TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Discussion: The Undertaker

Since returning to the SmackDown brand, there is some major heat on the WWE Champion Triple H, mainly for him going out of his way to make the younger talents look bad on camera, especially guys like MVP and Shelton Benjamin. A lot of the guys backstage were upset about Triple H’s recent promo and have went to The Undertaker for a resolution, of sorts. The Undertaker agrees with the younger talents and says he understands how they feel.

The belief is that a backstage showdown is coming between The Undertaker and Triple H, due to the way the WWE Champion treats people in the locker room. Many people think that Triple H would get his way in the end but the one person that Vince McMahon respects and trusts the most above others is The Undertaker. Triple H wouldn’t lose his job obviously but some kind of changes would have to be made.

The Undertaker sees SmackDown as his brand and the Superstars as his boys, in a way. If he isn’t backed by McMahon when the time comes, there’s a feeling that he could take more time off for injuries as a way to show his displeasure. There’s already a thought among some close to the situation that Triple H wants payback for his loss at WrestleMania 17 and is pushing for himself to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 with the streak being broken.

wrestlenewz

^That was bound to happen soon enough. Although the "promo" promo on SD! a few weeks ago was refreshing, I can see why MVP and Shelton are pissed off. It's quite funny that despite UT not appearing much on camera, he is the boss backstage.

Undertaker vs HHH backstage powerplay was predicted once HHH landed on SD! with the draft. Taker and HHH don't really have any relationship other than a professional one and never particularly got alone - Taker is the lockerroom leader (I guess comparable to a union boss) and HHH is management - it could get really interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if this is HHH's way to get back on Raw. HHH hasn't been interesting as an on-screen character literally in years.

Undertaker will retire before losing his streak to HHH - I have no doubt about that.

Yeah, the last time I thought HHH was interesting was right after WM 22 when he was doing the tweener role between his feud with Cena/Edge and HBK/McMahons/Spirit Squad. But then DX happened, and yeah...

I'd say that he should turn heel, but he is ridiculously popular as a face these days. Either way, I just hope he stays on SD since it seemed like Raw became good immediately after he left to go to SD's main event scene.

Undertaker vs HHH backstage powerplay was predicted once HHH landed on SD! with the draft. Taker and HHH don't really have any relationship other than a professional one and never particularly got alone - Taker is the lockerroom leader (I guess comparable to a union boss) and HHH is management - it could get really interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if this is HHH's way to get back on Raw. HHH hasn't been interesting as an on-screen character literally in years.

Undertaker will retire before losing his streak to HHH - I have no doubt about that.

What would WWE have to do to convince him to end the streak to HHH of all people? I don't think another title run would be enough or even a bigger contract would get the job done. HHH can't win this one. He should just focus on finding ways to get to #17 before his body gives out.

Well it was just reported like, last week, that Taker and/or creative figure if Taker loses at Mania, it's not going to be to an established main eventer.

In other news: Wrestlers have contracts that determine how long they are a champion, usually for a year. So, when Jericho's contract for being a champion runs out, he'll be scripted to lose the belt. This is what I in a conversation two people on the bus were having on my way to work tonight. I may have misheard her, but the other party in the conversation said "Cena is out with an injury and will be replaced by The Rock".

I heard that if Undertaker would ever lost at WM, it would be to somebody who had zero momentum going but the company was behind, with Ted DiBiase, Jr. being mentioned specifically. In my opinion, nobody, established or not, could live up to it. I want his streak to live on. If he doesn't deserve it, then nobody does. At all.

What would WWE have to do to convince him to end the streak to HHH of all people? I don't think another title run would be enough or even a bigger contract would get the job done. HHH can't win this one. He should just focus on finding ways to get to #17 before his body gives out.

They could always do the unthinkable "Hart screwjob, act 2" and run with a HHH heel run as the bosses step-son. I extremely highly doubt they would ever do it, but it's not to say they couldn't.

They could always do the unthinkable "Hart screwjob, act 2" and run with a HHH heel run as the bosses step-son. I extremely highly doubt they would ever do it, but it's not to say they couldn't.

Step son? :huh:

If HHH breaks The Undertaker's streak then I will stop watching wrestling.

I think I'm going to have to co-sign this statement.

It will be utter bullshit.

Every feud he has is basically the same.

