TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 3

It sucks that the Raiders lost but seeing how they put up a fight for the entire game. had a good lead for most of the game, and wasn't totally crushed by the Bills makes me still hopeful for the season. I don't see them making it to the playoffs or anything, I just really want them to have a good season this year.

The Raiders aren't the bad team that they looked like in week 1.

The problem they had today was that they got away from the blitzes that were destroying Buffalo because they got scared that they'd beat 1 and score a quick shot to get in the game.

Instead they backed off and drowned slowly. They shouldn't have stopped attacking...the Bills offense had no answers.

Bills, Broncos, Ravens, and Titans are all undefeated right now. What the fuck...

I never thought I'd be rooting for the Packers, but fuck it... always been a Rodgers fan.

And I just want to state again how much Trent Edwards has impressed me. He's showing poise and he's fucking TOUGH. I can't wait until more people start talking.

After tonight's game, there will be six undefeated teams:

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

Which of these teams will be the last to lose a game? How about the first?

The winner of Dallas/Green Bay will be the last to lose. Baltimore will lose next week.

Did you see how bad the Steelers looked today vs the Eagles? Big Ben will get his bell rung more than the Big Ben in London next Monday night.

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

The winner of Dallas/Green Bay will be the last to lose. Baltimore will lose next week.

Did you see how bad the Steelers looked today vs the Eagles? Big Ben will get his bell rung more than the Big Ben in London next Monday night.

I actually didn't see. We got IND-JAX up here.

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

I actually didn't see. We got IND-JAX up here.

The Eagles beat em 15-6. The Eagles were without Westbrook for most of the game and McNabb got hurt. The Eagles sacked Roethlisberger 8 times and he only threw for 131 yards. Parker only had 20 yards rushing. So yeah.

I could agree with anyone who said the Ravens might lose in 2 weeks to Tennessee or 3 weeks to Indy though, but not vs the Steelers.

Since Marvin is so confident about Baltimore winning next week, I will now predict that Pittsburgh destroys them 31-3 with Ben throwing for 300+ yards and a few TDs and Parker running for over 100 yards.

Since Marvin is so confident about Baltimore winning next week, I will now predict that Pittsburgh destroys them 31-3 with Ben throwing for 300+ yards and a few TDs and Parker running for over 100 yards.

One thing that wont happen is Parker going for over 100. Even with all their defensive injuries last year, the Ravens rush defense has been exceptional over the last few years and they haven't given up a 100 yards rushing by a single player in 21 straight games. Last guy to do it was Larry Johnson on December 10th, 2006 (120 yards, the Ravens still won that game)

They also havent given up 300 yards passing yet (125 to Anderson, 99 to Palmer)

Guest Vitamin X

Geez, some stops on third down would be nice.

EDIT: Thanks, Nick! Man that might've gone all the way if he wasn't totally gassed by midfield.

New Orleans is one of those places where every loss is oh no the sky is falling. The grace period that Payton got for the 2006 season is officially gone, I think. How could you not run Deuce at the end of that game?

Why go for the running game on that three-play drive, when it failed you the whole game?

Guest Vitamin X

Woof. Felix Jones is a beast. 10-6 'Boys.

As I said, I knew the run defense was going to be a problem. Barber is over 70 yards and Jones just broke a 60 yarder for a TD.

Guest Vitamin X

So far it looks like Agent's prediction is right; shame that half the Packers' defense is banged up, though. This run defense is pitiful.

Damn. I'm not a fan of the Pack or anything but any night the Cowboys lose is a good night. This does not appear to be a good night, but it was a good day because the Eagles won! Damn those Cowboys though.

Guest Vitamin X

Two things:

1. KGB needs to be Old Yeller'd. The pass rush is infinitely better with Cullen Jenkins on the outside than with the undersized Biamila who seems to just take the guy on him around the QB and does nothing.

2. The offense looks like they have no idea what they're doing. I don't know if this is Aaron Rodgers' fault or what (I think the coverage Dallas has had on the Packers' receivers has been spectacular), but this offense is really frustrating. They stuck with that four-receiver, five receiver shit way too long in the first half which resulted in all those three and outs. Meanwhile, Dallas just wore out the defense, which is already banged the hell up, with Barber on the other side and now they're just able to finish off Green Bay with that huge play. Even if that had resulted in an incompletion or even a turnover, what would it matter? The defense is fresh, the offense isn't doing much of note, and it seems like they have a muzzle on A-Rodge, because he has that high completion % and had quite a few yards, but they didn't start doing anything until they were running with Grant and Jackson in the 3rd.

They definitely deserve the loss, and also, WTF where's the protection?!

Guest Vitamin X

This team has completely given up in the 4th. Would having Favre around have made a difference, I'm starting to wonder.

