TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 3

I don't really like it, but it's the smart move. Which is more likely? They land the hail mary or win on a lateral-fest, or turn the ball over and blow it?

They are essentially turning it over anyways by allowing re-possession to be determined by a coin flip. And throwing a hail mary pass to the end zone, getting it picked off, and having it returned for a TD is just as unlikely as the Hail Mary TD anyways.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Giants win the toss. I don't have faith in the Bengals defense after that last drive, but who knows. Is it too early in the season to start the annual debate on NFL OT rules vs College OT rules?

Aw, it's never too early! Unusual for me to advocate anything the NCAA does, but if you like NFL overtime, you're football retarded.

The Giants don't score and will end up losing here since the defense is gassed. It's one of those games that just doesn't make sense.

Guest Smues
Giants win the toss. I don't have faith in the Bengals defense after that last drive, but who knows. Is it too early in the season to start the annual debate on NFL OT rules vs College OT rules?

Aw, it's never too early! Unusual for me to advocate anything the NCAA does, but if you like NFL overtime, you're football retarded.

Well shit I knew my memory sucked, but I really thought you were anti the NCAA rule. I remember someone bitching about how retarded it was, and thought that was you. Hmm I wonder who I'm thinking of. Anyway I'm pro-NCAA rule. I like giving each team a chance, rather than the coin toss bullshit.

On the other hand, I do like the clock and that an NFL game can end in a tie.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Well shit I knew my memory sucked, but I really thought you were anti the NCAA rule. I remember someone bitching about how retarded it was, and thought that was you.

Nope. NFL overtime is tantamount to a baseball game ending in sudden death in the top of the 10th inning. Completely ridiculous. Matching possessions is the one true way. Every offense needs the opportunity to touch the ball.

Nah. They muddy up the standings. We're Americans, dammit. We demand wins.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I think they should just play fifteen more minutes and whoever is ahead after that wins.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

That wouldn't be bad, either, but nothing chaps my ass like the Broncos or whoeverthefuck trudging down to the 35 and kicking the field goal, game over.

Guest Smues

Nah. They muddy up the standings. We're Americans, dammit. We demand wins.

It's football, a little mud is a good thing.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Chicago had them stopped behind the ten, then some jackoff on the Bucs is grinding his elbow into Alex Brown's face while he's on his back, Tillman runs in like a retard, there's a big scrum, and Chicago gets hit with a 15 yarder to keep Tampa alive. Impossibly stupid. I'd bench a guy for that.

Guest Smues

Damn my next game is PIT/PHI. Not sure why but this just doesn't interest me. I'd switch to FOX, but I'm sure its just the shitty Seahawks game.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
I take back everything positive I said about the Bears or their defense. Just awful.

Bend but don't break my fucking ass. This defense is worthless because it doesn't adapt or exhibit any sort of flexibility. They either execute Lovie Smith's divinely inspired master plan or they don't do anything.

Bucs win! Griese with over 400 yards passing on 67 attempts. This is not a formula for success, but whatever. With Green Bay and Denver coming up in the next two weeks, we needed a win.