TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - September 15, 2008

Dolph Ziggler is just about the worst name they've come up with yet.

I don't think anything will ever top "Beaver Cleavage" in the stupidity category. Still, a pretty dumb name.

Nice touch in that backstage segment where Jericho brought up JBL costing him The WWE Title last December. Apparently they are capable of remember stuff beyond 3 months ago. Well, sometimes.

BARON - [sic]

Kofi's out - Hacksaw's in..... The Heels give Haas his comedy spots, Lawler gets his cheap pop hometown moves, and Hacksaw eats a clean pin. The heels wipe the faces out after and Cryme Tyme and Kofi put a stop to it. There Heels gets a clear win- Kofi looks like player instead of a geek - Lawler gets his pops, Vince gets to mock JR - Everybody wins

But then the heels beat two geezers and a comedy figure and get chased away by Cryme Tyme and Kofi. The way they booked the segment was fine, you're just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking,

I refuse to care about Noble since they jobbed him 2600 times before deciding to put him in with a guy who had been a upper mid card player prior to his suspension

He's been really good in this angle, and I like the new aggressive Jamie Noble.

Santino has no business w/ The head liners [sic]. Herpes jokes ain't gonna sell PPVs

Jericho-HBK is the main event, that's what's going to sell the PPV anyway. So there's nothing wrong with Santino doing a little comedy, and I like that they had him stand up to Orton.

They should re-do Slamboree 97 and have a mini-battle royal with the winner facing Jericho immediately afterward.

Slamboree 98 to be technical. It included the infamous Bischoff-McMahon match that never took place.

I thought he was suppose to be some sort of Dolph Lundgren clone.

Wow! What a difference from just a week ago. She's obviously been working hard.

...are we talking about the same Candice Michelle who wrestled last night? Who put on by far the worst performance on this show, bar none? Are you high?

:blink:

...are we talking about the same Candice Michelle who wrestled last night? Who put on by far the worst performance on this show, bar none? Are you high?

Seriously, she's as bad as Ashley was at this point.

Ummm...the comment was a comparison from the week before. It is obvious she's been working hard to shake the ring rust.

I don't get high...anymore. :P

For what it's worth, the MNF game was the highest rated program in the entire history of cable television. That game had all the makings of a big-time showdown going in and it ended up being an instant classic. If you're WWE, there's not much you're going to do to combat that.

FWIW, even my mom watched that game. And she pretty much never watches sports. So, clearly there was some kind of crossover mainstream appeal.

Still, it's funny how this could in theory give Punk a Hogan-like excuse about how the numbers dropped when they took the belt off him.

Ummm...the comment was a comparison from the week before. It is obvious she's been working hard to shake the ring rust.

She needs to work a hell of a lot harder, then, considering how awful she still was.

So is the rating based around people watching it live? Because the game was over by the time Raw started for people on the west coast.

I want the ratings to nosedive so hard. I want it to go back to 1996 levels, where it got so low McMahon flipped out and let Vince Russo book the entire promotion. Stephanie is a horrible booker and I want things while she is in charge to fail very badly.

It doesn't matter, Stephanie isn't the one that's going to be replaced or anything, they'll just go back to the old stand-bys: McMahon-amania, Triple H everywhere, etc. etc.

I want the ratings to nosedive so hard. I want it to go back to 1996 levels, where it got so low McMahon flipped out and let Vince Russo book the entire promotion. Stephanie is a horrible booker and I want things while she is in charge to fail very badly.

Given how profitable they are, I don't see that happening.

And I still don't see how the product is so bad and what would need "shaking" up?

Given how profitable they are, I don't see that happening.

And I still don't see how the product is so bad and what would need "shaking" up?

He doesn't see things being that bad either, he's just stuck in 2002.

Dolph Ziggler is just about the worst name they've come up with yet.

I don't think anything will ever top "Beaver Cleavage" in the stupidity category. Still, a pretty dumb name.

I personally feel "Meat" was a dumber name.

For what it's worth this was the first Raw since March 1997 that I didn't see due to the power outages here that are just now getting straightened out. Combine Hurricane Ike and its after effects that left other areas without power along with the game drawing record cable ratings and it's no shock that this show did a lousy rating.