TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

ECW on Sci-Fi - September 16, 2008

ECW Champion Matt Hardy had the last laugh, yet again, after he and Finlay, with Hornswoggle, defeated Mark Henry & Mike Knox, leaving them both bloodied, battered and bruised on ECW on Sci Fi. After a distraction by Hornswoggle, Finlay hit Henry with his shillelagh, while Knox was leveled by a Twist of Fate by the ECW Champion. While Hardy and Finlay came out on top, once again, Henry was not pinned for the win, leaving the World’s Strongest Man still hungry to regain the ECW Championship. But before he can continue his quest to win back championship gold, Henry must face Finlay one-on-one this week on ECW. What will happen when the Belfast Brawler collides with the World's Strongest Man?

With the help of The Miz, John Morrison got revenge on Evan Bourne for defeating him and the self-proclaimed “Chick Magnet” on Raw the previous night. Thanks to The Miz’s distraction, Morrison pinned Bourne for the win. Will the devious “Dirt Sheet” duo continue to brawl with the high-flyer? Will Bourne find a way to get back at Miz & Morrison for his loss?

“The All-American American” Jack Swagger made his ECW debut on Tuesday night, defeating a local competitor, Josh Daniels. Swagger, who joined ECW as part of General Manager Theodore Long’s New Superstar Initiative, made a strong impression on the Land of the Extreme. Who will this newcomer face next? Will Swagger continue to dominate in his “All-American” fashion?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night at 10/9 CT. Don’t forget, ECW on Sci Fi will begin airing at 9/8 CT on Sept. 30.

I just want to see Jack Swagger in a longer match. I wonder if they'll bring in enhancement for him to squash, or just feed him Gavin Spears. Spears and Swagger must have wrestled each other in FCW, as Jack was champ and Spears was a top card guy.

Swagger does need to come out in a warm-up jacket - the look worked for him in developmental.

Also, I'm thinking that Swagger needs red, white and blue ring attire.

I agree. The whole "The American American" gimmick makes no sense unless he's really over doing the whole "I'm a proud American" thing. The black trunks and goofy smile just doesn't work for that gimmick. He also needs some freaking charisma as well.

I agree. The whole "The American American" gimmick makes no sense unless he's really over doing the whole "I'm a proud American" thing. The black trunks and goofy smile just doesn't work for that gimmick. He also needs some freaking charisma as well.

Well, that and I think too many wrestlers have had black in their ring attire anyway. It was a trend since the Attitude era. Mixing up with colors is good IMO. Hell, I even liked when Trips was bringing out different colors other than black.

Hell, I even liked when Trips was bringing out different colors other than black.

That was only because he supposedly told Flair not to wear any other color for his trunks besides black and HHH mocked him by wearing different colors in 2003. Flair was basically HHH's slave that year.

Someone here posted something about it at the time.

The goofy smile and the completely vacant look in his eyes = not good.

He looks like an indy guy who can't believe he's actually wrestling on TV.

I just want to see Jack Swagger in a longer match.

He had a very passable match with D'lo at a the RAW house show I went to Sunday night. He kept doing exaggerated versions of his already weird entrance poses, though. It was... distracting.

The goofy smile and the completely vacant look in his eyes = not good.

He looks like an indy guy who can't believe he's actually wrestling on TV.

And that's pretty much all he is, he's a cardboard cut out with a smile on his face. He has so much to work with as well and he's not.

1. His last name is "Swagger". It's not the greatest last name for a wrestler but it's catchy. He could be really getting it out there by saying it a few times in the ring by saying who he is.

2. He has this "I'm more American than you" gimmick and he has nothing to show that. No American Flag, no American Flag or Bald eagle tights, hell he doesn't even have one of those silly American flag really tall hats. He just comes out in these black trunks and goofy smile and does nothing to say that he's more American than everyone else. Honestly with a gimmick like that, he should be shoving an apple pie in someone's face. Which brings me to point #3.

3. I can't tell if he's face or if he's heel. Grisham and Striker are putting him over as a heel, but I haven't seen him do or say anything heelish. Hell I haven't heard him say anything at all.

4.....With a last name of "Swagger" why isn't he a pirate? (I blame the WWE booking commitee on that one.)

The goofy smile has its place.

"All-American" has to do with collegiate sports. Yeah, the extra American tacked on makes it more ambiguous than that, like he should be an overbearingly patriotic nerd like Angle was when he started out. It very well can and likely will progress into what everyone is thinking at some point, but it can play just as well into some kind of 'kid from the heartland who is also a tremendous dick, but happens to be an All-American' gimmick.

Mugging for the camera and pointing to his face and smile every time he can = heel.

Swagger is entirely different from piracy. If I had my guess it's a pun based on the 'swagger jack' phrase which just so happens to be close to his real name and reeks of arrogance.