TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - September 15, 2008

Fuck this comapany. Everything is a fucking comedy segment.

Main eventers vs an announcer and a Comedy Jobber.... way to mix Kofi in with this shit.

Not really, no.

So you found redeeming qualities in that segment...?

Fuck it....I've watched too much Mid South Lately to enjoy this shit.

You said it was main eventers v. an announcer and comedy jobber, and that's not the case at all.

It was a short match, that got Team Priceless over, gave Kofi some airtime, King a hometown match and showcased Haas' comedy.

They should re-do Slamboree 97 and have a mini-battle royal with the winner facing Jericho immediately afterward.

Only if Jericho does the intros.

Let it be a Barbed Wire C4 Death Match.

Ah, it's just going to be a ladder match. How revolutionary.

That will be good. When was the last time that Michaels was in a ladder match? The last one that I can remember is the third fall of the Three Stages of Hell Match at Armageddon 2002.

Okay, here's how this is going down...

1) Batista beats JBL for the #1 spot.

2) HB :throwup: K (sorry, I couldn't even get it all out) is going to beat Jericho for the title.

3) Jericho is going to cost HBK the title at the next PPV, making Batista the champ, as we all knew was inevitable.

4) The blow off will finally come at WM with HBK losing in a loser-retires match (with a lot of cheating on Jericho's part, of course)

This will...

A) Add heat to HBK vs. Jericho

B) Give Batista a chance to get back at HBK for retiring Flair, since he has yet to do so AND a title run.

Thoughts?

Fuck this comapany. Everything is a fucking comedy segment.

Main eventers vs an announcer and a Comedy Jobber.... way to mix Kofi in with this shit.

Not really, no.

So you found redeeming qualities in that segment...?

Fuck it....I've watched too much Mid South Lately to enjoy this shit.

You said it was main eventers v. an announcer and comedy jobber, and that's not the case at all.

It was a short match, that got Team Priceless over, gave Kofi some airtime, King a hometown match and showcased Haas' comedy.

How does beating a comedy jobber, a 58 year old announcer put them over?

Kofi got airtime by agreeing to team with a geek and a Senior Citizen. *****

How does beating a comedy jobber, a 58 year old announcer put them over?

Kofi got airtime by agreeing to team with a geek and a Senior Citizen. *****

They won the match in impressive fashion= over.

And the fans love King and are warming up to Haas, so that doesn't hurt him at all.

Oh yeah JR being made fun of pisses me off.

It was a rib, just like what they did to JBL.

Dolph Zigler? I guess WWE really wants to distance him from the Spirit Squad days, although I always think of Nemeth first as Kerwin White's caddy. WWE creative has been brutal with names as of late.

Show was good, the crowd was hot. The cage match delivered, the Santino, Orton, JBL ,and 'Tista segment was gold, gotta love Santino's promos (But I see no HonkaMeter tonight, perhaps Wrestlecrap sued WWE for ripping off the Clock-Trolla) and Big Dave brung the mic skills tonight. Good to see Jericho still hates JBL for trying to strangle him. Haas is catching on with the crowd, funny how comedy angles are the way to get him over (RE see his team with Rico in 04).

A ladder match sounds fun, but why is Shawn worried about a title when the angle says he is disobeying the doc in order to hurt Chris.

Haven't you listened to a word Jericho has said in the last few weeks? Shawn is a liar who only thinks about himself and it was made obvious tonight when his injury 'suddenly' wasn't an issue when his greedy little face saw gold.

Edited by Hector

Kane vs. the midgets?

Should be interesting.

Worked for King Kong Bundy.

This guy has spent all night wandering around backstage shaking hands? Well, that's one way to go I guess.

Hopefully he made sure to shake the Undertaker's.

I especially enjoyed the "why does the British woman have a fake British accent?" comment.

Due to unidentified technical difficulties, Raw in Canada started at 9:15 with the Mr. T WoW commercial and a JIP cage match. Bah. I set the DVR the first 30 minutes of the replay so hopefully that had the issue fixed. There was a lot of static feedback in the sound early on, so I wonder if that was the problem.

Raw seemed kind of dull overall - the crowd was very quiet and that never helps. I ended up falling asleep before the show ended (which almost became disasterous since I was supposed to be getting ready for work, luckily it was a quick 10 minute doze off). Jim Haas was a poor idea - it was kind of funny and all, but people don't want to cheer what could be viewed as a mockery of JR, so Haas was back to getting the "Haas Pop" and it was sad.

BARON -

Here's how i would've book the segment that pisssed me off so badly:

Kofi's out - Hacksaw's in..... The Heels give Haas his comedy spots, Lawler gets his cheap pop hometown moves, and Hacksaw eats a clean pin. The heels wipe the faces out after and Cryme Tyme and Kofi put a stop to it. There Heels gets a clear win- Kofi looks like player instead of a geek - Lawler gets his pops, Vince gets to mock JR - Everybody wins

I refuse to care about Noble since they jobbed him 2600 times before deciding to put him in with a guy who had been a upper mid card player prior to his suspension

Santino has no business w/ The head liners. Herpes jokes ain't gonna sell PPVs

I especially enjoyed the "why does the British woman have a fake British accent?" comment.

To be fair to Spike, up until now she has been speaking with an definate American twang, for whatever reason. I remember one segment in ECW she had with Kelly Kelly where I was sitting there and had no clue what she was saying because she was stuck in between American drawl and British drawl and couldn't decide which to go with. If you didn't specifically know she was British (and I don't think WWE have ever acknowledged it since the Diva Search), you'd wonder what the hell was going on.

Speaking of Brits, the fact they had Burchill lose to Noble is one thing. And by submission another yet. But the fact they had him and Regal in the same segment and didn't even acknowledge a relationship between the two once tells me he's in trouble.

And boy, they're really blowing this Kane/Rey thing, huh? I don't get why people were so eager to see Kane get his mask back, his interview showed how much better defined a character he is without it. The interview makes sense, but I'm still struggling getting into this 'soul destroying' attack that we didn't see, nobody else has really mentioned that much, was only ever talked about by Kane and that Rey has shown absolutely zero side-effects of sice coming back.

And then they stick them in a match just to kill the heat off the feud. "I'm going to crush your spirit Rey... but first I must put you in a rear chinlock, because we've gone to a commercial." "Kane, I am not a victim, I'm going to make you pay... with a whole bunch of hurricanranas and headscissors that don't really look like they'd do you much damage at all if I'm honest." Weak.