The guy never seems to lose. He takes more time off than anyone, and I really hated him during the Invasion when he just decided to stop selling for anyone.

And his character is just boring. The "conscience" of the WWE? I guess.

No, there's hatred there. The guy's reign of terror from 2000-2001 where you just couldnt hurt him caused me to really dislike him.

And then in 02 you had the classic Taker trilogy against Austin, Hogan and HHH. And that feud with Ric Flair that just involved Taker finding new ways to fuck with him and then squash him in the blowoff.

That was six years ago. Get over it.

I explained why my reasons went past 2002 earlier.

He's an uninteresting character. 90% of his feuds are: I'm not afraid of you Undertaker! ::cue special effects:: Oh wait, I am. Tombstone, goodbye.

And I lost interest in the streak when I realised that he's never going to lose it, so there's no real drama with those Wrestlemania matches.

He, rarely, if ever, puts anyone over, and if he does lose (except to Batista), you know there were shenanigans involved.

And it's annoying how he gets to take more vacations then anyone on the roster. The guy had off from April-September last year with injury, and then got to take another two month break this year.

I don't like the way his fued with Randy Orton ended...but that's okay, Orton has made it up on his own.

UT just kinda bores me really...honestly, he's always bored me. I can only watch fsix of his matches repeatedly without getting bored: vs. Hardy ladder match, vs. Edge at WM24, vs. HBK at Ground Zero (and really it's because of HBK's goofiness, man was hilarious) HIAC vs. HBK, HIAC vs. Foley and vs. Triple H at WM17.

When I went to Judgement Day this year, I took the time during his match with Edge to go grab a beer and take a piss (in that order). Missed the first 10 minutes...screw it, I saw the match already two months earlier.

People praised the NWO match with Angle, I didn't see the greatness. I mean it was a fine match, but I wasn't totally blown away like others were at the time

But Undertaker can put over wrestlers without really jobbing to them. Part of the reason Cena became the star he is now was because of the Undertaker feud IMO, although he lost that feud, Taker allowed Cena to hang with him and brought a really good match out of a green John Cena (Although some would argue, that Angle did more for Cena's career, and I would agree).

He put over Brock Lesnar really well, even Kennedy in my opinion. After the feud with Taker, Kennedy was at the highest point of his career and people were calling for him to be the next world champion. But Kennedy fucked it up himself by getting injured, and becoming stale. Plus who could ever forget the whole Royal Rumble 2002, Maven incident... You can't say you didn't mark the fuck out at that.

But why can't he lose to them?

I hated the Taker-Cena Vengeance match, I never saw what people liked about that match. Taker picked him at 2 at one point just to be awesome, and the ending was the same as every other Taker match. Don't punch Taker in the corner.

I am a fan of Taker but the only guy he has ever truly put over is Lesnar, think about that. I'm not one of those guys that think, a wrestler has too job to put a guy over, but when/if Taker loses you know he's going to get the favor back, it's annoying. He doesn't bore me like he does BL and Bob, but he does look goofy as hell some times. Big Show laughing at his (UT) entrance at Unforgiven was one of the most appropriate reactions to Taker, I've seen in a long time.

I co-sign the love for Cena/Taker Vengeance match, Cena finding a new way to call Taker a fag in his promos leading up to the match, was genius.

I remember watching 'Taker's first appearance and seeing the kids bawl their eyes out in fear. I remember watching the agile PHENOM, as he ascended to superstardom, every week. I was even there, in the crowd, when Ric Flair slid the chair into the ring, so he could tombstone Hogan's bald noggin on it and win the WWF Title back in '91.

I haven't been impressed with 'Taker in a LONG time. His American Badass stint was the biggest killer to his persona, but he's been declining steadily pretty much since he and Kane resolved their feud. I believe he's overdue to lose at Mania, and to whom he falls isn't even important. Just like Flair did, it's time to give back to the business that made him what he is (wealthy).

I'd like to see him job at WM, just to prove he still has respect for the business and hasn't lost sight of what's important. It is the responsibility of each and every worker to push the new talent as their careers' expire, so the void their retirement creates isn't as noticeable to the paying marks.

Yea, and then they could just say Taker went undefeated in his first x Wrestlemanias, only losing in his final match ever. It'd still be the streak, it'd still be untouchable. If someone ever challenged they could always fall short like 5 or so Manias. It'd still mean as much ONLY if his Mania loss is his last match, though.