Guest Vitamin X
difference in what way?

like...he'd have thrown some more INTs?

That certainly seems true, but it almost feels like they could've benefitted from taking some bigger risks downfield. Greg Jennings has caught everything thrown his way, he's over 100 yards, why not bomb it out to him?

I saw at least a few big plays by the Cowboys tonight, the big run by Felix Jones for the TD, the big pass to Miles Austin which set up Marion Barber's TD, and then of course Miles Austin's own big TD as well. That's actually the entirety of why the Cowboys won this game. Where's the big play from the Packers? They had Driver's long reception, and Jennings had a couple good catches, but that's it. They need to either balance out the offense a lot more (and stop committing so many fucking penalties) or take some risks.

......that was a awesome, except the fact it became a forward pass.

Guest Vitamin X

That was disappointing, but not entirely. I knew the Packers were going to have a tough time of it against Marion Barber, and he was pretty much the reason they won. Losing Al Harris mid-game and Nick Barnett for a huge chunk of the time Barber was running all over the defense didn't help, but the playcalling on the offensive side of the ball was awful.

Hopefully Tony Moll finally gets shot out back as well and we can go back to the starting lineup that was projected for the season with Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, and Tauscher.

I don't think Dallas so much as looked like a team that's going to the Super Bowl as much as Green Bay had their early season weaknesses exposed big time. It's a shame the only other time we can play Dallas is in the playoffs and if we did, it'd likely be in Dallas thanks to this game, but I think they'll bounce back next week.

Let's see how I did today:

Early Games (1:15pm EDT)

KC @ ATL: Oh man what a truly hideous game. This could be worth seeing for how bad it will be. I'll take the Falcons by 10. (Falcons at least can beat bad teams. 1 for 1)

OAK @ BUF: Wow, who would have thought the Bills could be 3-0? Buffalo by 11. (Raiders gave it all they had, wasn't quite enough. 2 for 2, no cover though).

CIN @ NYG: You want another Giants beatdown? Here it is vs. the hopeless Bengals. NYG by 17. (Wasn't a beatdown at all, Bengals gave it their all. No cover, 3 for 3 on wins).

MIA @ NE: Man, the Pats don't seem to play anyone. Let's see them against someone decent to see what Cassel can actually do. NE by 7. (Wow, this one surprised me. 3 for 4).

HOU @ TEN: Curious game, no idea what to make of the Texans right now. I'll go with the Titans by 6. (Titans won easier than that. 4 for 5).

TB @ CHI: Griese going back to Chicago....I'll take the Bears by 3, but it is a total tossup. (Bah, it was a total tossup but I had it wrong. 4 for 6)

ARI @ WAS: Another interesting tossup game, but for whatever reason I think the Cardinals are pretty solid. Zona by 4. (Another one I just had wrong. 4 for 7)

CAR @ MIN: Could it be the magic of Gus Frerotte that leads the Vikings to a win? This is a must win, so I'll take the Vikings by 2. (Frerotte baby~! 5 for 8)

Late Afternoon Games (4:15pm EDT)

NO @ DEN: Denver is doing well so far and conveniently have this one at home. Should be a fun and exciting game. Denver 38-35. (Man I had that almost to the exact score. 6 for 9)

DET @ SF: I have no idea about this one since both teams are crap. Since it's at SF, I'll take the Niners by 6. (Niners won easier than that. 7 for 10)

STL @ SEA: Seahawks are 0-2 but they almost have to win this one since the Rams are one of the worst teams in the league. Seattle by 8. (The Rams may seriously have a shot at 0-16. 8 for 11)

PIT @ PHI: Great game here. Can't see the Eagles having much in the tank after Monday, so I think the Steelers sneak in and steal this one. Steelers by 1. (Just a brutal battle. Eagles had enough in the tank after all. 8 for 12)

CLE @ BAL: I don't really buy the Ravens and the Browns really need a win. I'll take the Browns by 7. (Browns may be toast after this one. 8 for 13)

JAX @ IND: A must win for the Jags, but will they? Uh...no. Colts in another brawl 17-14. (This was a bunch of crap. 8 for 14)

Sunday Night Football (8:15pm EDT on NBC)

Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers: I think the Packers might have beaten Dallas last year if Rodgers had played the entire game, we'll see if he can do it now at home. GB by 4, since Dallas (much like Philly) will be a bit out of it after the crazy MNF game. (Dallas schooled them and proved me wrong. 8 for 15)

Cassell's career is parallelling Brady's nicely so far: Win your first start and then get raped by the Dolphins (though the defense took most of the assrape).

I saw the end of JAX/IND at work. Scobee's field goal probably would have been good from 60 yards. I love how he sprinted down the field and ripped the ball from a terrified ballboy.