farts" was probably the most embarrassing thing on TUF ever. In fact, his entire coaching staff placement is downright laughable.

There's nothing to "get" really. He's like Mick from Rocky, or Kamogawa from Hajime no Ippo. An old, cankerous man who clearly tries to encourage his fighters. He just uses whacky phrases from time to time to get it done. He's a real life TV character which is *awesome*.

"Fight. Fight. Kill. Kill." is still the best one.

Once all the bodily fluid stuff started really eating into this week's air time, it was obvious Nover was going to end Kaplan quickly... no, actually, it was obvious from the second they announced the match-up. Nover's defense still needs some work, but he's easily the most offensively talented LW of the season.

It seemed to be based mostly on his eating a dozen punches in his prelim fight against "Machete Man" before dragging the fight to the mat. Yet another guy who really shouldn't have made it into the house.

I think Dana wants to set up a Junie Vs. Nover finals, as they are getting the most hype. I think Efrain Vs. Junie in the semi's, and Roop/Polish Guy Vs. Nover.

I hopefully Kristof can beat Kyle Kingsbury... I think Kingsbury is a complete douche.

You're right about the probable match-ups, but I'm not so sure that Junie would beat Escudero with what he's shown so far. Shane was a better striker than Junie who couldn't punish Efrain enough on his feet, and they've mentioned Junie's succeptability to submission counters to his shots (they mentioned Efrain tapping him repeatedly before the prelims, and last mentioned Kaplan catching him in a guillotine). Of course, Junie doesn't really have any other road into the finals, as he's not beating Nover, and it's highly doubtful Nog would let Dana & Mir match-up Nover & Escudero.

Theres a difference in what goes down in training then what happens in an actual fight. Efrain stand up is horrible, the only reason why Shane didn't punish Efrain enough was because of Shane himself. He didn't press the action more then he should have, and it paid.

I view the fight as a 55/45 fight in favor of Efrain.

Efrain's stand-up is definitely weaksauce, but Junie's isn't that great either. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to how much the weight cutting effected him in the Delgado fight, but he also showed a succeptability to knees in the fight, which Efrain showed some apttitude for. Junie's saving grace in the fight is that Efrain's wrestling ability didn't live up to the hype, so Junie isn't likely to find himself being smothered by Efrain on the mat.

Yeah that Kaplan has such a great chin.

[/sarcasm] What!? He's still the best fighter in the house. Even though he got totally worked over, he let the other guy win. Frank Mir said so. ;)