TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Discussion: The Undertaker

I don't like the way his fued with Randy Orton ended...but that's okay, Orton has made it up on his own.

UT just kinda bores me really...honestly, he's always bored me. I can only watch fsix of his matches repeatedly without getting bored: vs. Hardy ladder match, vs. Edge at WM24, vs. HBK at Ground Zero (and really it's because of HBK's goofiness, man was hilarious) HIAC vs. HBK, HIAC vs. Foley and vs. Triple H at WM17.

I've always considered his HIAC match w/ Brock Lesnar to be my favorite HIAC match and my favorite match from 2002.

Then again, it's just a personal favorite for me and may/may reflect w/ other posters.

I''ve aways liked Taker. Not just his gimmick, also his no nonsense work ethic and workrate. Even when WWE has put him in horrible angles, he gets the best out of it. He can also pull decent matches out of crap workers like Kahli. Taker should keep the streak because I am certain that if WWE did decide to have him lose it, they would mishandle it. Comparisons to Goldberg's streak are of no value. Goldberg's streak was just about sheer numbers, whereas Taker's is tied to the legacy of the most prestigious PPV in the industry. In Kayfabe terms, Undertaker's WM streak represents "raising your game" at the most important show of the year.

In regards to HHH, I can see why Taker is not keen on his "shoots". Although I have always hated the over-protection of Kayfabe off-screen, I understand that within the show itself, it is very important. HHH plays with that balance too much.